What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w Tallboy Dresser.

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Hey all,

Im back with a new assignment, 250w tallboy dresser, draws out and made a door out of the front, lined it with mylar and have hung the light,

Just need to pop the seed doing that today,
Gonna go and pop a blueberry skunk from the flying dutchmen,
only doing 1 plant and gonna bush it out like my last but taller in this tallboy now :D,

Now ive ran out of rockwool so once my taproots showing, can i just chuck it into the coco,
how well do seeds sprout in coco once theyve popped.

Cheers guys, pics in an hour or 2.

L

luvaduck

Good one afro! What lighting are you hanging? All the best with your cab bro.

AfroSheep

Hey Luvaduck cheers,:laughing:
Its a 250w HPS growlush i believe, got it in a package,
See my original 250w micro grow thread for info on light and old setup haha,

Im trying to upload pics since last night,
But i keep getting 404 bad request error i think it is,
Its god dam annoying!

AfroSheep

Been a hiccup,

Ballast is shit itself, needa buy a new one lol, allready have it on order.
hopeflly light is ok though -_-
The seed had popped hardout and is now in soil attempting to poke its little leafs out!!! mmmmm.

Should be good one we get it all under control,

Btw still cant upload pics, constant 400 error wont allow me 2 anyone experience this before?

Peace AS.

AfroSheep

Finally underway.

Finally underway.

Right so guys, sorry this took so dam long to get another post and proper updates,

I had upload errors with pictures, and some bad luck with seedlings,

I was originally doing a BB skunk, tap root popped fine, had it growing in the RW, and then moved it into the cab and it died off after a few days, looked like it had its life sucked out of it by a mozzie right in the centre of the stem,

Second attempt after this fuck up, popped the LA woman,
Once again all went great until moved it into the cab -_-,
Same shit happened again,

Had to rethink motive here, possibly moving them into cab too early, and needing more natural sunlight and a little bigger,

3rd attempt was success, had a mate of my mates dad give us a few seedlings that had randomly sprouted in his garden, he said he hadn't grown in over 2 years,
No idea what strain or much else at this point,

Plant is in the cab and doing well, probally a week since we got it, and i believe it looked like a 2 week old seedling allready.
(so roughly 3 maybe 4 weeks old)

1st off ill start with some pics of the cab, and ill go grab some photos of the plant later tonight or tomorrow for ya's all :):wave:

AfroSheep

Here go the cab pics :)

picture.php

hoping to get round to moving the filter to the outside if i get time and space.
picture.php

I need a new system for my fans, the intake has blown but i now have x2 smaller fans on the inside for air movement, but i still need cool air, gonna be a struggle in these humid WA summers
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

There is one major upgrade i still need to do for this cab though,
The door closes but is not airtight/sealed, i cover the edges currently with thick jackets/towels to keep the light in, and keep the daylight out,

Not sure how to go about getting it sealed, possibly rehinging it as the hinges are pretty god dam shite,
and was thinking about tracking some fridge straps down and using those to seal it.

Any questions or criticism feel free to say whatever you must,
Ill take in everything said, and will try to learn and adapt,

Ill upload the plant pics tonite, for now take a look at the 250w grow in my sig, was the previous tent that was used before the cab was made.

Cheers all,
Peace AS.

AfroSheep

And to top it off, heres a few plant pics,
Notice the edges curling upwards on the top few sets of leaves,Im not sure if this is stress of some type or just genetic trait, but so far its all healthy,

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Currently being watered with Biocanna Veg, Rhizotonic, and cannazym,
Not sure on PH as have lost PH pen -_- and havn't got round to buying a new one,
Im guessing around 7-8 as that was the tap water last i checked,
Which isn't good but the plant is still stable drinking that hi PH water lol.

Anyways Peace all,
AS

Good stuff Afro, like watching these cab grows, it sometimes amazes me to how much you can get off in a cupboard, seen some nice 'C13' cupboard grows. I think thats what they are called. Good luck mate.

BUNDY.....

AfroSheep

Hey bundy cheers bud,

You too aussiepurp cheers bro,

I just looked at these pics and realiozed, ive either got jizz stains or dirt on my camera lens lol...

Peace AS

AfroSheep

Cheers for that mudgecko, ill keep a close eye on it, its not even into summer yet and its getting bloody hot out, i have a feeling that im going to need a god dam freezer in my room to coool it enough lol.

AfroSheep

Another update time...

Another update time...

Hey all,
Time for another update, Nothing too impressive as of yet,
Have just ordered some Biocanna Flores and Biocanna Boost for flower,

Am planning on having some fun with straight 12/12 once we switch this as soon as the flower nutes turn up,

Maybe having 6/8 single kola 12/12 plants in there :S should be fun once we take the carbon filter on the outside.
Anyways heres pics..

Oh also, the wrinkling of leaves and turned up edges has stopped atm, just the earlier leaves still have a tiny bit of turn,

picture.php

picture.php

Not sure on the strain as it was a mates father was given 7 seedlings and we took 1,
The guy said he used to grow years back but not in ages :S, not sure on this story hahaha,

If anyone can tell me what kinda line it looks like it may be from whether sativa/indica hybrid or leaning towards one side more...

Any Questions feel free, or any criticism I greatly appreciate it all..

Peace
Afro.:tiphat:

AfroSheep

Cheers pumpkin, its a white bucket thoguh xD,
Just the HPS lighting brightening the sucker up,

Its quite see thru,
you can see the roots all the way to the bottom of the bucket aswel, probally wouldn't show in photos though...

Peace,
Afro.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Light ain't so crash hot for roots.. might be better to pick up a real planter next time :)

Did you manage to fix up your light issues?

Pumpkin

Veteran
Maybe just nail a bit of wood to the side and bottom... so it overhangs resembling the top?

Bit of heavy duty tape down the hinged side perhaps... will look a bit shabby /;0

enter sandman

Wonderful job so far. I grow with a 250hps in a cab, but my cab is a bit bigger. You might run into some heat issues with that size. Or you will need a very good ventilation system. Good luck!

AfroSheep

Cheers guys,
appreciate it,

Had an even smaller tent last grow check it out, heat was fine until tops hit the light lol...

But now its gonna be hard summer and hot as,
So gonna have to keep an eye on the ventilation.

Have a nice mister fan to keep my room cool now though, so hope that helps abit...

Peace

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
things look to be in order Afro :) im expecting big things with this one from you mate.. last one was awsome so can only get better :) best of luck with it mate