What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic Vs. Chemical Nutes/Additives Side By Side (Roots Organics vs GH FloraDuo)

D

DGSIX

Thanks guys, I'm really excited to see the outcome as well. Plus, like I mentioned before, this will only help me become a better gardner in the end. Which is all I strive for, and to give back to the community here. I'd been on here for a few years but switched up my username this summer.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
I respect your opinion and love TLO. But, this is roots organics line vs general hydro flora duo. Otherwise it would have been titled TLO vs. Chem side by side.

My intentions by this are to debunk whether or not it's even worth it to run these 7 bottle organic nute systems such as Roots or General Organics in soil and coco It's far more exspensive than TLO and maybe far less effective.

Also, I do ammend my growing medium with benneficial bacteria w/ great white as well as water it in every few weeks, feed it humics, use enzymes that clean the soil and create better nutrient uptake, and use a catalyst to feed bio life. So is it still not organic?

I really appreciate the constructive criticism and would like to learn more about TLO from you and the other members here at IC. I am simply using what I have left from my last 2 grows then i will be getting soil and the amendments to make a TLO run as well.

Thanks,
-DG-

That's fair enough, I meant no disrespect. But if its a battle vs bottled organic nutrients and bottled chem nutrients, properly applied chem nutrient will win out. On the other hand if it were TLO vs chem nutrients TLO can match or beat the best chem grow. Controversial I know but its the truth according to c21 lol. A couple thoughts about your biological amendments, you don't need them... Oh wait that was one thought. In TLO all the things you mentioned should be provided by compost or vermicompost. Build your soil, don't deplete your wallet. Tangent over.

D

DGSIX

No disrespect taken at all, like I said previously, I really appreciate constructive criticism, and have been asking for comments/tips. Can't wait to try a TLO run later this year.

D

DGSIX

Organic Vs. Chem wk3 (Flowering wk1)

Organic Vs. Chem wk3 (Flowering wk1)

Hey everyone! Update #3

Day 1/WK1 of Flowering :jump:
Resin Seeds Bubblicious (Front)
Royal Queen Seeds Blue Mystic (Back)
Organic (left) Chem (right)

Organic

Here's what I'm using for organics and flowering according to the Roots Schedule and additives I wanted to use.

790PPM
10ml Roots Buddha Grow
15ml Roots Buddha Bloom
10ml Roots Trinity
15ml Roots Extreme Serene
20ml Roots HP2
10ml Roots HPK
2.5ml General Organics CaMg+
2.5ml Advanced Floriculture Bloom Roots
2.5ml Hygrozyme

CHEM

Still using the same line up.
Tansition week on the Flora Duo Simple Schedule.

650ppm ph 5.5
5ml General Hydro FloraDuo A
5ml General Hydro FloraDuo B
10ml General Hydro FloraBlend
2.5ml Advanced Floriculture Bloom Roots
1ml General Hydro Floralicious Plus
2.5ml General Organics CaMg+
2.5ml Hygrozyme

Pretty happy with my results from both lines so far. This has been a fun journal/side by side. Thanks for the comments and reps. Keep em coming!

:wave:DG :wave:

LilMan72003

Props to you DGSIX! Your plants look healthy so far, regardless of the nutrient regimen. Looking forward to watching the progression, but even moreso, hearing your opinion on difference in smoke.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
But if its a battle vs bottled organic nutrients and bottled chem nutrients, properly applied chem nutrient will win out. On the other hand if it were TLO vs chem nutrients TLO can match or beat the best chem grow. Controversial I know but its the truth according to c21 lol. A couple thoughts about your biological amendments, you don't need them... Oh wait that was one thought. In TLO all the things you mentioned should be provided by compost or vermicompost. Build your soil, don't deplete your wallet.

100% agreed.:blowbubbles:

Off topic,kinda, sorry.
I just had to agree!

D

DGSIX

Were you able to tell the difference in the growing phase of the side by side? If so what did you notice?

I feel like the Organic side grew faster and was a little heartier at first, but this last few days the FloraDuo has been kicking ass. Hearty, happy plants all around with nice node spacing.

Montana

There's a common term I use for growers who buy organic bottled ferts and claim/think are growing organic herb........Sucka!

D

DGSIX

There's a common term I use for growers who buy organic bottled ferts and claim/think are growing organic herb........Sucka!

Hahahahahaha. That's awesome. Just seeing if they're worth the bottle they're in and if not, showing the community on here why or why not from my perspective.

moonwalkr1

I'm glad you're using organic nutes in a bottle, I have been interested in them for a little while now.

Thank you for sharing and showing.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there will always be people who want the side by side to be different - but this is what it is.
there are many different ways to do organic just like everything else, you cant test them all in a simple side by side.
i would urge anyone wanting a particular type of test to go ahead and arrange a side by side of their own rather than criticizing someone else's comparison or derailing the thread with talk of methods that arent being tested here.

VG

I to would have to agree with this post as well. I'm personally a Botanicare Whore. From what I understand it is all organic except Cal-Mag but then again if you spend the 10,000 you can damn near get anything listed as organic so go figure.

I will say tho as far as using bottle nutes saying they are Organic my gallery is full of results and I have used the same formula since the day is was passed onto me by Texas Kid many years ago.

For those of you who think you could do any better on this test I say put up or shut up and please let the OP do his test in peace.

Opening discussions are always welcome but flaming and disrespect never will be.

Thank You
Mr.Wags

D

DGSIX

Organic Vs. Chem Bottle Nute flower wk2

Organic Vs. Chem Bottle Nute flower wk2

Hey folks! :wave:

Here we are at the first day of bloom week 2 and everything is looking good to go!

Dug out the DSLR for these, hope you enjoy the eye candy.

Look at the flowers forming on the tops! :jump:

Bubblicious (front) Blue Mystic (back)

Organic (left) Chem (right)

DSC_0001.jpg DSC_0002.jpg

Resin Seeds Bubblicious

DSC_0003bub.jpg DSC_0006bub.jpg

Royal Queen Seeds Blue Mystic

DSC_0011blu.jpg DSC_0013blu.jpg

Organics

10ml Roots Buddha Grow
15ml Roots Buddha Bloom
5ml Roots Extreme Serene
15ml Roots Trinity
10ml Roots HP2
2.5ml Bloom Roots
2.5ml Hygrozyme
1ml General Organics CaMg+

Chem

2.5ml GH FloraDuo A
5ml GH FloraDuo B
5ml GH FloraBlend
2.5ml Bloom Roots
1ml GH Floralicious Plus
2.5ml Liquid KoolBloom
2.5ml Hygrozyme
1ml GO CaMg+

So far I see very little difference in growth rates, hardiness, nodal space, etc. The plants are looking happy and healthy. Kyle Kushman stem cracks all around.

You be the judge so far I guess. It's really going to come down the the last few weeks of flower and the smoke report. I'll just keep taking notes and making posts.

So long for now! :wave:

-DGSIX-

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think to be fair you should try organic home made soil mix vs. Deep water culture hydroponics with chems. Then flush both for 10 days. you have to change the hydro water everyday though and range the ph from 5.7- 6.2.

That is the best way to compare chems to organic because in soil you will never flush out all the chems, where as in hydro you can flush them out much better with things like clearex.

D

DGSIX

Hey HashZeppelin, I appreciate the suggestion, but I ask, Have you ever used chem's in soil/coco? Not trying to sound arrogant at all, just totally curious. I sampled some grown the same way with the same floraduo schedule and flushed for 2 weeks w/ clearex and it was candy. I'm following a friends tried and true method, and have yet to see anything but happy plants.

Also, to suggest I go out and purchase or build a dwc system and use it in the room I DO NOT have for said system with the money I DO NOT have to do so just to share some pictures and info with the forum is not constructive criticism nor does it really bennefit anyone in here reading this... Though like I said, I appreciate the suggestion.

I'm just trying to give back to a community I appreciate and/or show people who are honestly curious about the products and or situation I am growing in what can become of it. This experiment has also been approved by the side by side mod.

To be fair, after I finish this crop I'm going to either try a TLO soil run or a Veganic soil run,and have been also looking into ebb and flow systems for my tents, so I'm not reluctant to try new things, just working with what I have for the time being.

Grow big,
DGSIX

R

Raw_Dog

Let me put this BioBizz feed OG up against anything you have... SUCKA.

Dkgrower

Veteran
You be the judge so far I guess. It's really going to come down the the last few weeks of flower and the smoke report. I'll just keep taking notes and making posts.

So long for now! :wave:

-DGSIX-

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

Cool i will tag along with ride :wave:

Many that start to grow and want an biological fertilizer, start with some kind off Omri certified product and will propery move on to other nutrient adventures and maby making his own fertiliser, soil mix, growing is a learning curve with many roads.

Latest posts

Latest posts