Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Growroom Lighting > 250w HPS users....

Thread Title Search
Click for quality CMH grow lights at Ceramic Solutions!
250w HPS users.... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2006, 04:47 AM #1
Creeptic

Creeptic will become famous soon enough
250w HPS users....

I just got my 250 hps today and was wondering who else out there is using a 250?

a club of sorts?

pictures of your set ups and plants would be nice!
let us know what your yield was too!

how close is your light to your plant?

i know i cant be alone in the 250 world... so lets see em!

ps. this is my first grow... 4 Nirvana White Widows from seed in soil that were vegged for 5 weeks under 160w of flouro tubes... and a couple of smaller cfls for some side lighting...

when i hook up the 250 hps (tomorrow!) iim planning on going to 12/12... my plants range from 7 inches tall (short and BUSHY) to 14 inches tall (this is the big one of the bunch... she (wishful thinking) will not slow down... i also did some lst on one of the other taller plants just to basically see how LST works first hand... i think next grow i will train all of my plants, its so much easier to understand lst when you do it as opposed to seeing pictures of it... i was to chicken to try it on all of them this first grow....

enough babbling for now... ill hopefully have some pictures from myself for this thread soon... and i might do a grow journal

let the 250 games begin

Last edited by Creeptic; 02-16-2006 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: changing the title
Creeptic is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2006, 05:12 AM #2
TML16
Snow Grower ~OGA~

TML16 is just really niceTML16 is just really niceTML16 is just really niceTML16 is just really niceTML16 is just really niceTML16 is just really niceTML16 is just really niceTML16 is just really niceTML16 is just really niceTML16 is just really niceTML16 is just really nice
Hey congrats fellow 250 watter. I too use the 250W HPS for budding, I use a MH conv. for Veg.
You are definately not alone in the 250W world, as a matter of fact there was a 250W club back on OG.
9 Plants sounds like a little much under a 250W. I do 2.
LST would be your best interest, you wanna keep your plants short with a 250W to get better penetration. I made that mistake on my first grow, where I let the plants get too tall and not enough light was getting to the lower buds. LST is ideal with a 250W.

Heres a lil pic of my current 250W grow:

Good Luck Eh!
TML16 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:16 AM #3
groer

groer will become famous soon enoughgroer will become famous soon enoughgroer will become famous soon enough
I just upgraded from a 150 to a 250. See my thread here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20546

You want to keep it at least 5-6 inches from your plants (and at least a foot when they are little). You can still lst your plants for about 2 weeks while they are stretching for flowering, you want to keep the canopy fairly even.

groer is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:44 AM #4
bcell

I grew White Widows under a 270 watt and I had a tough time training them. They stretch like a bastard and I did a lot of tying.

I keep my lamp at about 8 inches. All my photos are gone with OG.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:02 AM #5
minds_I
The Emperor is not only naked but batshit crazy.

minds_I has a brilliant futureminds_I has a brilliant futureminds_I has a brilliant futureminds_I has a brilliant futureminds_I has a brilliant futureminds_I has a brilliant futureminds_I has a brilliant futureminds_I has a brilliant futureminds_I has a brilliant futureminds_I has a brilliant futureminds_I has a brilliant future
Hello, congrats and welcome.

I too have a 250w hps, I scrog and do no more then6 plants, although I think four is better.

minds_I

His contempt for objective truth is the rejection of democratic accountability, an implicit demand that his supporters place undying faith in him. Because the only measure of truth he accepts is what he claims at any given moment, the power his supporters vest in him is unlimited. Sound familiar?
If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures.
In the United States, under our Constitution, a free press is a check on politicians of all parties. If we are to demand that other countries respect the tradition of a free press we must also practice that here at home.
Let the people know the facts, and the country will be safe.
minds_I is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2006, 09:09 AM #6
Creeptic

well i guess this thread should be the 250w HPS club now! welcome to all...

thanks for the replies... i should have pics of my babies in a few days

bcell - how'd you like the WW? its what im growing now... how long did u veg and flower for?

Old 02-16-2006, 10:40 AM #7

I used a 250 for awhile. Biggest harvest was 4 oz. I air cooled it and put it about 10" from the tops. I kept the 12" - 20" tall with multiple tops. Any taller and the light is not intense enough to develope solid nugs.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:42 PM #8
bcell

The White Widow was good. I vegged to about 9-12" tall about 4 weeks from seeds. I flowered around 10 weeks. Potent, fairly up high. It can sneak up on you and boom you realize you are f***'d up. Taste was kind like cat piss - not the best.

I had better results with DP Oasis, Sweet Tooth #4, DP Skywalker. The Sweet Tooth had the best growth stucture for my small space, small lamp setup. Nice Pleasant, every day toking weed as well.

For the White Widow which are very lanky, a single trained female would have been best. With 4 WW, my space was an out of control jungle.

I always wanted to try Super Silver Haze or Jack Herer but I was hesitant after my WW experience. Seems like they are better for big lamp, big space growing.

I have some 2 week old Apollo 11 F2s and DSD X Blueberry going now. I usually grow out 3-4 females in my 2' x 2' space.

I am a weekend warrior when it comes to smoking. A single 3-4 OZ harvest once a year is enough for my needs. I will trade with fellow growers to get more of a variety.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:34 PM #9
Creeptic

bcell you and i have alot in common... just for my own personal smoking pleasure

my grow room is 2x2 as well and im growing 4 WW (its 4 for now, unless i see some males, then say bye bye boys)

I vegged for 5 weeks under 160w of flouros... smallest plant was 8", tallest was 14"... just made the switch to the HPS and to 12/12

Here is a pic of the closet right after the hps was hooked up.

now i have to hope for a couple of girls and hope i keep em healthy... all things considered i think im doing pretty well for a complete noob at this... only a couple of small blunders... slightly over ferted once... only affected 3 or 4 leaves and not badly... i knocked over one cup of a seedling at week 1 (oddly enough that is the biggest fastest growing plant now)... i dropped a tape measure on a plant while trying to measure the height... damaged a few leaves...

but other then my dumb mistakes i think im doing great! now comes the long 2 month eager wait for some smoke

oh the picture was alot more yellow due to the HPS, but i did some color adjusting to make it look more like the real color of the plants

so if i by chance get 2 females out of this, is 2 ounces total dry harvest a realistic possibility? That was basically my goal when i started this.. id honestly be happy with 1/2 an ounce... but you gotta set goals and i like setting them higher then expected

oh yeah i also plan on putting a couple of my flouros in there for side lighting once the plants are sexed and i have some more room to work with

right now the temps suprisingly look pretty good... hovering around 78 ... im still going to keep an eye on the temps

Old 02-17-2006, 12:23 AM #10
bcell

Looking great. Another thing about the WW is the stalks break very easy. You have to be very careful when tying down not to break a branch. I think I got a nice 3 oz. of WW with my setup and several nice chunks of bubble hash.

I will post my A11 F2s and DSD x Blue when things get a little more interesting. Still seedlings. I started with 6 seedlings - 3 of each. Hopefully I will get 3-4 females.