in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > $200 DIY Greenhouse

Thread Title Search
Click to buy Cannabis Seeds at Fast Buds
$200 DIY Greenhouse Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 06:37 PM #11
ElPiloto

ElPiloto will become famous soon enough
One of the most important parts of any greenhouse is ventilation. This is true even in the cold Winter months.

The best setup is a STRONG exhaust fan at one end and self-opening vents at the other end of the greenhouse.

You can find good deals on used exhaust fans on Craigslist sometimes.

Your greenhouse is off to a good start. Please keep us informed.

What part of the country are you located in?
ElPiloto is offline Quote

Old 07-27-2011, 07:30 PM #12
GP73LPC
Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/Bean Gatherer

GP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud of
thanks ElPiloto...

i will use your plan with an exhaust on one end and passive intake vent on the other. i was gonna go with an exhaust on each end and intakes on both ends, but your method sounds like better overall air movement...

and i am in the south central part of the country...
GP73LPC is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2011, 05:39 PM #13
Cappy

Cappy has a spectacular aura aboutCappy has a spectacular aura aboutCappy has a spectacular aura aboutCappy has a spectacular aura aboutCappy has a spectacular aura about
I saw on the weather channel large portion of the south central US were in what they called in an "exceptional" drought, worse even than extreme drought. I think they made up the category for that region this year as I'd never heard of it before. That landscape pictured must be something close to "exceptional" drought. Is there usually agriculture out there?

Good luck finding time to finish. Thanks for that top picture

Old 07-28-2011, 08:23 PM #14
GP73LPC

GP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
I saw on the weather channel large portion of the south central US were in what they called in an "exceptional" drought, worse even than extreme drought. I think they made up the category for that region this year as I'd never heard of it before. That landscape pictured must be something close to "exceptional" drought. Is there usually agriculture out there?

Good luck finding time to finish. Thanks for that top picture
Hey Cappy

it's bad here, approaching the worst heat in 30 years...

in this part of the country there is a lot of agriculture, this land produces hay...

the ag around here is corn, wheat, hay, at least those are the big hitters. wheat and corn are harvested already.

hay is harvested twice a year, but this year it might just be the earlier harvest as nothing but deep rooted tree's are green at this point.

i'll find the time to finish. it will rain eventually and we'll get some more cloud cover we do have all of august left however
GP73LPC is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:36 PM #15
guest5703

Good to go almost! I like to see DIY, but $200 seems a bit much for a self built GH....I bought mine on Amazon for under 100. But perhaps yours will be long lasting, the one I got is definitely not the best quality but will hold up for a couple of seasons.

Bummer its so hot, I have family in south central and I hate the heat, shit sometimes I complain about how hot it is in SD lol. Keep up the good work, I like the motivation! PEACE

Old 08-01-2011, 02:03 AM #16
GP73LPC

i don't see how i could have built it to much cheaper. i did use treated wood, but that is so it will last longer.

we will see, but assuming some bad ass weather (and we get that here ) doesn't kill it, it should last several years before needing new plastic, but i have plenty... in fact if you want to total up the actual cost of parts on the greenhouse, it would be $130. but as mentioned earlier i had to buy a huge roll of plastic in order to cover the greenhouse with a solid piece...
GP73LPC is offline Quote

Old 08-01-2011, 02:24 AM #17
doublejj

doublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of light
If you look on craigslist you can find carport frames for next to nothing. Cover it with plastic, you would have a metal one. You can put the carport frame together in a few minutes & they're 9' tall.

peace
doublejj

Carport Greenhouse grow 2011 https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=208421 Carport Greenhouse 2011
Carport Greenhouse grow 2010 https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=173095 Carport Greenhouse grow 2010
doublejj is offline Quote

Old 08-01-2011, 02:56 AM #18
GP73LPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejj View Post
If you look on craigslist you can find carport frames for next to nothing. Cover it with plastic, you would have a metal one. You can put the carport frame together in a few minutes & they're 9' tall.

peace
doublejj
i'll have to check around and see what i can find...
GP73LPC is offline Quote

Old 08-01-2011, 02:58 AM #19
GP73LPC

oops, double post
GP73LPC is offline Quote

Old 08-01-2011, 05:06 AM #20
Cappy

Cappy has a spectacular aura aboutCappy has a spectacular aura aboutCappy has a spectacular aura aboutCappy has a spectacular aura aboutCappy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejj View Post
If you look on craigslist you can find carport frames for next to nothing.
Yeah, you exaggerate. He just said the cost of the plastic was the most imoportant part. There is no way you find a portable carport on craigslist for $25, if you could find one at all. And it wouldnt be a custom design, the garden would have to adapt to the greenhouse instead of the other way around.