Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > ProMIX VS Sunshine Mix #4

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
ProMIX VS Sunshine Mix #4 Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 PM #1
flyer

flyer will become famous soon enough
ProMIX VS Sunshine Mix #4

hello, so i did some search on here and have not found any comparison on promix vs. sunshine mix#4.
i have used both in the past before, and using SSM4 now (got a freebie bag from gro-store) and im liking how the SSM4 is growing.
its taking off a lot better than my coco right now.

Now my research is on which medium should i use. promix or sunshine#4. due to both are about the same price. it is a lot cheaper than coco and hydroton. and i dont have to water everyday.

i will be using GH flora series. can add additional if necessarily.
i am planning on going back to soil due to the hot summer weather, and its a lot cheaper setup than hydro. also planning on using 3 gal or 5 gal buckets. (maybe one month veg total)

any inputs are appreciated.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:57 PM #2
powerrobbie

I do actually like the sunshine #4 better but there pretty much the same and since the sunshine is 10 bucks more per bale where I am located I always go with the promix because I really don't think there is much difference between the two I like how the sunshine bales are dark black though there much easier to stash in the bush then the bright white promix bags

Last edited by powerrobbie; 06-22-2011 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: left out informtation

Old 06-23-2011, 05:27 AM #3
Dislexus
the shit spoon

Dislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really nice
Why exactly is soil better for you than hydro in the hot summer weather? Your reservoir gets too hot?
Dislexus is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2011, 04:40 PM #4
RubeGoldberg

RubeGoldberg is a jewel in the roughRubeGoldberg is a jewel in the roughRubeGoldberg is a jewel in the roughRubeGoldberg is a jewel in the roughRubeGoldberg is a jewel in the roughRubeGoldberg is a jewel in the roughRubeGoldberg is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislexus View Post
Why exactly is soil better for you than hydro in the hot summer weather? Your reservoir gets too hot?
Exactly, think of all those people out there with un-chillable hydro systems, good for growing pythium though
RubeGoldberg is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2011, 04:14 AM #5
Catchin1
Banned

Catchin1 will become famous soon enoughCatchin1 will become famous soon enough
they are

promix,ssm#4 are soil less mixes...........I prefer B'cuzz hydro mix........all you have to do is top feed with these.......so easy...........
Catchin1 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:17 AM #6
FirstTracks
natural medicator

FirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to all
Just noticed while opening a bale of promix bx today...........its panda poly packaging.......white outside, black inside.......

you think they could make a version for outdoor growers with the black facing out.
Or maybe they do, and I just don't know about it.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:20 AM #7
Dislexus
the shit spoon

Dislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really niceDislexus is just really nice
Yummmm... rezzfungi sounds delish
Dislexus is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2011, 04:49 AM #8
megayields
Grower of Connoisseur herb's.

megayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud of
I LOVE my Sunshine #4 (hugs the huge flippin bale)....

NextGen Agricultural Consulting

I grow and am motivated by the pure genius of Heath Robinson!

The more people I meet the more I like my dog

megayields is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2011, 06:46 PM #9
supermanlives
Banned

supermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond repute
i find sunshine 4 has a bit more perlite
supermanlives is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2011, 12:12 AM #10
tony clifton