Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique Vendors > Soma Seeds > Amnesia haze report

Thread Title Search    
Visit Sensi Seeds For all your Genetic Needs!
 Amnesia haze report Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
dr.penthotal
Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit

dr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond repute
Post Amnesia haze report

My dearest ICmaggers,
I light up a big fatty of amnesia haze and I want to share my experience with you.
Soma himself gave me a pack of 5 beans of amnesia haze during CC 2010.
They popped up very fast and vigorous, but unfortunately I lost 3 seedlings due to damping off (it was winter and a bit cold...)
Anyway the 2 plants were vigorous and fast growing.
They were grown in soilbeds Soma's style modified a bit with organic recycled soil.
They were sided by some sativas as companion in soilbeds: SSH, and AH from MNS and some NYCDxG13haze.
They grew like beasts!

Amnesia #4 showed best vigour and built so many flowers in comparison to the other hazes.Tall, lanky plant that stretched 3x and put a lot on every branch. Very branchy indeed, and she develops long colas from every branch,

looking like a candelabra.

Long colas of medium calyxes very acuminated, long kind of colas,

filling up quickly and tending to foxtail. It's like a super foxtailing everywhere.

Very light green leaves, quite sativas anyway.

Tends to withstand some heavy feeding.

She begins to put resin very early like at week 4. Very frosty since then.

Smell is very hazy, spicy, sort of piny-minty and woodsy. Really rich! Completely different from dry wood smell from AH and spicy roundness of NL and skunk found in SSH. It is a fresher sensation, more like when oregano or rosemary hit your nose.
It becomes so nice once lit....
On the inhale she is so straight, sativa like taste of wood and smooth silky spice. On the exhale you'll notice some sparkle of rich incense like spiceness which is incredible.
Air becomes filled with incense like smell, very intense. Not church smell exactly ( I remember an old sensi skunk which was perfect in it) but enriched with tones of sandal and licorice.
I had the honor of tasting some Soma's personal stash of Amnesia during my last visit to him and was quite close as taste to that one. (I admit this joint was one of the best herb I tried in my life....)

High is instant and delivers a strong wave that comes from inside and changes your visual very fast. Very uplifting and cerebral. Nearly no body stone. I noticed it enhances a lot creativity and will to do things, including house cleaning (very hard task for me...)! You can read and study going very deep into things.
This quality is shared with other good sativas I have (SSH, AH, Indian, NYCDHaze) but while others sometimes make you wonder am I high?!? being not sure it did his job, Amnesia let you percieve instantly that something has changed, that you smoked something potent... and I'm high, so high!
Long lasting 2 hours more (I'm an heavy toker), fades off with no will to sleep and let you function all day.

I grew her twice: first time during summer, really an hassle to control temps, used some AC, and she suffered from pollination a bit.
Second run was during winter and she had all cures needed.
14-15 weeks of flowering both times. Might have gone a bit further. High yielder like 105g per plant.

Still I'm in doubt about her parentage. On the package it's written hawaian-afghani, southeast asian, jamaican. Some claim she's and old SSH cut, crossed with evergreen Soma's favourite male Afghan-Hawaian, some say there's some laotian in this.
I definitely see HA male in the plant I have. I became aware of it through my journey int NYCD genetics and Buddah sister genetics. Now I'm running Spice from MNS and well hawaian is surely somewhere in this amnesia haze. There are a lot of stories on this, anyhow she displayed soo good genetics to be a keeper.

Amnesia #5 is a bit smaller and tastes a bit lemony (resembles a bit "Core cut" I tried in AMS) and matures faster. Strong as high, needs some more experiment, though.

I'm so sorry 3 of seedlings died, there might be treasure out there.
A beautiful gentetic anyway, masterfully bred.
Soma, my friend, thank you so much!
I kept it green.

I was lucky this time to find a keeper or 2 keepers out of just 2 seeds, maybe this compensate my bad luck with NYCD grapefruit, even now I'm on the right road for this as well.
Thank everyone for listening and support,
I wish the best moon eclipse for everyone tonight!
peace
Dr. P
HTCC 2011: mate for me your sour diesel was the best smoke from the whole cup , smoothest and strongest high , taste was superb. Ganja Baba
ITCC 2012 - 2nd place outdoor category: NYCDgHaze.
420CC 2012 - 3rd place Sativa category: Agent Orange
420ICMAGcup 2013 - 3rd place Sativa grower category: Agent Orange
420ICMAGcup 2013 - 2nd place Sativa Breeder category: Amnesia haze x agent orange
420ICMAGcup 2013 - 3rd place Sativa Breeder category: Sweet pink grapefruit x agent orange
420ICMAGcup 2013 - 3rd place Indica Breeder category: NYCD x agent orange
-----Catnip seeds Catnip for humans -----

Last edited by dr.penthotal; 06-18-2011 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: fixing pictures thing
dr.penthotal jest offline   Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
Headbandf1
Bent Member

Headbandf1 has a reputation beyond reputeHeadbandf1 has a reputation beyond reputeHeadbandf1 has a reputation beyond reputeHeadbandf1 has a reputation beyond reputeHeadbandf1 has a reputation beyond reputeHeadbandf1 has a reputation beyond reputeHeadbandf1 has a reputation beyond reputeHeadbandf1 has a reputation beyond reputeHeadbandf1 has a reputation beyond reputeHeadbandf1 has a reputation beyond reputeHeadbandf1 has a reputation beyond repute
I love the amnesia haze! nice post
Headbandf1 jest offline   Quote

Old 06-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
gaiusmarius
Supadupamod

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
very nice report
gaiusmarius jest offline   Quote

Old 06-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
azad
Buzkashi

azad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivor
Great report on Soma's Amnesia haze.i tried some Amnesia haze in amsterdam 2 yrs back from the rockerij and it was one of my fav's, i've been searching for the falvour and taste ever since.
I think it may have been the hy-pro cut.
but i've wanted to try Soma's version too...meny thanks

Old 06-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
dimodz
Elite StrainCloneHunter

dimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant future
Good report, unfortunately you can not enlarge the pictures mate

peace
DiMoDz

Full Baked Development & Research Lab

420 Safe Owner & Founder

H
ybridsFromHell

dimodz jest offline   Quote

Old 06-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
dr.penthotal

dr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond reputedr.penthotal has a reputation beyond repute
pictures prob fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimodz View Post
Good report, unfortunately you can not enlarge the pictures mate

peace
DiMoDz

Thank you for pointing this out, my friend! I fixed that, now I think you can see pics normally.
Dr.P
HTCC 2011: mate for me your sour diesel was the best smoke from the whole cup , smoothest and strongest high , taste was superb. Ganja Baba
420ICMAGcup 2013 - 2nd place Sativa Breeder category: Amnesia haze x agent orange
420ICMAGcup 2013 - 3rd place Sativa Breeder category: Sweet pink grapefruit x agent orange

Old 06-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
Hindica

Hindica has a spectacular aura aboutHindica has a spectacular aura about
Great review. I love Haze strains, especially Amnesia Haze.
Hindica jest offline   Quote

Old 06-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
dimodz
Elite StrainCloneHunter

dimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant futuredimodz has a brilliant future
Yeah now i can see your pix

enjoy your AH Stash & have good time with that good stuff

peace

Full Baked Development & Research Lab

420 Safe Owner & Founder

H
ybridsFromHell

dimodz jest offline   Quote

Old 06-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #9
dr.penthotal

Quote:
Originally Posted by azad View Post
Great report on Soma's Amnesia haze.i tried some Amnesia haze in amsterdam 2 yrs back from the rockerij and it was one of my fav's, i've been searching for the falvour and taste ever since.
I think it may have been the hy-pro cut.
but i've wanted to try Soma's version too...meny thanks
Amnesia haze core cut is some really really good stuff.
I got plenty of this in Ams last time and it was really beautiful herb.
Every "non" judge agreed it was core cut. And it was perfectly grown... Thank you Mr haze!
A haze looking lant, quite fat to be so sativa.
HAzy, peppery, lemony clean smell. Very nice!
I think it is an hy-pro cut as origins, but actually it is different from my amnesia and SOma's amnesia haze.
Some told me also that Hy-pro seeds aren't anyway what used and should be sometime ago...

I think Soma outbred this cut with afghan hawaian male, so here are there some differences...
My amnesia #5 is more like core cut anyway, but some less vigorous plant somehow. Same lemony tones in smell.
But is it from a SSH anyway?
I'd like to try also Arne cut someday.
I repeat I was lucky to find these keepers, with my only 2 seeds, a sort of balance for my bad luck with nycd grapefruit...
Crazy herb, but cloudy origins...
some ideas?
peace
Dr.P

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:09 AM   #10
azad
Buzkashi

azad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivor
Dr,Good info thank you,I'm not having anyluck with either hy-pro seeds.and have no chance of acquiring the Core's cut.
Yes you have had good luck finding this super pheno from 2 seeds,looks great.
No clear info where the origins maybe from.I will continue to search for the great flavour.
Respect!!

Old 06-22-2011, 04:55 AM   #11
sweet-emotion

sweet-emotion is a jewel in the roughsweet-emotion is a jewel in the roughsweet-emotion is a jewel in the rough
great report, thanks
sweet-emotion jest offline   Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #12
ChaosCatalunya
Costa del Cheese :)

ChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivor
Soma's Amnesia Haze, truly an amazing plant, so Sativa, yet, so different to the normal halfway to haze woodiness & incense , mine has a lemon/melon aroma and a very euphoric sociable high.

Here is a mother in flower, she did not like the 15h cycle I had my outdoor plants on, and flowered on me, so is outside finishing off right now. Under a 15/16h natural light cycle, she is thinking about revegging, but is also close to finishing properly, it might be a good idea to intervene and force the last couple of weeks to make sure she does not.

I am flushing her, in the hope of sending her to the finish, believing that more nutes now will likely push her towards reveg.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #13
habeeb
follow your heart

habeeb has disabled reputation
well who knows if the AH is a SSH.. I've heard this before, and nevil went on to say jack herer is a SSH... so who knows

amazing pic, and report Dr.

you are putting out amazing work man, keep it up

have fun
habeeb jest offline   Quote

Old 11-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #14
dutchy

dutchy will become famous soon enough
that pheno looks killer...i hope i can get a similar one, out of the regular pack...i bet the fem version from soma is a s1 from the cupwinnig cut from 04 from barneysfarm..?!....their amnesia lemon which is based on the cup winning cut 04 from soma ,is also very nice but nothing can beet the original amnesia haze that has won 04 just a winner for all times in my opinion...i hope i can get my hands on this cut some day...thanks for sharing
dutchy jest offline   Quote

Old 01-06-2014, 01:36 AM   #15
SAMSEED

SAMSEED will become famous soon enough
neville did say that , but it was at the htcc in the 90's , sensi (ben) enterd the super silver haze as jack . but the genetics are close but defo not the same no matter what anyone says imo ,

for me all these plants are differnet
silver haze
jack herer and super sliver haze but have the same parents and are close relations . ;p

peace
SAMSEED jest offline   Quote

2 members found this post helpful.