What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help, Bubble hash from evryday products?

The Budfather

hey, I remember over on OG there was a bubble hash extraction method i need a step by step sort of thing for creating my bubble from just everyday ordinary things im not talking large amounts of trim just about 2 ounces of some trim from my first grow can some one help me with this?

G

isnt bubble hash made with ice water and filter bags? like bubblemans bubblebags?

G

:chin:
Are refering to ISO hash maybe?or BHO? Those are the only household things used in hashmaking .But on a related note,once on here or OG, I forgot, I saw a thread asking about making hash with axe body spray. :pointlaug

G

I think he's referring to using everyday products to filter the hash? Like in place of a bubble bag. I have no idea what would work best, but I imagine that certain silk screens would.

G

this is some stuff i made using a 80u fine mesh coffee filter and then one of those large fabric coffee filters you get out of those large commercial coffee machines, its ok i spose but since getting bags i know the difference ;)

G

there's lots of ways to make ice hash from household items .....but bubblebags will give you several grades of cleaner, purer hash as opposed to one lump of contaminated ice hash you get with most ghetto methods.

here's a very simple ice hash method

basically, it's all about agitating of ice, water and ganja which breaks the brittle frozen trics off the plant and they sink .......

shake lots of ice, some water and dry resin coated bud & leaf in the screw top plastic container (glass might break) for several minutes then pour this mixture through a insect mesh or kitchen strainer/seive, then pour cold water in the container and filter this water too.....set this resin laden water in, ideally, a glass bowl in the fridge for an hour or so....the fine plant material will float on the surface and the heavier resin heads will sink and form a sediment on the bottom of the bowl..

if you shake the material for too long or too roughly then the sediment may contain lots of green plant matter.....

don't disturb the bowl or you will stir up the goodness on the bottom,,,carefully scoop out the floating stuff and syphon the liquid until you are about inch from the sediment so you don't stir it up....then pour this liquid through a segment of fine cotton sheets, a paper coffee filter or several tissues folded over to catch the trics while the water passes through...scrape off the "mud" and spread it on cardboard and place on a warm surface until dry..don't bump that cardboard!...that's ice hash!

...(then repeat the whole process with lots more ice to reap another 20 ~ 40% ice hash, this second run hash will be slightly less purer as more green matter is broken up and ends up mixed in with the "mud")

if you want to get more technical - try this method.....note that trichomes or resin heads range in size from 30 ~ 120 micron..with most being in the 40 ~ 100 micron size range... after stirring the ice/water/ganja you can filter the bulk of the plant matter from the resin laden water with a kitchen strainer or seive ..the finer the better

then by filtering the liquid through another mesh that is finer than the kitchen strainer but has holes large enough so the larger trics can pass through - this extra stage will improve purity of the end result...I use a square foot of "120 mesh" which is approx 135 ~ 140 micron in size......then let it sit for an hour, syphon and filter through paper a coffee filter or an fine cotton hanky...........

Happy ice hashin'