What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 Plants Left, been too long without a thread!

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
I am the ultimate IC lurker, but IC is a tight community full of great minds, so I will definitely take this opportunity to be a small part of it :cool: I can't do indoors anymore, been outdoor for a few years with varying success, so usually around the OD and local threads... It's just been wayyyy to long since I've had a place here to call home!

please stop in, all comments etc more than welcome!

I'm at 42 N East Coast. Something keeps eating my plants, so they are kind of naturally FIMd lol.

anyway, 3 bagseed left. Lots of germinating issues this year, next year definitely going with the coldframe idea. I'm just happy to have what I have and get a lil homegrown out of it it

Ummm, all in ground.... all organic so far. Alaskan Fish 5-1-1, Neptune's 2-3-1. No sex as of yet, should be within 10 days or so. Different soils in each hole, one in Roots Organic (pic 3-4 pretty sure), one in promix? one in Scott's moisture control? Anyway everything organic minus the Scotts, all have some bone meal and compost/humus and EWC mixed in over time. I have some flowering bat guano to use asap and some wire to put up but hopefully all will make it til harvest! 2nd to last pic is how overgrown the spot is. idk if I can do much about it...

:rasta:

Attachments

• 100_1215.jpg
    100_1215.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1218.jpg
    100_1218.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1219.jpg
    100_1219.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1220.jpg
    100_1220.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1221.jpg
    100_1221.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_1209.jpg
    100_1209.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Good luck and hang in there Rob your plants are coming along.
Something is better then nothing.
I think you'll knock it out of the park next year.

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Thanks Joe! Yeah things were looking dim for a minute but these couple plants never gave up on me so I will insure their survival!
Also water crystals are phenomenal, first time using them, definitely helped in a few 100 degree days when I didn't even think anything was alive out there lol.
Seeds I used this year are 3ish yrs old from an indoor plant that hermied, next year I will be buying real seeds to try and get some real good shit :)

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Lookin good rob. Outside is always a crap shoot. I hav probally killed more outside than local leo. Shit really happens out there.
By water cyrstals do you mean like terra sorb? polymers? If so try to mix them in your holes wet not dry. First time I put in Lots dry. first good rain they expanded and pushed my gurl right out of the ground. But they were so moist she was still growin when I found out .. Good luck. Go Grindhouse

jescowhite

animals are a pain, try to get some wire fence to make some cages around them. At least around here when I see one with the top eaten off I think deer ( had one jump my deer fence!), if it's at the base of the plant ... rats. You'd kill it with a cold frame, definitely one of the tricks to getting them big.

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
thanks for stopping by guys. lol paladin I know all about the troubles than can arise OD, these are the last of a lot. late start is why they're small. just miracle grow crystals not sure what they are, polymers I assume.

any Grind House seeds out there that would finish mid Sept or so? Yeah I'm going to get some cages asap

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Quick little update here, the 3rd plant rebounded like crazy after being eaten down to just a stem pretty much. Also the 2nd got crudely 'topped' by something, even with the netting on?? But also seems to be growing like crazy, as those 3-4 tops you see are bottom branches lol.

Also waiting on a possible mother (flowering) haze to join the others :)
These are from the 19th, flowering just starting, gave them some bat guano (.5-12-.2) Still hoping for the best! :dance013:

late edit: RIP~ biggest plant arghhdgjlkdfg fucking animals

Attachments

• IMG_20110819_145351.jpg
    IMG_20110819_145351.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20110819_145427.jpg
    IMG_20110819_145427.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20110819_145407.jpg
    IMG_20110819_145407.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 8

Mrpiston38

there lookin good man, sry to hear that stuff is eating ur plants... lets keep our fingers crossed for ya to get some good smoke. How are u holding up witht hat rough weather yall are getting back east? hope all is well in ur neck of the woods

Mr.P

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
thanks for the encouraging words everyone, was down about that nice plant being ruined, but shit happens, especially outdoors. always next year ;)
Irene wasn't too bad here, rained for like 24 hrs little bit of wind, I don't think my plants are big enough to be affected much, plus they're quite sheltered by the vegetation. Hopefully get out tomorrow or tues to check the situation.

stay safe everyone

Khaleel

Veteran
hey bro found yer thread :D hope you are safe after the storm, lookin forward to seeing the plants finish. cheers :friends:

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Welcome Khaleel! :wave:

Well I went out today to find no storm damage. But.... another fucking plant completely eaten!!!! wtf. Cages are put in a half dome shape over them, I couldn't easily move it off the ground, so it sure isn't a deer. Seriously, wtf is small enough to get under a few inches of fencing at most, but still able to eat leaves/stems as high as 12-16"??????? I am officially bewildered and pissed.
And of course, the one remaining is the ONE plant even nibbled by bugs, bahhhh. It is now however on MJ lockdown lol. 2 full cages completely surrounding it. If something still happens to it, the culprit's carcass will be the focus of the next update hahahaha.
2011 is officially the worst year in every aspect of my life, and unfortunately not everything is like growing where you get a clean slate every spring. :wallbash:

Mrpiston38

damn homie sry to hear that. I hope u catch what ever is eating your shit. like a wise man once told me...."shit will buff out" keep it safe and green

Mr.P

GAME

Damn that sucks. Keep the plant you have left on lockdown ! Well, all of this is perfect learning experience. Gotta have some bad-luck grows under your belt before you can fully understand growing outdoors and advance in your skill-set. I'm sure you'll get a grip on things and come back strong next season. In the meantime, let us know how the remaining plant does. Peace Game

RideTheCloud

Too bad for your's, last year i have the same problème, all the young plants was eaten, i suppose a bird or rabbits (but there's no rabbits on this land, but it was near a little river i think of river's rats) curiously they cut but not eat them.....
The birds like Eurasian Magpie, or Carrion Crow, Youngs are very space, they're interest by anything new and playing with.....
Also there are wild Boar (i saw some tracks) and deers but they eat them, not let foliaage on the ground.....
My first suspect was birds, when they're too much on a site, a compétition on food made them ccrazy....

Good grow
Peace

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Thanks Game. Cloud, never would have thought birds, really wish I knew what it was!

It is/was a new spot this year, with many unexpected turns, just sucks that it is QUITE secure, no worries really of anyone making it out there. Was great when i found it back before any vegetation grew back, but once it did, it kinda fucked me. There are definitely deer in the area, but another spot just a few hundred yards away was completely unbothered by anything last year. But again... the year before that, couldn't even get anything started cause of deer/slugs in the same spot.
I have definitely learned alot over the past 4 or so OD runs, perhaps most importantly is to BE PREPARED. be ready for that 1-2 randomly 90-95+ degree days with your very young seedling out in the sun :0, be ready for slugs to come out in early spring if it gets to wet, be ready for deer and other animals, NO excuse for no cages! I did see a porcupine in my spot at the beginning, never paid it much mind... Lastly, be prepared to cut them, or at least cover them at very short notice if rains come at harvest, or frost comes early, etc. My first ever harvest was in the middle of a rain storm, mold is not a fun thing. (luckily had hardly any)
And of course, I couldn't do without you guys! Inspirational, positive and educational always, much love IC :) No doubt I'll be back next year! :friends:

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
No pic, but my solo girl is looking good! Looks like at least 4 more weeks, we'll see about the weather though :crossesfingers: First feeding of 0-50-30 bud booster, Monster Bloom?

IeatCubes

No pic, but my solo girl is looking good! Looks like at least 4 more weeks, we'll see about the weather though :crossesfingers: First feeding of 0-50-30 bud booster, Monster Bloom?
If you got four weeks left, I'm assuming you're atleast a two and a half weeks into flower... start hittin' that bitch with some love, i.e. monster bloom, if that's all you have.
Remember to start with a diluted mix. Ease that girl in. Half to three-quarts strength the first time around. I consider that to be a strong substance.

But you're atleast two or three weeks in here... four weeks to go you say. If you start now, you only have couple weeks before you need/should start flushing.
So get on it.

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
haha definitely man. I'm about 4 weeks in, with at least 4 to go, so probably not much more than 2 weeks feeding. Bloom and molasses will be about it, then molasses til the very end, assuming I might have to chop at any given time past about mid Oct.

It is VERY powerful stuff, I may have overdone it yesterday lol, but lots of rain forecasted so not too worried about it. Bottle says Grotek Monster Bloom 0-50-30, ONE TSP/5 gallons lol. Yeah, definitely over did it....

webguy

60/60 Forced Flowering Approach
Harvesting 60 oz of weed in 60 days of outdoor growing.

This method of growing is the fastest way i know of to harvest a good crop without much outdoor exposure. It's cheap in that you only need one female plant and that can come from bag seed, but quality strains are better. Site development is minimal and easy. Its the only way I can grow 12-14 week flowering strains, so I know its the only way anyone north of me can grow long flowering strains, without a greenhouse. This method is not about growing marijuana plants. but instead, just growing marijuan buds using controlled forced flowering

Heres what I do.
In early April,(now), i start my target females. If its a standard strain,I start 5 seeds. This year Im using a femmed strain, so I only planted 2 seeds. By early june, this female plant will be big enough to provide me with 25 clones. I have a little home made aerocloner from walmart materials. I start my 25 clones.

The plan will progress like this: 14 days to root well in the cloner. As soon as they have decent root development, I put them in soil and start 12/12. Within 5 days, i begin to set them outside to harden off and continue the 12/12. Within 10 days im starting to see real flower development and its out to the grow site to be harvested 60 days later , the first week of august. These plants will finish however many days your strain takes to finish minus a week, after you set them out. If that date is the first of july and its a 60 days strain expect to harvest the first of September. If its a 14 week sativa like Kali mist, it will be early october, but without this method, it will be november +.

This is the most critical part. Timing. You must know the date in your area when the clones wont try to reveg. Usually, on a typical october finishing strain, i will see my first flowers at the end of July or by the 1st of August. That date minus 25 days is my FF date.
I am at 38 degrees, and I can set 4" clones that have been forced into flower outside on the first week of july and it won't try to revege. Those 4" clones finish 55-60 days after I set them out
which is the first of August at 20" or so tall, with 2-2.5 oz each of yeild and I have 25 of them. (sativa's may stretch and could reach 4')

No pest problems here, i know of know creature that will try to eat resin producing mj. Before flowering it may be eaten, but not stinky buds.
These 20" plants are very easy to hide. I have a few spots where i have more than 1, but not many. They never get found. Im only outdoors for 60 days and I harvest 5lbs of weed.

I know a grower at 46 degrees that is using this method except that he is now planting almost 100 clones of critical mass and he is harvesting up to 300 oz of weed 55 days later. He plants his clones on July 25, and harvest them in the 2nd week of september. Its a 50 day strain and a branch breaker.

Site development is so easy, because your root ball is going to be small. Heres my site prep. I take a plastic 2 gallon pot like a typical nursery pot. Theyre cheap but you can get them for free from any local landscaper. They throw them away by the dozen.

I fill my 2 gallon pot with soil, whateverkind you use. I then tape a plastic top on it so it wont spill out. This is one site, and during the winter or when I dont have anything to do, i take my posthole diggers out and bury my little ready plant pot. 1 spot ready and 24 to go. When my clone is ready, i will come back, pull off the plastic cover and plant my clone and 6o days after that...

I hope there is something here to get you thinking.