Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Growers Forums > Indoor Grows - Soil > ProMIX VS Sunshine Mix #4

Thread Title Search    
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Seed Boutique
 ProMIX VS Sunshine Mix #4 Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
flyer

flyer will become famous soon enough
ProMIX VS Sunshine Mix #4

hello, so i did some search on here and have not found any comparison on promix vs. sunshine mix#4.
i have used both in the past before, and using SSM4 now (got a freebie bag from gro-store) and im liking how the SSM4 is growing.
its taking off a lot better than my coco right now.

Now my research is on which medium should i use. promix or sunshine#4. due to both are about the same price. it is a lot cheaper than coco and hydroton. and i dont have to water everyday.

i will be using GH flora series. can add additional if necessarily.
i am planning on going back to soil due to the hot summer weather, and its a lot cheaper setup than hydro. also planning on using 3 gal or 5 gal buckets. (maybe one month veg total)

any inputs are appreciated.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
powerrobbie

I do actually like the sunshine #4 better but there pretty much the same and since the sunshine is 10 bucks more per bale where I am located I always go with the promix because I really don't think there is much difference between the two I like how the sunshine bales are dark black though there much easier to stash in the bush then the bright white promix bags

Last edited by powerrobbie; 06-22-2011 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: left out informtation

Old 06-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #3
Dislexus
the shit spoon

Dislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud of
Why exactly is soil better for you than hydro in the hot summer weather? Your reservoir gets too hot?
Dislexus jest offline   Quote

Old 06-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
RubeGoldberg

RubeGoldberg is a name known to allRubeGoldberg is a name known to allRubeGoldberg is a name known to allRubeGoldberg is a name known to allRubeGoldberg is a name known to allRubeGoldberg is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislexus View Post
Why exactly is soil better for you than hydro in the hot summer weather? Your reservoir gets too hot?
Exactly, think of all those people out there with un-chillable hydro systems, good for growing pythium though
RubeGoldberg jest offline   Quote

Old 06-24-2011, 04:14 AM   #5
Catchin1
Banned

Catchin1 will become famous soon enoughCatchin1 will become famous soon enough
they are

promix,ssm#4 are soil less mixes...........I prefer B'cuzz hydro mix........all you have to do is top feed with these.......so easy...........
Catchin1 jest offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:17 AM   #6
FirstTracks
natural medicator

FirstTracks is a survivorFirstTracks is a survivorFirstTracks is a survivorFirstTracks is a survivorFirstTracks is a survivorFirstTracks is a survivorFirstTracks is a survivorFirstTracks is a survivorFirstTracks is a survivorFirstTracks is a survivorFirstTracks is a survivor
Just noticed while opening a bale of promix bx today...........its panda poly packaging.......white outside, black inside.......

you think they could make a version for outdoor growers with the black facing out.
Or maybe they do, and I just don't know about it.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:20 AM   #7
Dislexus
the shit spoon

Dislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud ofDislexus has much to be proud of
Yummmm... rezzfungi sounds delish
Dislexus jest offline   Quote

Old 06-24-2011, 04:49 AM   #8
megayields
Grower of Connoisseur herb's.

megayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivor
I LOVE my Sunshine #4 (hugs the huge flippin bale)....

I grow and am motivated by the pure genius of Heath Robinson!

The more people I meet the more I like my dog

megayields jest offline   Quote

Old 06-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
supermanlives
Banned

supermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivor
i find sunshine 4 has a bit more perlite
supermanlives jest offline   Quote

Old 06-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #10
tony clifton

Old 06-26-2011, 01:32 AM   #11
OlibanumBreath

I use sunshine.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:10 AM   #12
MIway

MIway is a survivorMIway is a survivorMIway is a survivorMIway is a survivorMIway is a survivorMIway is a survivorMIway is a survivorMIway is a survivorMIway is a survivorMIway is a survivorMIway is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanlives View Post
i find sunshine 4 has a bit more perlite

even over the hp?

these are kinda like coke, pepsi & rc... will take whichever they happen to have on tap... though i prefer coke, uncut of course... none of the extra white stuff... don't need the extra back end drainage... perlite i mean, ya know? ;-))
MIway jest offline   Quote

Old 06-26-2011, 02:23 AM   #13
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivor
I used pro-mix for years until they started adding mycorise to it, now I'm using a product called bm1, it's cheaper than pro-mix and is the same thing really, it does not have the mycorise in it, which really seemed to only invite bugs. I always add about 30% perlite to the mix, no matter what it was.
Hold Your Fire jest offline   Quote

Old 06-26-2011, 02:49 AM   #14
soxaroo

soxaroo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold Your Fire View Post
I used pro-mix for years until they started adding mycorise to it, now I'm using a product called bm1, it's cheaper than pro-mix and is the same thing really, it does not have the mycorise in it, which really seemed to only invite bugs. I always add about 30% perlite to the mix, no matter what it was.

Whats this mycorise HYF? I have used sunshine #4 for quite awhile until I couldnt find any and ever since i've used pro-mix I get some kind of bug infestation also.
soxaroo jest offline   Quote

Old 06-26-2011, 03:19 AM   #15
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxaroo View Post
Whats this mycorise HYF? I have used sunshine #4 for quite awhile until I couldnt find any and ever since i've used pro-mix I get some kind of bug infestation also.
It's beneficial bacteria that they add to the mix. Last summer I found some pro mix MVP. Black bale, only ingredients were peat moss, perlite, and vermiculite. Maybe some lime but I can't remember.
That's why I'm using the BM1, same 3 ingredients, nothing else added!

Last edited by Hold Your Fire; 06-26-2011 at 03:35 AM..
Hold Your Fire jest offline   Quote