Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Side by Side Grow Experiments > Organic Vs. Chemical Nutes/Additives Side By Side (Roots Organics vs GH FloraDuo)

Thread Title Search
Visit Precision Extraction
Organic Vs. Chemical Nutes/Additives Side By Side (Roots Organics vs GH FloraDuo) Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 05:45 PM #11
supermanlives
Banned

supermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond repute
i bet you get higher yield with chems .
supermanlives is offline Quote

Old 12-29-2011, 05:54 PM #12
blueberrydrumz

blueberrydrumz has a spectacular aura aboutblueberrydrumz has a spectacular aura aboutblueberrydrumz has a spectacular aura aboutblueberrydrumz has a spectacular aura about
goin to be interesting!!
blueberrydrumz is offline Quote

Old 12-29-2011, 05:55 PM #13
DGSIX

That's what i'm looking to find out, if it tastes any better/different. So far the organic plants seem to be growing a bit faster. Wont get truly interesting for about a month.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:09 PM #14
Rjstoner
phenotype bow hunter

Rjstoner has a spectacular aura aboutRjstoner has a spectacular aura aboutRjstoner has a spectacular aura about
a buddie of mine who dont go online or take pics did full H&G versus full humboldt line
got way more yield with h&g but better tasting from humboldt i think this will be close to the same results but who knows

my current grow and previous
my best times are the high times

Archery Talk
Rjstoner is offline Quote

Old 12-29-2011, 10:13 PM #15
Dkgrower

Dkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really nice
Nice one i follow along and see
Dkgrower is offline Quote

Old 12-29-2011, 11:00 PM #16
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Hash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond repute
Organic won't mean shit if you don't properly flush, dry, and cure.

Quote:
"I know no safe depositary of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power." -Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." -Carl Sagan
Quote:
"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Hash Zeppelin is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:26 AM #17
C21H30O2
I have ridden the mighty sandworm.

C21H30O2 is a jewel in the roughC21H30O2 is a jewel in the roughC21H30O2 is a jewel in the roughC21H30O2 is a jewel in the roughC21H30O2 is a jewel in the roughC21H30O2 is a jewel in the rough
No offense, but if you come over to the organic forum you'll see that "organic" from a bottle is not the same thing as true living organic soil. To give organics a fare shake you should be using compost, rock dust, and mulches. You should be building your micro-herd so that they can feed your plant, not measuring out liquid from a bottle, measuring pH, or determining the ppm. These things mean nothing in living soil. Respect.

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:18 PM #18
sunnydog
Drip King

sunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nice
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by C21H30O2 View Post
No offense, but if you come over to the organic forum you'll see that "organic" from a bottle is not the same thing as true living organic soil. To give organics a fare shake you should be using compost, rock dust, and mulches. You should be building your micro-herd so that they can feed your plant, not measuring out liquid from a bottle, measuring pH, or determining the ppm. These things mean nothing in living soil. Respect.
Word.

Blumats! Automatic watering!

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
Leave dripper line at ~8cm. long.
Give the pot a good watering.
Insert B/M snugly into nicely compacted soil(not too loose) .
Open till water comes out, carefully close until just a drop barely forms.
Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows
Adjust as necessary for a few days, then leave it alone!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~
sunnydog is offline Quote

Old 12-30-2011, 03:16 PM #19
DGSIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by C21H30O2 View Post
I respect your opinion and love TLO. But, this is roots organics line vs general hydro flora duo. Otherwise it would have been titled TLO vs. Chem side by side.

My intentions by this are to debunk whether or not it's even worth it to run these 7 bottle organic nute systems such as Roots or General Organics in soil and coco It's far more exspensive than TLO and maybe far less effective.

Also, I do ammend my growing medium with benneficial bacteria w/ great white as well as water it in every few weeks, feed it humics, use enzymes that clean the soil and create better nutrient uptake, and use a catalyst to feed bio life. So is it still not organic?

I really appreciate the constructive criticism and would like to learn more about TLO from you and the other members here at IC. I am simply using what I have left from my last 2 grows then i will be getting soil and the amendments to make a TLO run as well.

Thanks,
-DG-

Old 12-30-2011, 04:44 PM #20
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
there will always be people who want the side by side to be different - but this is what it is.
there are many different ways to do organic just like everything else, you cant test them all in a simple side by side.
i would urge anyone wanting a particular type of test to go ahead and arrange a side by side of their own rather than criticizing someone else's comparison or derailing the thread with talk of methods that arent being tested here.

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab, Organic soil, 44W LED. (Bubba S1 project)

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow with custom HG LED (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.