What's new

is this normal? Canna Bio Flores lowers water PH by ~2.0??

Max Headroom

Veteran
(i'm growing in soil)

i am trying out a new brand of ferts this time around and when i mixed half the recommended dose into the water (which is ~7.8 untreated) the canna bio flores lowered the ph to below 6.0!

i tried it again with a fresh bucket of water coz i thought i might have fucked something up, but the result was the same.

is this normal?
the other ferts i've used never lowered the ph this much. in fact this is my 5th grow and i NEVER had to use ph-up.
:confused::confused:

thanks for any help!

Max Headroom

Veteran
you shouldn't be using ph up/down when doing organics anyway as stated by biocanna

there is clearly something about fertilizers that i don't understand...

it says on the canna website:
Due to the presence of pH-buffering fruit acids in BioVega and BioFlores, the nutritional solution does not need to be acidified. Because the fruit acids serve as natural chelates, the nutrients can be absorbed across a wider pH range (up to pH 7)

i have already fed these plants with a different product (non organic) - i just assumed once the last of that was gone, i'd switch to the bioflores. is that a problem?
up to now, i have always adjusted the ph of the water(+nutrients) to 6.5-6.6. i can't just all of a sudden start watering them with water(+nutrients) that's 5.9 or lower, can i??

i really don't know what to do now with that bottle of bioflores...

more help appreciated!! :tiphat:

jorgeblen

IMO that wouldnt be a very good idea (switching from mineral to organic food).
I would finish this plants with the same nutrients u been using and would keep the bioflores for the next run.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have used Bio,PBP and some other Organic Nutrients they all needed the PH adjusted. I grow in a soiless medium with a range of 6.3-6.8. Every batch I mixed up had a low PH from where I grow at. I have had a few occasions where I mixed up a batch and the PH/PPM where good.

Max Headroom

Veteran
thanks for the help, guys!

well, it sounds like i won't be able to use the bottle of flores. too bad, was pretty expensive. i doubt it will be good until my next grow, which will be in 1-2 years at the earliest.

so switching between mineral and organic is no good? seems like this is the lesson i'll have to take from this grow.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why cant you use it??? There are Organic ways to raise the PH if thats a concern. Viniger will lower PH and sodium carbonate will raise it

thanks for the help, guys!

well, it sounds like i won't be able to use the bottle of flores. too bad, was pretty expensive. i doubt it will be good until my next grow, which will be in 1-2 years at the earliest.

so switching between mineral and organic is no good? seems like this is the lesson i'll have to take from this grow.

Max Headroom

Veteran
Why cant you use it??? There are Organic ways to raise the PH if thats a concern. Viniger will lower PH and sodium carbonate will raise it

so it isn't a problem if i've used a mineral fert up to now? the plants won't mind the switch?

(i'm growing in plagron grow mix)

thx 4 the feedback