What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

M.M.VERT Thread (M.M. - mini micro)

sLai*kRoLa

:tiphat:
Hello, my name is Sly C. Somehow i decided to start this granfalloonish thread for all those vert growers who use not that much energy and space.

Sort of a club, not really a fresh idea....:shucks:

M.M. (mini micro) means that electrical energy spent for lighting shouldn't exceed 400W.
That's pretty much it...

IMHO big KW herbmills give different kind of vibes from smaller minimicro gardens. (I feel like spokesman from Micro Grow forum....:gday:...)
Nevermind, let's do some sharing.... :artist:

sLai*kRoLa

It's kind of hard for me to weave thoughts and build sentences in foreign tongue so i'll post some lo-fi pictures instead.

picture.php

picture.php

As a grower i was raised by 150w HPS Club and Resource Guide and to this day i use single 150w HPS. I know i could fire up to 300w in there, but it would be much harder to consume the end product... :noway: :nono: and i'm cheap, and a bit (big bit) lazy, so i have lot's of unused space...

Sorry guys, i'm posting while sitting on the wooden floor, sooo my butt is annoyingly acheing for some time now... Gotta go, se ya.

P.S. Keep on posting, everybody (not M.M.VERT growers are also allowed)

sLai*kRoLa

Well, thank you!

I feel a bit small with all the megayelders around in this forum. It's not so cool to show of couple of ounces of bud while bigger guys are counting pounds. But i gues it's your fate to stay small if you run strictly personal garden. And by no means one must be ashamed of it!
I think i talk too much, but say too little... i'll shut up for a while.

Eol

Haha man, I was literally just thinking there needs to be a micro growers vert thread and boom you'd made one! Great minds! I totally agree though, there's a big difference between the massive grows you see in this forum and what us micro growers are trying to do.

Here's my contribution, two sour diesel girls in hempy air pots, scrogging round a 250w cmh:

picture.php

picture.php

I've got some male clones rooting in the bubbler on the pot (gotta maximise the space =P) so I can get some pollen off them later.

When do you guys reckon I should flip? This is my first vert scrog so I have no idea really, sour diesel can stretch up to 3x so =/

Also, as you can see in the pics, I've been tucking the fan leaves behind the screen, to get more light to the tops. Should I just leave them like that or is it worth removing them?

Cheers!

sLai*kRoLa

Hey, Eol welcome on board, two is almost a crew....

You got a lot of holes yet to be filled in your screen... But the risk of overgrowing the space is allways a consern for a microgrower... :dunno: Either way i wish to see future action around your bulb ;)

I would leave those leaves tucked behind. Here's what i did:
picture.php

And here's White Diesel (12/12 from seed) trained by a ladder, big fans tucked behind:
picture.php

...Morning came in my greenbox half an hour ago, will go do some stareing... :watchplant:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No one is too small or too big for the vertical family....we welcome all. Some of our best ideas come from micro-grows!

Lawladash

I think this idea is just great. Really brings you back down to earth after seeing these people who have decades of experience pulling down pounds and reaching a 1.0+ gpw ratio. You guys are probably doing the same thing ratio wise in a fraction of the space. May not be the same weight, but it's something that a novice could pick up on fairly easily and not need a whole room/basement/house dedicated to. Excellent work, can't wait to see the results of everything you all have going.

bonsai

I am SO in.

I've been lurking in the vert forum for > 6 months, reading every post and thinking how to scale down the techniques discussed to micro size. Just posted the start of my new cab in the micro forum.

70W bare-bulb vert + 50W LED + custom microcontroller

Going to be using the back-wall mesh technique Marlo uses in his room, but on a tiny scale with a mesh per pot. I reckon passing 1gr/w with a monocrop would be easy, which is nothing for this forum but remember my little HPS is only thwoing out ~5000 lumen :laughing:

sLai*kRoLa

:ying:

Lawladash, megayields :wave:

bonsai, You are SO welcome. The pictures of your geeky growing facility sure would raise thread's level!

RandomNegro, you've joined this crew on 08-14-2011 08:25 PM :)
"how do you keep the temps low around the bulb? "
Sometimes i do things simplyest way (simpleton?):

picture.php

picture.php

As you can see in the above picture my bloombox isn't running on full load right now. But in a week or so i'll throw in three more younglings...

Remember this one?
And here's White Diesel (12/12 from seed) trained by a ladder, big fans tucked behind:
picture.php
Same herb on ~10th week of flowering.

picture.php

picture.php
:smokeit:

bobblehead

Veteran
I know i could fire up to 300w in there, but it would be much harder to consume the end product...

That just means you're not living the High Life. lol... Most people don't have the problem of more buds than they can consume...

You micro-growers never cease to amaze me... Personally I never grew with less than 400w. I've noticed that for the most part you micro growers are good about dialing in your environment and maxing out your space... So kudos... Cause that's something we have in common.

bobblehead

Veteran
I think this idea is just great. Really brings you back down to earth after seeing these people who have decades of experience pulling down pounds and reaching a 1.0+ gpw ratio. You guys are probably doing the same thing ratio wise in a fraction of the space. May not be the same weight, but it's something that a novice could pick up on fairly easily and not need a whole room/basement/house dedicated to. Excellent work, can't wait to see the results of everything you all have going.

Not trying to be a dick... but most guys with decades of experience aren't posting pics. They're the ones helping out us new guys, guiding us in the right direction... If they're posting at all. RedSpaghetti, Laylow, and myself aren't old men... lol

I can't think of any old guys posting pics... I mean sometimes they come along and grace us with some shots of their AMAZING garden so we can ooh and ah... But they've got their shit dialed in already...

Most of us posting pics are on a journey... Trying to get to the beach.

sLai*kRoLa

That just means you're not living the High Life. lol... Most people don't have the problem of more buds than they can consume...
You micro-growers never cease to amaze me... Personally I never grew with less than 400w.
I lead my life Higher than i should, most of the time it's kind of hard to catch up with rutines.... That consumption statement was ment to be as a joke, and while writing it i was thinking if someone will pick it up :blowbubbles:
I edited that place to make that "joke" more visible :crazy:

When i first thought about growing i reckoned that i'll like that thing so grow op must be as perpetual as possible; that means it must be low-energy unit cause i'm unable to pay big bills and my wife won't aprove it. The question was how small/big it must be to cover my needs. Spacewise it was easy - i had that only place in the house - 1/3 of a wardrobe. When i found PipeDreams thread i knew how big the bulb should be to support me (I'm a lone stoner). I NEVER thought about growing some extra to cover expences. I prefer to brake as few laws at a time as possible. But by no means i can say that i don't dream about larger indoor garden... for the time beeing i expand outdoors.

Most of us posting pics are on a journey... Trying to get to the beach.
:yeahthats

sLai*kRoLa

WOOHOO!! 1gpw reached in a first try! Noobie gets cocky...

WOOHOO!! 1gpw reached in a first try! Noobie gets cocky...

:laughing:

Sure i'm happy, but i'm no genius to do that without the help of our Vertical / Colosseum Growing forum! I said somewhere here before: it takes only to lurk here and you're bound to improve...

I must to admit that it was my third indoor grow, but first time going vert...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

It was White Diesel that i kept for reveg. Frost champion, reeks with sourness of a fresh puke...with unchewed chunks of grapefruit... :stfu:
Here's the rest of the W.D. trio (there were 7 plants around the 150). These were fatter but more fluffy and straight pleasant grapefruit smell.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It's interesting that the plant, who grew not attached to the "ladder" thing, yielded the most... :ying:

:watchplant::tumbleweed:
Ehm, am i the only M.M.Vert grower here? :pointlaug

Last edited:

sLai*kRoLa

awesome thread, dude! So stoked for micro vert:) I love it, and will never go back, except to veg:)
:wave::good:
Please, post up your setup ;):peek:
:dance013: Niiice result man!! Good luck next rounds. Where do you feel is the limit with your strain in your setup?

:wave:
:thank you:
I think i could shoot for 1,5gpw if dealing with clones, but i'm a seed browser so yeld isnt the top top priority... I run them 12/12 from seed or with ~ 1 week veg time, fem/reg seeds with diferent origins... Its counter-productive i think... But beating around 1gpw mark is a great thing imo... I need to repeat it again with this
picture.php

J

juicepuddle

looks good slai, makes me wish I had my own setup right now, 1.5gpw wouldn't be to bad either! Subd for updates

thinkin

Awesome! MICRO VERT!

Awesome! MICRO VERT!

back in action after summer off
with new vert 250 hps cabinet

Dont think you can grow with 250 in smaller cabinet.
22x22x28 Until, temps are under control. Using a Cooltube.
ATM +7 F over ambient

Like to show off the Yoke style Scrog in action.
Screen mounted mid-cooltube (raise the cooltube post stretch)
Screen will control the plants distance to light. Thus, no fear of burning the plant. I set the edge of scrog right on edge "red" area of recommended light distance. Hard to see but area around cool tube is getting filled in nicely! except for huge gap left by lagging the Skunk. But the Diesels are absorbing the extra space.

Day 2-3 of flower

Latest posts

Latest posts