What's new

Alligator grabbed 
in marijuana bust

M

MacGyver420

this story cracks me up because who in their right mind would fuck with someone who has a guard alligator as a pet!!

im wondering if you could train the alligator to do tricks and stuff lol!

Alligator grabbed 
in marijuana bust
http://www.nwherald.com/2011/10/14/alligator-grabbed-in-marijuana-bust/ay5ih5z/?page=1

thumbnail-big-hnews_sat1015_gator_pot.jpg

CARY – A 5-foot-long alligator has been taken into custody without incident.
While serving a search warrant for a home at 7203 Owl Way near Cary, investigators with the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office found the gator, a female named Snowflake, in a bathtub.
“They kept [her] locked in the bathroom until Animal Control got there,” Undersheriff Andrew Zinke said. “My understanding is [Snowflake] roams the house when the owner is home and [is put] in the tub when he leaves.”
Police said they also found a marijuana growing operation, including 16 marijuana plants, about 100 grams of processed marijuana, grow lights, ballasts, growing chemicals, and other drug paraphernalia. The estimated value of the drugs is more than $2,100.
The alligator’s owner, Nicholas R. Cosmano, 26, was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, unlawful possession of marijuana, unlawful manufacturing of marijuana plants, and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
He was not home when the search warrant was issued, but turned himself in Thursday, Zinke said.
There were no criminal charges related to having the clandestine gator, but it was definitely illegal, McHenry County Animal Control spokeswoman Debra Quackenbush said.
“It had been with him for about six years,” she said. “He purchased it as a hatchling. I wouldn’t go so far as to call it a pet because it’s not legal to have an alligator.”
Cosmano was issued a $200 fine.
“I don’t think people realize there’s an ordinance against exotic animals being owned by private citizens in their homes,” she said.
Snowflake was taken to Animal Control and placed into a stationary cage, but a call was placed to the Chicago Herpetological Society, and a representative immediately came to get her, Quackenbush said.
A veterinarian said that the alligator was acting “sluggish” because her body temperature began to drop, but otherwise she was OK.
It’s not the first time that Animal Control has handled an alligator, and it probably won’t be the last, Quackenbush said.
“I know there have been others,” she said. “I’m pretty sure we’ve had rather large snakes, like boa constrictors, and obviously a lot of farm animals.”
Domestic animals really are Animal Control’s specialty, but they do have resources to reach out to groups such as the Chicago Herpetological Society, Quackenbush said.
Zinke also recalled a home in an unincorporated area near McHenry, where a man had nearly 1,000 snakes, from babies to those 8 feet long.
“This day and age, I don’t think many things surprise us anymore,” he said. “But a gator in the house is definitely something that gets your attention.”
Cosmano’s next scheduled court date is Nov. 9.

Copyright © 2011 Northwest Herald. All rights reserved.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
this gator was the real grower of the herb, not the guy; as it turns out, he is a direct descendant of the original dinosaurs who bred the hybrid of paki x afganistan x mexican.

the story gets deeper...

L

longearedfriend

is it a new story ?

it's not the first time this happens

drug dealers love exotic animals
this one might be more for guarding though

Last edited:

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
That's the kind of pet you don't want to accidentally piss on when you get up bleary eyed in the middle of the night