What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PK's Build a Long 16K, come on in!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sup IC!

Tomorrow I break ground on my new setup I have been planning for quite a while now, and I thought you all might enjoy watching it go from nothing to something. This project is really setting me back and about to kick my ass all over the place for the next 4-6 weeks but when the nugs start pumping out it will be all worth it.

The space I am using is a 60 x 30 pole barn and I will be building out a 35 x 30 facility. Inside the 35 x 30 will be:

20L x 16W x 9H Flower Room

20L x 12W x 9H Veg Room

15L x 30W x 9H Work Room

The work room will serve many purpose. First, it will be the lung room. This is where I will house:

-5.0 Ton Excel XL with heater, top plenum, condensate pump, and later ozone

-Santa Fe XT Dehumidifier

-1000 gallon Black Agriculture Water Storage Tank (7.5ft tall and 5'9" diameter) hooked up to a 6 stage double ionized RO filter, Ecoplus commerical air pump, and a 700GPH water pump for circulation and waterings. Another 200 gallons of storage will be available for mixing nutes in.

Also in the work area besides obvious things like pots, soil, bamboos, tools, and nutrients will be:

-Soil Storage (somehow vertical still trying to figure that one out, mixed organic soil)

-Two 5 x 5 rooms each with 1K HPS on a Flip Flop used for seedlings, headstash, and most of all breeding projects.

-A Clone lab tent equipeed with T5's for harvesting male pollen, AKA the chamber of love.

-Ballast Bank with a custom power board with a PLC, sequential startup, four 40ft sensors with all avaialble protection circuits built by Dx.

The Flower Room will consist of:

-10K HPS in Yield Master II hoods, no glass no aircooling.
-Three 18" wall fans
-Excel AC ducting
-Large inline return fan to lung room
-Raised flooring with drain
-pond liner floor glued down

The Veg Room:

-4K MH, each on mover
-Three 18" wall fans
-Excel AC Ducting
-Large inline fan to return to lung room.
-Raised flooring with drain
-pond liner floor glued down
-Shelf system for moms and clones IE: t5's mounted to bottom of first shelf, bonsai 7 gallon pot moms, second shelf normal flouro with ezcloner 60

That is the jist of it. Of course awesome security features like motion lights, steel doors and frames, titanium kick plates, and I own and already use a 8 channel video system with motion detection that I can view on my phone, computer, or the systems monitor itsself. It takes 2.5 seconds for me to be alerted to motion as small as a fly if I set it to that sensitivity. Also it has infared night vision and works very well. All paper work hung neatly with contact numbers and registration numbers, this is a legal medical operation.

I plan to run 32 10 gallon sour bubbles the first round, which are already in veg and scheduled to have 7-8 weeks total veg time to meet my finish date goal. Most likely I will continue to mono crop between sour bubble and pre 95 sensi star since they are both so much fun to grow and perfect plants for indoor trees.

Other moms I will run will be grape bogglegum, purple urkle, and sour strawberry kush. These as of right now and in addition to sour bubble and sensi star are my production crops. For head stash I have ECSD and Arcata trainwreck. Currently I am working on my East Coast Sour Bubble cross, and intend to start some sensi star seeds ASAP to begin a back cross to the 95 sensi star. As far as breeding fun I could go on forever!

This will be perpetual as you can be, just enough time to harvest and clean the room before the next set slides in which I antcipate being sensi star.

My goal while running this for at least the next three years is to have one or two stable and marketable seedlines out and the experience to boot. I would love to one day long down the road cut production and concentrate on breeding.

Water and propane (500 gallon propane tank for co2 burner) will be getting ran to the barn in the next couple days. The barn already has 100amp service and its own main/meter. I will be upgrading to 200 amps.

I will get some pictures up tomorrow of the freshly gutted space. Tomorrow I order a SHIT ton of lumber, like 170 sheets of 4 x 8 OSB...... 100 2 x 4's....the list gets nuts. I have a toy shopping list that makes me smile and need 800 gallons of soil mixed up to get this going!

I am excited so thanks for listening if you read all this, lots of pictures to come I promise as this goes down!

Here is to not having a life until Febuary! Cheers IC!

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
PK this is going to be fun to watch. Grabbing a seat.

Are you going to glue the pond liner to wood? A subfloor of sorts?

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
envy doest even describe it. fucking awesome bro. keep it green(i know you will!)

aod

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greenlabel- Thanks for stopping in, and thank you.

GDK- thanks for coming by as well and will do! Always!

Inreplyavalon- Thanks for taking a seat. Yes I am going to glue the pond liner down to 3/4 tounge and grove flooring, as a sub floor. If I ever get a slice or snag in the liner I can patch it with pondliner and more glue. I have pond liner flooring in a few of my rooms now and I hate vaccuming them because it just sucks the shit up.

evlme2- Don't envy bro just make a plan and stick to it. I have been searching for a location to do this for almost two years and finally landed it. It is taking lots of logistics and money juggling to make it happen but it isn't by accident I am here.

AOD2012- I will keep it green, purple, red, whatever colors they want to be! Thanks for coming by.

Alright IC my camera is charged and I am heading out in a bit to snap some shots. Wood was delivered today, a shit ton. Luckily I have a friend who can slam this thing up for me. I HATE framing and shit, you need your computer fixed, car audio installed, or grow advice I am your man. Anything nerdy is my MO, I would like to be more of a handy type guy but it is just not my nature. I am a great goon though, I can haus shit around all day.

I ordered a shitton of wood, 210 4x8 sheets of 5/8" OSB was the largest part of the bill. The light controller has been ordered and I expect it in the next couple weeks. I will get some pictures of the unit it is custom and sweet as hell. It will control all three rooms, even have the flip flop room running on it. All the fancy protection circuits, (high temp shutoff, sequential startup, power failure protection) and the whole show will be ran via PLC so the board is reprogrammable at any time. It has 4 40ft heat sensors so the whole place will be closely monitored for issues.

I ended up going with the 500gallon water storage tank to save some money on the budget but it is enroute.

Water line estimates are coming in, going to be higher then I expected but damn I got to have some water. Almost 3 grand it sounds like to have them trench 200+ feet from the well. Luckily I saved some money on building supplies via home depot 12 months no interest shit. I love spending their money.

Framing starts on Monday and hoping to have water in by the end of the week.

Fixing some leaks in the roof to before I get to far, rained good last few days and she needs some tar here and there on the roof.

I talked to the guys over at Excel and they suggested rather then running the whole show on a 5 ton that I buy a 4.0ton for flower and a 2.0 for veg/work area. It is that or spend an addtional 3500 on multi zone controllers, might as well grab the second unit. Was not expecting that, I still may try my idea on one unit and moving the air around with huge 1200+cfm max fans. We shall see as I get deeper into the budget.

This shit is overwhelming and I will feel SO much better when it is over and I am 100% operational here at my new place. It sucks having to drive to my other two places to keep shit on the up and up. Consolidation is the goal, get it all in one spot where I can walk out in my skippys and start farming.

Last edited:
can't wait pk, your plan sounds awesome, you're really pulling out all the stops. i'm pulling up a chair on this one fore sure.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The space getting emptied and cleaned and ready for lumber delivery:

picture.php

picture.php

Think I might need higher ceilings for my OVS? (Over Veg Syndrom)

picture.php

Oh yeah it came with a pool :) The liner will be up in loft soon.

picture.php

Looking up at the loft and what will be my main entrance into the grow area. The stairs will be moved to the other side of the wall into my toy shop.

picture.php

Looking down form the loft:

picture.php

picture.php

More interesting shots to come.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vanilla moon- Thanks! Yes I am :) I am an all in kind of guy, space was my limiting factor before so here we go!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Friend- thanks and me neither.

Got Wood?

picture.php

picture.php

Another huge pile outside of stuff 16ft and over. The ceiling will all be built out of 2 x 10's, I will be able to walk across the ceiling incase I need to make any changes or installations easier.

Worst case scenario??? If the girlfriend kicks me out I have a 1050 square feet to live in with a 22 x 30 shop and a loft for partys!

Have fun with that build don't let all the technicalities stress you, it will be perfected with time. I'd go with the two ac units, one may fuck up or freeze. Also if you're looking for some extra fun and have some extra cash, some UC 13 gallon buckets at $40 each w/ 3" unis would greatly enhance your growing experience. jealous of that sensi star I've heard great things about her!

mack 10

Veteran
Holy Cow, Pk rocking the wharehouse/barn type thing:) i can already imagine the dank that's gonna be in there. 200 amp service:)very nice. hope they did you a deal on all that wood,dam must be 5G plus ?Anyway keep it green bro,double thumbs up from me.i'll def be watchin'. mack.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cannascholar- I will try not to stress lol, but I always am anyways. Just my nature, everything can be butterflys and pixy dust aorund me but I am worried. Think I got that from my Grandpa, he had a worry stone that never left his hand. As far as the AC's go two does sound better then one. These units have worked 100% down to -37F in British Columbia, the lowest I have heard of yet. I do have two trust worthy friendly HVAC guys if shit hits the fan.

One major worry I aim to curtail is purchasing a 20K propane ran generator wired into my panel. After the first crop I plan on aquiring one. My orginal plan for this setup was flip/flop 8K UC 13's. My favorite way to grow is RDWC and I understand the fun that could be had. With going from currently two soil flower rooms and one RDWC room, (4k soil/4K RDWC) I feel I spread my risk out. The add water soil mix I use is a given, shit will produce unless you have the ultimate black thumb of death. I have watched 10 noobs use it with great success right out the gate hitting production numbers. I may end up switching back to hydro some day or maybe 50/50 but for now I can't afford the extra risk.

Still getting aquainted with the Sensi Star. What I can say is she is the sleepiest thing I have run and can't really think of a specific strain that induced sleep I have sampled.

Mack10- Whats up man? How is everything on that side of the pond? 200 amps you know it! Time to plug some shit in! The wood was almost 3K, I thought it was going to be alot more I was happy when I got that quote. I still need doors, insulation, wiring, paint, weather seals, and flooring but I got a good start on supplies. Mack you know I am going to rock this beast out and pull down the monsters! Thanks for saying hi man, more fun to come :)

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Sweet I love building. Can use just about any scrape piece of wood for something, but it took me month's just to find the search button here. I will enjoy watching your build.