What's new

1st Grow: Sweet Tooth and Platinum Master Kush DWC w Heavy 16

BattleAxe

Hello boys and girls:tiphat:

I''m new to the forums and after loads of research, work and loot am trying my thumb at growing.

*Garden: 4kW, Sealed, DWC, seperate veg and flower rooms, minisplit that is shared between the two, mold tough drywall, flat white walls, cement flooring and a utility sink. I'm vegging my clones and seedlings under a 2x4 T5 in a DIY EZ cloner that leaks bad and a 1kW MH for the mamas and others. I'll be finishing them under 3 x 1kW in the bloom room. Obviously, all the lights and lumens from the lamps running now are not being used but eventually, I hope they will.

Here are some shots of my show. Others can be found in my albums. Please feel free to chime in and offer any kind of input. I have thick skin and don't bruise easily. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

:wave:

dgtm85

looks like you have three in flower now, correct? anyway they all look very healthy and happy, keep up the good work.

Yes! Good work!
Those are stand alone buckets?.....what is your water level and how much downward do you let it go?

How long did you veg for....and how long have they been flipped?
What nutes and scedual?

I don't know how to help you at this time cause your thumb at growing is doing so well....all looks perfect!

BattleAxe

looks like you have three in flower now, correct? anyway they all look very healthy and happy, keep up the good work.

It's 5 actually. I started with 7 clones, all the same age. I immediately placed them in my ez clone and let them establish a stronger root system for about 10 days before I transplanted the 2 moms into standalone buckets and 3 ST and 1 PM into a 27 Gl tub.

Thanks for the kind words bud. This shit is a lot more work than I expected but I guess nothing ever came easy. I'm strapped in for the ride though and really just trying to log a successful grow this time around and keep them alive.

Thanks for stopping by bud. :tiphat:

BattleAxe

Yes! Good work!
Those are stand alone buckets?.....what is your water level and how much downward do you let it go?

What nutes and scedual?

I don't know how to help you at this time cause your thumb at growing is doing so well....all looks perfect!

There are two standalone buckets and those are both my moms. Quite simple in design, spraypaint, airstone, net pot, hydroton. The others are in a 27 Gl Toughbox from HD. It's got a thicker sidewall than the rubbermaid totes and not prone to bending. The lids are sectioned and make it real easy to plot your sites.

I veg'd for 3 weeks starting when they were 10 day old clones so it's closer to a month really.

I just flipped them 3 days ago.

Thanks for the kind words. I hope things continue in this manner.

BattleAxe

Yes! Good work!

What nutes and scedual?

I forgot to mention that I keep my water levels high, I submerge just about the whole root system. My tub holds 27 Gl, I fill it with 20 at res changes. My bckets hold 5, I put about 3 - 3.5 Gl during changes. I let the water level drop down to about halfway before I top up, this usually occurs during the middle of the week sometime. I top up then I do a full res change when the week expires.

I'm using heavy 16. Off the top, my veg nutes:

Veg A: 8 ml/gl
Veg B: 8 ml/gl
Hygrozyme: 10 ml/gl
H202 30% 3 ml/gl

Bud A: 10 ml/gl
Bud B: 10 ml/gl
Hvy 16 Prime Enhancer: 10 ml/gl (free sample from store)

I'm keep the veg nutes for my mom on the low end. 8 ml/gl My moms are growing like crazy and I can foresee this as a problem in the future when I try and veg shorter plants under the same light. Especially given that they will be in 27 Gl tubs. Not trying to lift tubs onto blocks or anything of the like. Rec strength per manufacturer is 8/10 ml/gl For the rest of the plants that will be flowered, I run them at 9 ml/gl.

I run the flower at max nutes. The range for flowering nutes per heavy 16 is 8-10 ml/gl. Now that they are in flower, I figure it's time to start going a bit harder.

How do you like those Heavy 16 nutrients? Are you using RO water? You might want to start feeding your mom's with more of a bloom profile instead of the vegetative nutrients.

Will you use any additives during flower?

Thanks for sharing! Plants look good!

Peace!

BattleAxe

I like them. I don't have anything to compare them to but I guess so far so good. I'm using RO H2O. I never really thought of feeding them the bloom in veg. You talking 70/30? How much does it speed things up. Please elaborate.

I don't planning on using additives. Lots of cats have told me that the H16 is all I need. I did get a free sample of the H16 Prime Enhancer the other day. It was the same day that I flipped. It was tempting but I didn't use it. I wanna see what the H16 can do by itself.

Thanks for droppin in!

dgtm85

It's 5 actually. I started with 7 clones, all the same age. I immediately placed them in my ez clone and let them establish a stronger root system for about 10 days before I transplanted the 2 moms into standalone buckets and 3 ST and 1 PM into a 27 Gl tub.

Thanks for the kind words bud. This shit is a lot more work than I expected but I guess nothing ever came easy. I'm strapped in for the ride though and really just trying to log a successful grow this time around and keep them alive.

Thanks for stopping by bud. :tiphat:
very nice man, it is allot of work but in the end pays off big just have to get everything dialed in and synced up then it will pretty much run itself and you will be sitting there wondering what you could do now lol. im certain this will be a successful grow your ladies are telling me so:)

BattleAxe

very nice man, it is allot of work but in the end pays off big just have to get everything dialed in and synced up then it will pretty much run itself and you will be sitting there wondering what you could do now lol. im certain this will be a successful grow your ladies are telling me so:)

I'm looking forward to the end result but trying hard to nail each step as it comes around. I think I may have dropped the ball big time though. On my chores today, I found what looks to be like white mold on some of the root tips on one of my moms. It's not actually in the res but on some of the roots that haven't grown into the res yet and still in the net pot with the hydroton.

I'm pretty sure it's mold, it's white and fuzzy. I snapped a pic but for some reason, the pic isn't displaying properly. I'll get another one on morning chores.

Does anyone have any experience with something similar to this? I have heard of mold on the plant but not on the roots. I added some H2O2 to the res to keep it at bay tonight and plan to wake up early and scrub the res and flush the roots with only H2O, H2O2 and probably some hygrozyme for a few days.

Res temps are mid 70's. The res sit on a concrete floor and usually run -1 degree from canopy temp which is 75-76.

dgtm85

interesting, i have seen simular fuzzy stuff on my roots and never seemed to be a problem. sometimes the roots are just really hairy and makes it look like mold, hopefully its not mold.

It could be fungus possibly..need a pic to identify it.

If you look at the profile for Ionic brand of nutrients called "Mother Plants" its a 2 part nutrient, and part a is 2-0-0 and part b is 1-1-3. This is what first led me to realize that the plants do not even need a separate nutrient regiment really for veg and bloom.

The best combo tested for veg and growing killer roots comes from Dynagro bloom formula which has the most K and P of any nutrient on the market. Tissue samples is what the information is based on. It shows the plant uses more nitrogen and K than originally once thought, and way less P. Especially in bloom.

You can feed just Dynagro bloom and Cal/Mag and some h202 29%, EPSOM salt with RO water and get some amazing results!! You can also keep this formula up until the 2nd or 3rd week of bloom. A good place to start is using about 4ml/gal dynagro bloom and 2ml/gal Calmag and 2ml/Gal H202, 1gram per gallon EPSOM salt...use Protek to ph up to 5.3-5.8....this formula is actually a member's formula names Dessert squirel so I take no credit.....try it, you will be amazed!

FYI on the Prime, it is a engineer'd formula for feeding/inoculating micro-biology and probably the best on the market. Its use in DWC IMHO is still not determined. It can quickly have your system overrun with biology so I would use with caution.

BattleAxe

interesting, i have seen simular fuzzy stuff on my roots and never seemed to be a problem. sometimes the roots are just really hairy and makes it look like mold, hopefully its not mold.

I'm hoping this isn't the case. Talk about a bummer if it is. I did some reading after I had posted this. I'll get pics up here once I get out there.

It could be fungus possibly..need a pic to identify it.

If you look at the profile for Ionic brand of nutrients called "Mother Plants" its a 2 part nutrient, and part a is 2-0-0 and part b is 1-1-3. This is what first led me to realize that the plants do not even need a separate nutrient regiment really for veg and bloom.

The best combo tested for veg and growing killer roots comes from Dynagro bloom formula which has the most K and P of any nutrient on the market. Tissue samples is what the information is based on. It shows the plant uses more nitrogen and K than originally once thought, and way less P. Especially in bloom.

You can feed just Dynagro bloom and Cal/Mag and some h202 29%, EPSOM salt with RO water and get some amazing results!! You can also keep this formula up until the 2nd or 3rd week of bloom. A good place to start is using about 4ml/gal dynagro bloom and 2ml/gal Calmag and 2ml/Gal H202, 1gram per gallon EPSOM salt...use Protek to ph up to 5.3-5.8....this formula is actually a member's formula names Dessert squirel so I take no credit.....try it, you will be amazed!

FYI on the Prime, it is a engineer'd formula for feeding/inoculating micro-biology and probably the best on the market. Its use in DWC IMHO is still not determined. It can quickly have your system overrun with biology so I would use with caution.

Wow brother. No wonder you call yourself the BioMaster! I'm gonna look into this a little bit more and get in touch with DS. I'm all about expediting things and becoming as efficient as possible.

So you are using this feed schedule now? Have you seen increases in veg growth and yield?

BattleAxe

It looks like mold but I have read that this can occur in DWC setups and looks like super fine root hair. It's supposed to mean that the plant is healthy? It's on both my moms and they look to be doing well. pH levels are drifting within normal range, no wilting, no signs of any nute def, new shoot and root growth.

Did it look like this?

Take a look at it with a magnifying glass or better yet a jewelers loup...$5! Could save you a lot of worry and work!

Does the root area affected feel slimy?

I had the fuzzies on my rock wool roots....they appeared white and light looking.I did nothing to treat and it's gone as my roots grew larger in my bubblers.

Biomaster is giving you great advice and reference as to nute formula and hydrogen peroxide! Desertsquirrel works his formulas along with "spurr"....read his threads too!

purple_man

Veteran
yepp, looks fine. the fine white hairs are produced by the roots, to enlarge the rhizzodherma, so it can uptake more nutrients and water.

blessss

calientecarlos

Veteran
Very nice. Gonna get my dwc on in a few weeks. I've done aero in the past and found that a bubble bucket was easier and more reliable.