Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > LED Grow Lights > Can LED's do a pound or better per harvest?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Can LED's do 1 pound or better each harvest? If so, how many watts are needed?
No 56 9.18%
Yes, 250 watts 44 7.21%
Yes, 400 watts 140 22.95%
Yes, 600 watts 218 35.74%
Yes, 1K and up 152 24.92%
Voters: 610. You may not vote on this poll

Can LED's do a pound or better per harvest? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2011, 11:47 PM #31
SOTF420
Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Breeder, Med Patient, & 420% Sweet Tooth Fanatic!

SOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant future
Quote:
trolling aside why does a fancy lite bright toy type light set up that kids in the 80s played with have such a high price tag? making blue n red sort of weak bulbs is uber tough?
Quote:
lets stop talking about the obvious pluses
This is why you are trolling here brother you are completely & totally lost here on this subject I'm afraid lol

Best bet is probably to go find a thread about HPS and have at it, much love.
SOTF420 is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2011, 12:40 AM #32
IwannatokeNbone
I luv making new crosses, ive got fuck all a clue what im doing but its fun as hell

IwannatokeNbone has a spectacular aura aboutIwannatokeNbone has a spectacular aura aboutIwannatokeNbone has a spectacular aura aboutIwannatokeNbone has a spectacular aura about
u like to hang on words, hanging on price tags is more my thing, 2000 for a pound is bad business but its pretty cool that theese overpriced light brights can yeild a pound, if i could get 89 percent off the sticker price id def get one over a hps there very cool n practical cost aside.

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:37 AM #33
zymos
Jammin'!

zymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannatokeNbone View Post
: 2000 for a pound is bad business
I heard you can actually use these LED lights for more than one crop...
zymos is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:00 AM #34
unclefishstick
Fancy Janitor

unclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivor
unclefishstick has completed 8 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
i think one of the true pluses of these lights is you can set up a garden in about 15 minutes,i could put a piece of panda plastic up over a closet door and have a usable grow space that quick.with the 205w unit i have i could easily supply myself,but i dont think they are quite there for commercial growers yet,unless they have an extreme need for stealth.but even in a commercial setting they would still be useful for veg,mine absolutely rocks in veg,makes nice tight bushy plants..
unclefishstick is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:09 AM #35
GP73LPC
Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/Bean Gatherer

GP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud of
i was away from the puter this weekend. lots of opinions in this thread. i appreciate everyone's opinion.

first off, the lowest total wattage of LED's able to produce 1 lb. is 360 watts. two different grows... so for the four people who voted 400 watts, i have to officially call you the winners in the poll.

then, two more grows at 600 watts and one at 720 watts. all grows used ONLY leds and produced over 1 lb.

here are the documented results.

first off, Mr. X and EVO90 V3 lights. according to the manufacturer these lights only put out 70 watts, so this dude grew a pound with 280 real watts 600 grams, 2.14 gpw

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=215147

results in a different thread. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...1&postcount=95

Addicted2Grow has three threads here at ICMAG where he clears the 1 pound mark. with 360 watts, 600 watts and 720 watts. his 360 in reality is around 354 and so on... 118 watts out of 120 watt units.

first grow, 360 watts, 468 grams, 1.3 gpw

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=185111

another grow from Addicted2Grow, 600 watts, 642 grams, 1.07 gpw

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=208988

and one final grow from Addicted2Grow, 720 watts, 690 grams, 0.96 gpw

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=196980

finally, a cannabis dot com member, stra8outtaweed using 600 watts getting 528 grams for a 0.88 gpw from 4 Welthink WEX-C150's

EDIT: just bought a kill a watt and measured my wex, only 109 watts, brings this grow up to 1.21 gpw

google "LED GROW SHOW" for his thread...

and another

Jacky_Brown's got 1890 grams for a .9 gpw rating using 2.1K of LED's.

More PowerLED's... Models 120 and 180

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....42#post4691542

Last edited by GP73LPC; 11-22-2011 at 03:08 AM.. Reason: added another grow, corrected yield on Mr X grow
GP73LPC is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:22 AM #36
IwannatokeNbone
I luv making new crosses, ive got fuck all a clue what im doing but its fun as hell

IwannatokeNbone has a spectacular aura aboutIwannatokeNbone has a spectacular aura aboutIwannatokeNbone has a spectacular aura aboutIwannatokeNbone has a spectacular aura about
its no doubt some impressive impressive shit.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:11 PM #37
GP73LPC

GP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannatokeNbone View Post
its no doubt some impressive impressive shit.
it is impressive...

i hope to do so well with my LEDs.
GP73LPC is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2011, 05:01 PM #38
smokefrogg

smokefrogg is just really nicesmokefrogg is just really nicesmokefrogg is just really nicesmokefrogg is just really nicesmokefrogg is just really nicesmokefrogg is just really nicesmokefrogg is just really nicesmokefrogg is just really nicesmokefrogg is just really nice
omfg wow!

Old 09-19-2011, 08:21 PM #39
asde²

asde² will become famous soon enough
i voted 250w but that is for diy using best leds available running medium current without pulsing or any special tricks because i know the leds puts out more photons in total/W and that at optimized spectral power distribution, add the fact that there is no loss from output to canopy by anything like a reflector (which is a big disadvantage for hid and others).. why not?
asde² is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2011, 08:26 PM #40
GP73LPC

i think 250 watts is capable with the right conditions and the best LEDs.

Mr. X was only 30 watts above that with 280...
GP73LPC is offline Quote