Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

Thread Title Search
Have you looked at the North Pole lately? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2011, 02:08 AM #1
igrowone

igrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant future
Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

I know this is a doomed thread, but this is just so interesting to look at.
So there's this government site that shows radar images of the northern icecap: https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
And it making a run at new low. From what I can see the NorthEast passage will open in August, maybe sooner than August. NorthWest passage looks early too.
I just enjoy watching the pics, but hey, that's just me.

3 members found this post helpful.
Click to visit Venus Vapes
Old 07-12-2011, 02:17 AM #2
COOKIE MONSTER

Strangely enough I haven't looked at the north pole lately....Santa drops by once a year to let me know what's going on up there tho.

It's not good :(

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:18 AM #3
sso

sso is a name known to allsso is a name known to allsso is a name known to allsso is a name known to allsso is a name known to allsso is a name known to allsso is a name known to allsso is a name known to allsso is a name known to allsso is a name known to allsso is a name known to all
lol might be the last generations to actually see it, probably not though. but it was a lot smaller the last time i checked, few years back.
sso is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:21 AM #4
igrowone

igrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sso View Post
lol might be the last generations to actually see it, probably not though. but it was a lot smaller the last time i checked, few years back.
2007 was the big low from what i read, but it seems to have crept a bit below that
i think it's cool that you've been able to take a ship through there over to Japan the last few years, getting to be a regular event

Old 07-12-2011, 02:24 AM #5
Iron_Lion

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:24 AM #6
303hydro
senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia

303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice
Does anybody know a forum where you are allowed talk about stuff like this? Obviously they will delete anything to do with global warming or over population or such around here.

here is a graph since 79

My personal garden:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=211246
303hydro is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2011, 02:28 AM #7
supermanlives
Banned

supermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond repute
what about the polar bears
supermanlives is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2011, 02:28 AM #8
igrowone

i hope this can just be about watching the pics, no bad politics need enter
right after, i will phone up obama and convince him to delist mj from the controlled substances list - probably both have the same chance

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:37 AM #9
zymos
Jammin'!

zymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of lightzymos is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303hydro View Post
Does anybody know a forum where you are allowed talk about stuff like this? Obviously they will delete anything to do with global warming or over population or such around here.

here is a graph since 79

Could you maybe tell us what the units are along the Y axis???
zymos is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:44 AM #10
DiscoBiscuit
weed fiend

DiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant future
volume of ice cap?

DiscoBiscuit is offline Quote