in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > $200 DIY Greenhouse

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Dark Heart Nursery
$200 DIY Greenhouse Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 06:02 PM #41
Warped1
I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses

Warped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of light
Looks good to me, can't wait to see it in action. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but won't you still have around 16' in length after you add your back end?

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=98419

The K.I.S.S. Method
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645

"There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even it's oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder"
Alfred Austin
Warped1 is offline Quote

Old 09-09-2011, 06:28 PM #42
GP73LPC
Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/Bean Gatherer

GP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud of
thanks warped and yes, you are correct. 16' long x 12' wide...

4 foot wide middle walkway. 4' beds on either side...
GP73LPC is offline Quote

Old 09-09-2011, 08:22 PM #43
FunkBomb
Power Armor rules

FunkBomb is just really niceFunkBomb is just really niceFunkBomb is just really niceFunkBomb is just really niceFunkBomb is just really niceFunkBomb is just really niceFunkBomb is just really niceFunkBomb is just really niceFunkBomb is just really niceFunkBomb is just really nice
Simple and effective. Thanks for posting all the construction details as well.

-Funk

Bertrand Russell
FunkBomb is offline Quote

Old 09-09-2011, 09:26 PM #44
GP73LPC

GP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud of
hey no problem funkbomb...
GP73LPC is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2011, 04:37 PM #45
GP73LPC

a couple more updated pics...

2nd end wall covered in plastic and stapled in place.

and the two additional ribs added, as well as a 2" PVC center beam. this was not included in the cost in my original post. however it is needed in an environment of snow and heavy rains. the plans i am following did not have this beam originally. his hoophouse caved in. he rescued it and added the center beam. we have real heavy thunderstorms and even some snow so it was best for me to add it...

i knotched the end of each end of the 2 inch PVC so it would rest nicely on each end wall. not to mention the end walls are about 1.5" taller due to the way the pvc bends when screwed to wood vs. over rebar stakes in the ground.

anyway, next is the top !!!
GP73LPC is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2011, 06:32 PM #46
GP73LPC

here is how i knotched, fit and screwed the center beam on the end walls.

then screwed from the inside out and used bailing wire to secure the center beam

then in covered all joints in tape in preparation for the top sheet of plastic.

finally, i added ropes to provide more support for the plastic and to help it flap in the wind less. hopefully this will add to the life of the plastic...

Thank You DOUBLEJJ and your COSTCO GREENHOUSE THREAD for the rope idea !!!

looking inside...

the ropes...

plastic top is next. probably won't get to it til next week.

got a race tonight, going out to grab a bite to eat also, the nfl kicks into full gear tomorrow and i have 3 fantasy teams...
GP73LPC is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:45 PM #47
Midnight
Banned

Midnight is just really niceMidnight is just really niceMidnight is just really niceMidnight is just really niceMidnight is just really niceMidnight is just really niceMidnight is just really niceMidnight is just really niceMidnight is just really niceMidnight is just really nice
I'm really digging this thread. I want to see this thing in action!
Midnight is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2011, 07:48 PM #48
GP73LPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
I'm really digging this thread. I want to see this thing in action!
thanks man, me 2
GP73LPC is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2011, 08:01 PM #49
Warped1
I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses

Warped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of lightWarped1 is a glorious beacon of light
Wow it's coming along nicely

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=98419

The K.I.S.S. Method
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645

"There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even it's oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder"
Alfred Austin
Warped1 is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2011, 08:28 PM #50
GP73LPC

thanks warped1
GP73LPC is offline Quote