What's new

Best method to fill vial's

KanadianKronik

This may be a stupid question and may have already be talked about, but i can't find any where a post or thread to help out with this question. Im interested on how most people get the oil into the vials. I made some honey oil and it took forever just to fill 1 3 gram vial. i tried sitting the vial on a plate with hot water, i tried sitting the pyrex dish in hot water, and i tried heating up the razer blade. i even tried to suck the oil up with a seringe but i didnt have enough. just cerious if there are some tricks out there and what they are, Im sure there are lots of other people on here that would love to hear some ideas. thanks - kk

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I fill the viles when its still in a soft form. When this viles a filled I finish the purge by heating the viles stiring until no more snap crackle pop. It took me a day to fill these 3. Be very carfull with the heat. If it gets to hot you can shatter the vile.

picture.php

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use a syringe for vials and do it hot.

It sounds and looks more like filling a vial with an oil / solvent solution is what we're after here? Liquid? Syringes? Strange.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Before it is completely purged it will stay soft this makes it much easier to fill them. The heat the viles to complete the purge. That's How I did it. After I finish the purge the oil never gets hard it will stay in a very thick stick form. If the vile was inverted it would take a hr for the oil to start sliding out of the vile. I use a glass nail to dap and vap.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats a good Idea is the syrige glass? I have some plastic ones

I use glass ones because the rubber piston sticks in the plastic ones and comes off when you try to withdraw the piston. The glass ones are just ground to a close fit and there is nothing to come off.

Last edited:

KanadianKronik

yeah i attempted to use a plastic one, only problem i had was i only did a small batch just to try it out, so i ddint have enough to use the syringe. doing it with glass shards... how long does it take the oil to thicken up untill its hard like glass... almost sounds like some breaking bad stuff, lol. around my area you almost can find any oil, all the older guys say thats all they ever really used to have because it was so much easier to carry a 5er on you then a O... and you could put it on your smoke and smoke it anywhere.. i am kinda thinking it stopped being big, because people dont like takeing a day to work with sticky honey oil. im thinking next year im going to put about 20 plants out just for oil.. not sure tho. -kk

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I forgot to mention that I also use a heavy gauge needle that I have cut the end off of, so that it is just a straight tube to aid in filling the syringe without getting it all messy on the discharge end.

The one I use actually came in my Turkey marinant injection kit, but has the same Lehr fitting.

KanadianKronik

just wanted to add somthing, was talking to a friend today and he was saying somthing about using a glass funnel to fill your vial's, he was saying put the oil in the funnel then heat the funnel up with a lighter and the oil with flow down threw it. i dont know where to find glass funnels or anything but i just wanted to add that for anyone who veiws this thread to try and get ideas of how to do. information is gold!
unrelated subject, how much does a gram of honey oil go for around your guys area?
-kk

mad librettist

Veteran
just wanted to add somthing, was talking to a friend today and he was saying somthing about using a glass funnel to fill your vial's, he was saying put the oil in the funnel then heat the funnel up with a lighter and the oil with flow down threw it. i dont know where to find glass funnels or anything but i just wanted to add that for anyone who veiws this thread to try and get ideas of how to do. information is gold!
unrelated subject, how much does a gram of honey oil go for around your guys area?
-kk

wow that reminds me of the story of the millions of dollars spent by NASA to develop a pen that writes in space.

the soviets used pencils.

KanadianKronik

^ not sure what that is supposed to mean, but like i said knowledge is gold. atleast when i am told something i listen, know know when it will help...

first site i click on google after typing in glass funnel:
http://secure.sciencecompany.com/Glass-Funnels-C651.aspx $2.50 for the smallest one that is probably what someone filling a vial would need.

first site i click on on google after typing in glass syringe:
http://www.nttworldwide.com/syringe.htm $10.95 for the smallest one

second site on google :
http://www.coleparmer.ca/catalog/product_index.asp?cls=42917 $19.19

Third site on google :
http://www.tomopal.com/product/product_detail.aspx?pid=30 $14.60 if you buy a min of 6

i dont feel like going threw every site , and im sure there are cheaper ones on the net, im just taking examples of the first sites on google. so once again knowledge is gold, or well in this case, its an extra $8.49
-kk

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ not sure what that is supposed to mean, but like i said knowledge is gold. atleast when i am told something i listen, know know when it will help...

first site i click on google after typing in glass funnel:
http://secure.sciencecompany.com/Glass-Funnels-C651.aspx $2.50 for the smallest one that is probably what someone filling a vial would need.

first site i click on on google after typing in glass syringe:
http://www.nttworldwide.com/syringe.htm $10.95 for the smallest one

second site on google :
http://www.coleparmer.ca/catalog/product_index.asp?cls=42917 $19.19

Third site on google :
http://www.tomopal.com/product/product_detail.aspx?pid=30 $14.60 if you buy a min of 6

i dont feel like going threw every site , and im sure there are cheaper ones on the net, im just taking examples of the first sites on google. so once again knowledge is gold, or well in this case, its an extra $8.49
-kk

Good post! Thanks!

KanadianKronik

no prob gray wolf, just trying to get as much info into this tread for people that aren't 100% sure on ways to fill them as i know it can suck to try and do it without knowledge.
-kk

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they have glass syringes on EBAY for 99 cents. There used from USSR lol no needle.

I got this set for 20$ including ship with 6 needles

$(KGrHqEOKkUE4fNg-N7lBOOb6Tv(7!~~0_3.JPG

this is how I do it....

this is how I do it....

Hi everyone, I thought I would voice my opinion on this as I too was asking myself this question a while ago.

First I started with plastic syringes that I picked up from my pharmacy, they syringes that are used to give children their medicine.
They did work quite well once your earl is heated up, but I always ended up with more of a mess.

So I ended up trying several other methods that I also did not like.

Finally I got a very quick and simple tech down pretty quick. This tech sounds like it would be the more messy of the options out there but works very good for me, and thats saying alot!

I bought a 8"dia polished stainless steel "pie-like" pan. very smooth has the reflection almost like a mirror when it is new. I picked this up at the "kitchen store" at my local mall about $10....

...along with a very small white hard plastic spatchala. and a set of 6 small stainless measuring cups 1cup to 1/8cup.

I use the pie pan to purge the oil in, then while hot, spatchala the earl into the 1/4cup stainless measuring cup.

I then qwickly lick the bottom of the measuring cup a couple times with my butane vapor torch. The oil quickly becomes very fluid.
Then very carefully but quickly dribble the oil into your vial.
Usualy for me I get two vias done by the time I have to quickly let the torch lick the cup again.
Pouring oil into a vial with a 3/8" opening sounds tough, but my measure cup has a small pouring spout on it and i hold the cup about 1/2" from the vial.

have poured many vials without spilling a drop, one night I finally lost control of a drop and it fell onto the table. my friend was very unforgiving to finally see me drop some, I heard about it the rest of the night. lol

DONT fill your vials all the way, about halfway is what i like.
I did A bunch of them full to the top, and every one of them leaked oil out!
sorta built pressure, maybe that means I didnt do a good enough purge???

well thats all I got, hope it might help someone.
If anyone wants to see pics of the cookware just ask, I would be happy to snap a few.:)

Latest posts

Latest posts