What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Widow, Blueberry, Skunk #1 - First grow, 400hps

Jump to newest pics

The day has finally arrived, when I can officially say that I've started my grow!
icon_pidu.gif

Setup:
1 stk. 400watt agro w. cooltube
2 x White Widow
2 x Blueberry
2 x Skunk #1 Feminized

I will be using Cellmax Organic Mix (blood meal, bone meal, perlite, worm fertiliser, fungal strains and bacteria - from the bag) and hope it will provide the plants with enough nutes till flower or late veg.

I am using a Homebox 100x100x180cm (they sent me one with silver lining, no clue why :tiphat:)

12,5 cm extractor fan - 345 m3/h (havent figured wiring yet, think I need a switch?)
12,5 cm carbon filter - 365 m3/h (will be added when extractor fan is working)
12 cm inline fan
40 cm oscillating fan

The seeds were placed in mineral water and put warm and dark - First they will be planted in 0,5 l plastic cups...
... later I will transplant once to 4 x 11 (3gal) and 2 x 6,5 liter (1,7gal) pots!

Day 1

After 14 hours soaking in water all of the seeds had sunk to the bottom, lovely
icon_biggrin.gif

After 24 hours I noticed a tiny white crack in one Blueberry and Skunk #1
icon_biggrin.gif
- nothing from the others so far, pictures will come later, when I find the cable to the camera
icon_smile.gif

Aproximately 27 hours after the seeds were put in water, none of the remaining seeds had cracked. I then put them in soaked paper towels, fearing they might drown if left in water. 2 hours later the second Blueberry popped, so hopefully tomorrow, the rest will be ready
icon_smile.gif

Day 2

Horray! This morning the remainder of the seeds had cracked (though the Widows looked a little strange, with a darkish brown crack, instead of white, like the others)

They have now been planted in 0,5 liter plastic cups, and put under my hps, as it is the only light I have.

I have my concerns about temperature and air movement, as I only have the oscillating fan and inline fan so far, but im on my way to purchase a hygro and thermometer to be sure.

This evening, the temps are fairly constant at 25-26 degrees, with fans blowing, so thats good I guess! The problem will be be that I cant have two fans blowing at max speed when they sprout :( Hopefully I will figure out the extractor fan by then.

Added a couple of seeds last night (bb and ww) which have now both cracked! 100 % germination rate so far, 8/8 - now I just hope they will take :)

Day 3

Ouch.. Forgot to turn on one of my fans at light on, so when I woke up 3 hours later, the temp were 34 degrees! Really hope the little babies didnt suffer from it, the temps are back at 25-26 now, but damn that was stoopid!

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
25°d. is good grower, so your setup and genetic sound kickass, ill be watching your thread!!!
keep it green...can't wait for see few pix..

Thanks killer! Nice to know that someone with that much experience will be watching! :)

I am taking pics everyday, so at some time there will be a huge update :)

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
yeah grower, im a fan of huge update ehh, my experience is ridicolous in comparison to some big grower that still here , but whenever ya want or ya need advice or so you can ask me!!

Cool :)

I popped two more seeds last night (Blueberry and Widow) just to increase chances of females. They were put directly in paper towels with the others, and recieved aproximately 1 hour in water this evening (both sank immediately) before going back in fresh paper towels. 1 hour later both had cracked :D Will be planting them tonight and put them next to my other babies :)

Day 4

Yesterday was my babies first night alone, so I had to put faith in my timer and - lo and behold! It didnt fail :thank you:

Got home in the middle of the night, 30 minutes after lights on, and were surprised and happy to see the little stem starting to poke up of all 6 plants.. The two WWs which were the slowest to germinate, really outgrow the others at this point though, standing at about an inch tall (2cms~)

No pictures yet, but just had to give this update :wave:

Cya soon!

Day 5

This morning (5:am) I helped the last 2 seedlings with their remaining seed castings. One was clearly holding the plant down, so I decided it was best. The tallest Widow now stand at 4,8 cm, Blueberry at 3,8 cm and Skunk at 3,5 cm, they almost grew a full cm since light off at 22pm

During night, the temperature was rock steady at 23.1 (73.5 F) with humidity lying between 55 and 65 %, so thats good! Im struggling to keep it down at day, and have the doors open most of the light hours. With lights on at 4am, the temperature is 27 degrees with the light aproximately 75cm away.

Day 7

Time for a little update, even though I still have no pictures to show.

All 8 plants are still alive and doing great. The first few days they grew quite a lot and probably stretched a little, so sunday I decided to "re-pot" (I put more soil in the same cup, it wasnt full, and covered the plants, so they were more steady and, obviously, a bit shorter :))

Now, exactly 3 days since they first popped out of the ground, they range between 4 and 6 cm. One White Widow has really outdone the others, and has started its second set of leaves. Its leaves are also better looking than any of the other plants, not stretching upwards, not drooping, just big and beautiful. I have big hopes for this one, I really hope its a she, cause I just know she will be beautiful! One of my Blueberries have also started its second set of leaves. Furthest behind are the Skunk #1 Fem. Which are roughly 1 cm shorter than the others and only at first set of leaves.

I also finally fixed my fan extractor and carbon filter, so now I can keep the temps at 25-28 degrees during day.

D

DKMillo

Another Dane Wee ;)

Everything sound very good so far hoping to see some pictures soon :D
I have been running Skunk #1 for years and usually i get very good yield of them i hope its the same for you.

Have fun and good luck

#DKMillo

Thanks DKMillo, I want to see the pictures too! I only have them on the tiny crap screen on the camera, gimme higher res please! :p

Nice to know you had good results with Skunk #1 - were your's Sensi Seeds as well? Do you have any experience in how they like to be treated? Heard they love topping :)

Day 11

Just a quick update, still with no pictures im afraid..

The babies are still doing well, and all but two have been transplanted to bigger pots. The last two will have to wait, untill I get some more soil lol :)

All are about 8-11 cm tall and looking pretty good. I have some problems keeping the temperatures down early morning when the sun rises - I get 30-31 degrees, but I live with it, at least it doesnt seem to hurt the plants :)

Small update, all are doing well.. The temps have been quite hot the last few days, ranging from 29-32 in the room, but the plants seem to manage.. I try to make it cooler, but its not really helping.

The third set of leaves (the ones with 3) are starting to appear, so far im happy with the progress :)

L

LuvPB

Hey man, glad I found this thread rather than the one about your fan/heat. All sounds good so far, I have a blueberry going as well, it was given to me (8wks old) by a friend who got the mom from a friend... so ??? Dependable guys but who knows, get that camera going so we can compare. I started my first in fall 2003 and its been my last thought at night/first in the morning ever since. Finally got on this site last week, hope to watch many grows from start to finish, yee haw.

Hey Luv, great of you to stop by! :)

I know what you mean! My girlfriend has been going crazy every since I 'discovered' growing. The last two months I finally got it all together (with her blessing and help:) ) - Just gotta make sure she doesn't get too jealous af the little new ones lol :)

The Blueberry looks good man, cant wait too see it flower.. Maybe I should just go on a cleaning rampage and find the damn camera wire :)

As a pictureless update on the grow:

White Widows: These are the ho'es. Damn they do grow fast, all three looking mostly indica so far, but its too early

Blueberry: Growing at a slower pace than the widows, two of these babies are mostly indica in apperance. One likes to stretch her arms, and is already looking sativa dominant.. Cant wait to see!

Skunk #1: Wow, these girls grow remarkably uniform! Both almost the same size and apperance. Simply Beautiful!

I also had a go at FIM two nights ago. Im not sure if I did it too early (or correct lol!). Did 2 x WW and 2 x BB, and one Blueberry COULD be looking like 4 tops are appearing, but im not sure yet. The other.. Well, I dont know.. Maybe I FIM'ed too high and didnt get enough.. We will see.. .:) Thats it for now folks!

Btw, tomorrow it is exactly 14 days since the first seedling sprouted, actually they all did that day.. Cant believe they are already reaching 6"!

L

LuvPB

Get that camera going!!! As I said the BB had a rough start (8wks in a cube) but its great now pics tomorrow night. Mine grew slow, its the smallest of all and 5wks older than the rest. I thought maybe because of its past but we'll compare as yours get going. Whats the plan, how long you vegging? I'll reread the thread anyway so if the answers already in there don't bother repeating.

I know!! Reeeeally wanna show them off too!

I have not decided 100 % on veg time, I guess it depends on how well they respond to the FIM and how much space I got :p The box is 180cm, but I only have around 110cm from the light (max distance) to the top of the pots.. If we say light must be 25-40cm from canopy, the maximum height can be 70-85cm.. Not as much as I had hoped for, so I may look into raising the light even more (need new hooks, but should give 10 cm extra) and maybe do some LSTing.. But the stems are already pretty thick, so dont know if its too late for that :)

Latest posts

Latest posts