What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2011 Outdoor: Flavor Soup.

vorzh

HAAAAAAIII! :p
My first outdoor, but, going to be a MEAN one... Those of you who know me are QUITE
familiar with my go big or go home attitude ;). So, here's what's up:
I have a mixture of some babes in 100 gal smart pots, some in 15 gal smart pots, some
straight into the ground (clay), not before refilling their hole with FFOF, dolomite lime,
and perlite.
I have an 8 pot hydrofarm waterfarm NFT/DWC system coming, after integrating a
chiller and rez, it's going outside. That's right, i'm running an NFT set up OUT SIDE...
Should kill it. Strains inside the water farm are: 2 blue dream, 2 mrniceguy, 2
trainwreck, 2 Purple Erkle.
As far as flavors in the ground/smart pots:
Anything that is in the ground (clay) is not yet sexed. They are actually seeds i got
from our boy SHADY. Some blue buddha, SS3, THP, and some mysteries. SInce their
not sexed, i didn't want to shell out the loot for containers/good soil, so, in the
ground they went!
In the big smart pots: Madanuska Mist/Thunderfuck, Purple Trainwreck, Trainwreck,
Grape Punch, Blue Cheese.
Currently on the porch, and Soon to be added into another 8 100gal smart pots: 2
Larry OG, 2 San fernando Valley OG, 2 SKywalker OG, 2 Tahoe OG. Killing it, i know ;).

Already in the smaller 15gal smartpots outside: Blue dream, Madanuska mist.

Oh, there's a 5gal bucket with Hollywood OG in it, in a stand-alone DWC set up... Just
experimenting with different things. Also just transplanted some clones of some
Mrniceguy from a buddy of mine out in mendo. Looking SEEEEXY, also on the porch.
OH and there's a blue cheese in a 20gal smart pot on the porch that i defoliated for
fun to see how it went outside
PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!!! :)

First things first, join the home farming movement! These are the tomatoes out of my
tomato, squash, strawberry, basil, rosemary, pepper garden!

002-2.jpg

Veggies + Trees ;)
003-2.jpg

Birdseye Panoramic:
010-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

012-2.jpg

013-3.jpg

Defoliated Blue Cheese outside in a 20gal smart pot:
009-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Hollywood OG DWC experiment: I had to pull it inside because the water was getting HOT. 90+ degrees... Any ideas on how to chill just ONE 5gal bucket worth of water?
001-2.jpg

Larry/Skywalker OG:
004-2.jpg

Tahoe/SFV OG:
005-2.jpg

707 Mrniceguys:
006-1.jpg

Shit i think that's it... Hoping for a good 50 peters out of all that mess. What do you guys think?
Hope you enjoyed youselves! Stay tuned!

Endur

Veteran
Amazing grow my friend.
Really liking the surrounding mountains. Beautiful country.
Looks like your going to pull quite a few lbs.
I'm Going to watch this grow show.
Peace
Endur

McDank8O5

beautiful views and plants, looks like the Los Padres national forest to me, could be very off though!! Happy growing!

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Yeah man, I think we all want that view! Absolutely beautiful, are you around Tahoe or what (if you dont mind answering)? Plants aren't too shabby either lol ;)

GNUTZ

You can purchase a single water chiller for smaller aquariums that ive seen!? I would imagine you could figure out how to incorperate it into your bucket.

Holy shit what a view...

Major bragging rights... oh you have a view of neighbors back window huh... Well I got F***KEN MOUNTAINS..

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A porch of my dreams....:jawdrop:
With something like that I wish I can be an housemaid and stay there forever....
Really nice selection of varieties.
You made my eyes shine of envy.... :yoinks:
enjoy your paradise, mate!
peace
Dr. P

vorzh

A little Q & A and then we're off for a picture update! :).

Endur said:
Amazing grow my friend.
Really liking the surrounding mountains. Beautiful country.
Looks like your going to pull quite a few lbs.
I'm Going to watch this grow show.
Peace
Endur

Thanks boss, the mountains keep me sane, and yea that's the plan. Thanks for stopping in!

yes4prop215 said:
damn dude overgrowin this shit! thats one hell of a fucking view!!!

Hah, hell yea, you already know! And Thanks

mcdank805 said:
beautiful views and plants, looks like the Los Padres national forest to me, could be very off though!! Happy growing!

Keep guessin

yeoman said:
Looks great!!

I dont think Id ever leave that deck of yours.

Regards,

I rarely do my friend, and when i do, it's well worth it.

therevolution said:
Beautiful plants, Beautiful view, U are living the dream my friend. Best of luck to you this season
Thanks pops. Not quite, but close enough . Thanks for the good wishes.

rob547 said:
Yeah man, I think we all want that view! Absolutely beautiful, are you around Tahoe or what (if you dont mind answering)? Plants aren't too shabby either lol

I can tell you I can make it to Tahoe in 8 hours. That's about as much as i'll say though.

gnutz said:
You can purchase a single water chiller for smaller aquariums that ive seen!? I would imagine you could figure out how to incorperate it into your bucket.

Thanks for the help gnutz. I went with a wooden box for shade first, to see if that works instead.

peteweedseed said:
Holy shit what a view...

Major bragging rights... oh you have a view of neighbors back window huh... Well I got F***KEN MOUNTAINS..

Hah, thanks man. Yea, the view was a major PLUS when we got the spot... not the reason though .

dr.penthothal said:
A porch of my dreams....

You and me both my friend... you and me both.

OKAY! UPDATE TIME!!!!

BEfore we begin, i built a box for my DWC to keep water temps down, looking great!

005-4.jpg

First things first, got the new GH Waterfarm calibrated in and running... no plants in it yet though!

008-2.jpg

049-1.jpg

Also changed out the small airstone in the DWC for this baby:

047-1.jpg

Strawberries anyone?

051-1.jpg

The remains of a pallet after adding another 5 smart pots to the garden!

016-2.jpg

He's shy to the camera, but not to the deer

013-4.jpg

Some closeups....

Shadys SS3:

020-1.jpg

Blue Cheese:

019-1.jpg

Purple Trainwreck.. so sexy, reminds me of that quote from Friday: "And tell your daddy to comb his damn hair! It's like a bunch of spiders are having a meeting on his head!

026-1.jpg

Matanuska Mountain Thunderfuck showing some transplant stress:

028-1.jpg

Already recovering by morning...

013-5.jpg

Just another aerial... we're up to 8 smart pots total in the garden now

010-3.jpg

Some macros, this one is a "Blue Buddha" from Shady as well:

039-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

Green Crack:

031-1.jpg

Trainwreck:

029-1.jpg

OG FAMILY:

004-4.jpg

When life gets hard i pick up that card with the SMILEY FACE... 707 MRNICEGUYS:

002-4.jpg

Hope you enjoyed yourselves... see you soon! :p

maxmurder

Veteran
sweet location. i tried b&w poly one time wraped around pots, white side out hahah. or you could rotate frozen water bottles a couple times a day? looks fun tho.
peas ..
mm:biggrin:

maxmurder

Veteran
...oh yeah maybe summore sfvogk pix? i'm tryin some outside too, was supposed to plant into smarties today but this storm is heavier than i thought soooooo it's interweb catchup time. i did a defoilar on my ladies too but more organic, i put em up on the hill and let the wind tear those fuckers off!::yoinks::cry:
good job on the veggies too man.

G

Ganja D

Dude,I can't get over how amazing your view is. Plants looking good,view is amazing.

vorzh

...oh yeah maybe summore sfvogk pix? i'm tryin some outside too, was supposed to plant into smarties today but this storm is heavier than i thought soooooo it's interweb catchup time. i did a defoilar on my ladies too but more organic, i put em up on the hill and let the wind tear those fuckers off!::yoinks::cry:
good job on the veggies too man.

Wutup max thanks for stoppin in. Hell yea storms have been hella lame past few days... i had a good 2 weeks of hot and heavy sunshine before though so i guess it evens out.

The sfv og is NOT happy outside. After a week of hardening off, they hadn't shown signs of new growth while all the other OG cuttings are doing fine. In fact, the past few days the SFVOG has been wilting outside, so i've brought it insideunder fluoros a few hours a day. It seems to be acting like a non rooted clone, yet it's rooted... some sort of water uptake problem i'd imagine:

030-1.jpg

028-2.jpg

thing said:
Nice land......... nice plan for.. stinky dan.. man.

Thanks :p. Fail to plan, plan to fail type shit... you already know.

Ganja D said:
Dude,I can't get over how amazing your view is. Plants looking good,view is amazing.
You have no idea, i wake up every morning STILL and just sit and watch. The morning makes for good protection hour too, i'll sit out there with a pellot gun and nip some deer in the butt... only if they near the garden though... they're starting to catch my drift ;).

Oh, some good tanning to be done on the hillside too:

Not a full update today, just a few notes.

First thing is i've added some sea salt to the Hollywood OG in the DWC (not the waterfarm).

013-6.jpg

Looking swell, his nutrient solution is now 750ppm of GH 3/2/1, 1300 ppm sea salts, 150ppm PBP.

His structure is a little off. IF you recall she had about 2 weeks of stunted growth due to high water temps (before i built the box), and then i defoliated the SHIT out of her just for fun. Here's a before and after of hot water/defol to good water/sea salts/leaves coming back:

3 weeks ago:

001-2.jpg

TOday:

012-4.jpg

We'll see how that turns out.

My other defoliation experiment is looking awesome. This ones in a 20 gal smartie filled with FFOF:

023-1.jpg

022-2.jpg

Main girls in the main garden got their first foliar today:

1/4 dose PBP
1/4 dose aussie tonic
1/4 dose Dyna Gro Pro Tek Silica
1/2 dose Sea Crop

I'll let you know how they respond.

Last but not least, the 707 mrniceguys. I can't help but feel like they're stunted. Can't figure out what's up though. I got them from a reputable source in the 707, and in fact i went back and saw the rest of the cuttings that i picked from and they were all probably double the size as mine, and still in their original 3" x 3" square pot.. whereas i have moved mine into 1gallon containers of FFOF and they seem to be stunted.

2 weeks ago:

002-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

Today:

024-3.jpg

The roots are starting to peek out of the bottom of the containers, but far from rootbound. I can't explain their lack of growth, maybe you guys can offer insight. Here are some macros, note the formation of preflowers. At first i thought they might be starting to flower, because of their increased use of N (lime greening of the leaves) but they have no evidence of a stretch, in fact, like i said, they're pretty stunted:

005-5.jpg

003-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

001-5.jpg

006-3.jpg

008-4.jpg

009-3.jpg