What's new

Sensi Seeds Afghani #1 and Maple Leaf Indica

Desert Dan

Veteran
Anyone have recent experience with either of these strains? I am looking for a pure indica that I can harvest late and get stoned to the bone... Eyelid glue. Are these stable? Particularly interested in the afghani.

Thanks,
DD

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Ive grown Affie#1 2X and ive grown MLI every year since 2000.

The afghani 1 sucks in my view. Ive grown probably 10 or more differnt afghan offerings and sensi's Afghnai #1 is the worst in the group. Nirvana's afghan is much better. KC brains is good, Homegrown fantaseeds inst bad but sensi's Afghan 1 isnt much in my book..
It has 2 main pheno's but ive seen 4 overall. Im an outdoor grower and all of the pheno's finish late october. Poor disease resistance, poor vigor, bug magnets, mould magnets - all wrapped up in mediocre potency at best. I have nothing good to say about Afghani#1.

Maple leaf indica is the finest indica sensi sells and is the finest afghani that money can buy off of the internet or retail seed market. Tasekenti, Deep chunck -you name the afghan and its second class compared to the fine qualities of MLI. Outdoors its drought resistant, mould proof, bug proof and afghani tough. Sweet, pinnabple type taste and pure afghan hash red eyed giggles. She doesnt have an equal in my cure room.

Afghani #1 sucks, Mli is a grail plant. No one thats ever grown MLi has been disapointed.

Desert Dan

Veteran
Thanks D.S.... So dump the afghani and double up on the mli sounds like the plan. Have you ever experimented with harvesting the mli extra late?

DD

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
I did once DD, but i considered it to be a mistake in the long run. The reason is that MLI is a happy stone for 30 minutes and then you need to get your pajamas on. (donuts too man!). With 6 months of cure, the stuff is heavy as hell and will lead to serious intoxication. If you smoke 5-6 joints over the day, you'll take on a drunken stupor with real physical and visual impact. YOu will look like a redeyed drunk. Dont smoke it and then head off to church. Hell, its afhghani - dont drive or operate heavy machinery either!

If you let it go long and after it cures IMH the shit is almost unsmokeable. I have holes in my pajamas where i nodded and ground my joint out on my jammies. OOUch!!

My wife loves it for period pain. Buy lots of donuts!

Desert Dan

Veteran
If you let it go long and after it cures IMH the shit is almost unsmokeable. I have holes in my pajamas where i nodded and ground my joint out on my jammies. OOUch!

That sounds awesome DS! I love pajama bud! So what time frame do you usually pull the MLI? And how long for the comatose MLI?

ds toker even in these new days of sensi the mli is still good? everything that sensi puts out now is pure hemp garbage...So are you recomending by recent expierence or just from memorys of what they once were? I have intrest in a couple of their strains but everyone says stay away....

Desert Dan

Veteran
Bumpity bump.... Anybody want to throw some Maple Leaf glamour shots up? I gotta get psyched for the bean purchase!!!

przcvctm

Any experience harvesting MLI early, D.S. Toker? I remember what silverback had to say about the effect. Was wondering if you've tried it.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Toker has said MLI has remained the same. I look forward to your Maple Jelly ^^ Dood. Curious if the BB gives it a more up feeling. I have about 30 days to go with my MLI, very pumped about it.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
ds toker even in these new days of sensi the mli is still good? everything that sensi puts out now is pure hemp garbage...So are you recomending by recent expierence or just from memorys of what they once were? I have intrest in a couple of their strains but everyone says stay away....

The MLI is still top shelf. I'm pissed at sensi for selling me these scamm Early skunk fems that turned out to be a pack of circus freaks! But the MLI is still good.

Ive spokent to the grower that does MLI and he swears that its a good seller and they would never change it. I could tell if they crossed it with anything . JUst like zepplinhood says, its consistent. Ill bet he could tell too.

Yessum, good stuff man!

awesome thank you I was worried I worded my post all wrong I didn't want to sound like I was flaming......thanks for understanding I was just asking in my offbeat way......k+

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Here's a bud pic BBart. I used to have tons of pics but the laptop they were on blew up and i cant get them off.

picture.php

Have Sensi changed their Afghani#1??
Used to be good in the mid 90's!!
I agree MLI is lovely, poss try KC's Afghan as well..

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran

yeah id really like to have some MLI, but im very worried about sensi quality lately also

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have Sensi changed their Afghani#1??
Used to be good in the mid 90's!!
I agree MLI is lovely, poss try KC's Afghan as well..

It was good in the 90's, i liked it.

Tried it a few years ago and it didn't seem anything like the one i grew back then. Wasn't sure if it was just variation tbh.

Latest posts

Latest posts