What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mega 120k watt warehouse grow

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
EDIT
full disclosure, this place is gone and by most forgotten, its was a time, its over now, i started telling the tale to keep the dream alive, but to be honest its just to share and document a thing that happend, its like in pineapple express.... place done blown up, so to speak. i will talk later about its downfall, but its a happy story, the paper work all was were it needed to be, and things moved along nicely for a time, but ya, its over,
sorry for the present tense:) enjoy!
EDIT

So this is my first thread and it will b a work in progress, im gonna show yall how we do.
basically this warehouse is mega, ill b posting sets of pics as often as i can, hoping to spread the works and show off a lil bit, hope you enjoy!!!

picture.php

picture.php

this pic gives an idea of how large the "tents" are, about 35 to 40 lights each, in three rows usually all together, about 7 to 9 plants 18 to 25 inches tall at the time of flip to 12.12

picture.php

transplanting is an everyday thing, plants go from clone in 1inch rockwool cube into these 1gal containers, then veg for a week or 2 then transplant into 3 or 5 gal containers depending on the strain and growing time. we grow primarily in promix hp plus perlite, but switch from time to time to coco (NF bricks).
picture.php

picture.php

This is a corner of the veg area for younger plants in 1gal pots,
lights are kept high for a few days until plants are "hardened off" then lights are lowered to about 18 to 24 inches above the plants. vegging is done primarily with 1k watt lites, but there are a few 6oos in the mix. also i got a deal on these hortilux super blue bulbs and use them for vegging.... I LOVE THESE LIGHT BULBS, but the are cost prohibitive, i think the deal i got was a mistake on the part of my local growstore (god bless the mistakes in my favor, because) i don think id ever pay what they want for these bulbs, but they are so sick like a 4oow MH in a 1000watt bulb with a 6oow hps, crazy......

picture.php
picture.php

This is an older pic from veg when we were using 6inch rockwool cubes, some nice plants here, wish my pics were better, sorry they arent' but it thin they get the idea across :):):) we use t5s primarily over moms and infirmary style for plants that don belong w the healthy 1s.:bump: ha , they get bumped to t5 land.... and sometimes disappear to personal grow land... only the best for the tents.

ok ok ok
some nug pics, just a tease tho....
picture.php

this is "tent 1" it's 3 rows of lights separated by 2 coridors, very little light overlap, kinda poorly designed to be honest, as temps rose steadily in this tent, i got frustrated and cut a hole at each end and stuck fans in the holes creating a super gust from end to end, pulling cool air in one end and pulling hot air out the other end. if i could get in them mind of the mofo who built these tents, i would change the 6inch light ducting to 8inch, that would make a big diference
these plants are roughly in week 2

picture.php

Heres another pic of tent 1.... one row of lights on the right are out.... these look early week 3 to me, not entirely sure, but ill show u more later, any questions just shoot them to me, im here to share and learn and skrew around a lil bit too.

like i said this is my first thread so any rep. bump is appreciated and ill b adding 2 this more n more hope it gets some attention (is that wrong of me?) HA

Last edited:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:yoinks: Damn that's a beautiful sight
Thanks for sharing your mega grow :D

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pics from the farm.... of buds

pics from the farm.... of buds

picture.php

poor poor focus sorry guys, but this is a tasty blue dream nug, about week 6 im geussing, as u see the sativa qualities are a lil hard to satisfy, leaf tips curl down from over watering and over nutrients, but the pots dry up and u must give water rite? and its alot of work to mix just for the blue dreams, and they produce fine and taste.... so fine
we cut almost everything at 9 or 8 weeks, but i truly believe the blu dream needs to go ten at leaset.... its a sativa
picture.php
picture.php

better focus, this is more blu dream its a tasty one, not too stretchy our cut is from the bay area its the real deal blu dream i love it

picture.php

blu dream w the lights on growing about week 4 or 5 im guessing on this one about seven plants per light because they tend to b a lil more stretchy, we yeilded over one and a half pounds per light, this is a row of twelve lights in a single line about three feet apart w six inch ducting
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=33998&pictureid=795724
picture.php

another shot of the blu dream row about week four ish
picture.php
a nice corner shot of the room, most of those plants visible are.... u guessed it, blu dream,
since its a high yeilder and popular flav we run it often and its a yummy delight to grow and smoke,
so long as temps stay moderate and soil is allowed to stay moist so not having to be watered every day, the leaf undercurl is avoided plants look nicer without it, don't they?
watch out for those stakes....

picture.php

some real chunky durban poison nugs about week six, this is another strain i would like to see go to ten weeks, although not my personal fav it is a crowd pleaser. also durban is a great yeilder imo

picture.php

some tasty lookn plants, prolly bubba kush or ISS, i know thats hard to confuse, but they are the 2 most likely to run out that purple at the end of flowering... pretty aint they?
its times like this i wish i had a decent camera oh well, i suppose these convey the idea

picture.php
'

purple ISS nugs
these plants sat in the coolest spot at the fan side of the end of the tent and they really got a skeet skeet skeet of icey ac air the entire flowering time, plus in tent 2 where they live fewer lites run so temps stay moderate, but the ac still rages on as it should
our iss cut is nothing to write home about, it smells nice grows ok n yeilds ok but it don't smoke that iss sweet island skunky iss flavor, it smells it but don't smoke it fully flavors don come thru
good thing there is plenty to choose from

side note
RARE DANKNESS seeds win cannabis cup.... wtf, i love it, i bought a ton of these seeds earlier this year so glad to see usa peeps representing in amsterdam, cuz the medical cups here are awesome don get me wrong but amsterdam does it right.... even tho the busts this year are a downer, i still would give a nut to go one year during the cup

picture.php

tasty yummies
really yummy
n tasty:):canabis::canabis::canabis:

ok last pic my fav strain of all that im holdn right now, and i know these plants dont look so happy but its flush time and i like to let them dry fully between flush waterings
may i present to you
Bubba Kush
picture.php

another side note
im starting my first breeding project, have chosen blackwater from cali connect seeds as the father to my chem4 from caliconnect and the bubba from california dispensary as clone that we grow at the mega warehouse.
so i did that cross have 2 sets of seeds the chem4 by black water and the buba by blackwater, and i have no more chem 4 moms but stilhave a bubba mom or 2 of course.
and i have kept clones of the original blackwater father,
i am right now preparing to start the chem4blackwater seeds and polinate w blackwater pollen
any ideas??? suggestions?
ive been reading some threads about seed popping, because i dont have many and these are kinda important, altho i consider the bubbakush blackwater cross more vital, its good to start w the other set i believe
:groupwave::woohoo::smokeit::monkeyeat:smoweed::greenstars::smoke::groupwave:

tillnext update,
i may show off some of the smaller grows i do as well in this strain, just cuz its easier to manage, is that allowed here, im guessing so.

lemme kno what yall think

the sun is seriously fixn to come up on me....
dang u sun

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
u r the first to say that big dog, but wont be the last
its the camera on my cell phone,
the only thing i keep on me when im working, so it's just a convenience thing, i shoot a pic email it to myself and its done, thats that
really i do apologize for showing such grandeur thru such squalor
does that make sense?
dang u sun....
ya its like pearls before swine to use such a shite camera on such a huge op.... but that's what im left w... my celly camera

BigDawg

i respect the work that goes into all this.

what's your goal with the blackwater? I believe it would only add flavor and maybe some color to your projects.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks 4 the respect BD, it certainly is a ton of work keepn up w a place like this mega, my lady manages the schedule so all i have to worry about is the plants n gettn enough sleep

goal?
make a tasty new treat, kush on kush , i dunno, flavor and color, bag appeal and puffn pleasure, those all sound like good goals
when blackwater first hit there was alot of hype around it, but i think it kinda went no place, maybe it was inferiour maybe it got swallowed up by the ever expanding market of breeders and seeds, but i jst thought that a purple or black OG variety couldn't be a bad breeding stock, to cross back into these two tasty kush mamas

any suggetionson a diff. father for the next cross? im all for ideas, or maybe some other female strain that would go good w the blackwater
i m gettn off topic
dang u sun, im gon sleep now
thanks for the interest,
IC mag keeps gettn better 4me

R

ran outta love

Amazing. You are a True Canna-Warrior!

What kind of workload is involved in an operation like this? How many man-hours per day?

How do you handle scheduling? Probably need to plan a lot of things quite far ahead? Or is it that with a big grow like this you just have a well-thought routine that you do every day?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice grow man love seeing the mega warehouses...

can you post a strain list?

also just a few notes...

some Cali Connect strains have been known to have instability and auto flower traits....i dontknow the make up of the blackwater but if it had the SFV dad that swerve was using it might not be the best for breeding. even though a friend use a CC ****** fire OG for a dad and it made some good crosses...just a heads up. a good of kush dad is one of the hardest things to find....

also....be careful with the cell phone pics. you cell phone might have geotagging embedded which would give away the position of your warehouse grow. get a nice camera man you got a quarter million dollar warehouse grow spend 200 bucks on a nice digi cam to show off that work!

good luck man...keep us posted..

Space Case

Veteran
Yea, looks good, but a grow that big...I would do the following:

a) invest in a better quality camera

b) not post room shots, only bud shots and plant shots (security)

c) use some kind of trays, 4x8 or otherwise, to help frame out your lit areas and to somewhat automate your drainage

Just sayin'.....

Nader

Veteran
I love what I see. You've clearly flourished, delving so deeply in your passion. Keep it up :)