What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cpl questions about grow tents???

my new tent is in the mail, and ill be moving out of my closet this weekend.

the tent is the
Secret Jardin Darkroom II Pro DR120

the gear going in is a hydrofarm hood, 600 watt lumatek ballast, eye horti bulb,
Vortex 6" Centrifugal Fan 449 cfm, w/ a speedster....and a big scrubber.

i didn't order any flanges tho....does anyone have any good DIY ideas for making them w/ general duct parts from home depot???

...also whats the best way to run my fan, hood, and scrubber...(air-flow wise)??

currently i pull my room air out of the room through the hood ....then thru the fan...then push it thru the scrubber

...any other things that might help?

:wave:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...also whats the best way to run my fan, hood, and scrubber...(air-flow wise)??

currently i pull my room air out of the room through the hood ....then thru the fan...then push it thru the scrubber :wave:

The general consensus on here, and I agree, is that pulling through the filter first is the best way to go. I have applications both ways, and as long as you guard against leaking stinky air, the biggest benefit that I can see is that you can use the pre-filter and get better service life out of your carbon filter if you pull through it.

The general consensus on here, and I agree, is that pulling through the filter first is the best way to go. I have applications both ways, and as long as you guard against leaking stinky air, the biggest benefit that I can see is that you can use the pre-filter and get better service life out of your carbon filter if you pull through it.

im only planning to run the 1 fan, the 1 scrubber, and the 1 hood....how does that scenario work??

....anyone have any thoughts on the diy flanges??

ellio187

I ran four plants through a 206 cfm fan and had good luck under a 400.I pushed for the majority until i relocated and pulled, either way as long as ur scrobber works ur good My tent was slightly smaller than yours.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe this works.

[filter] >>>> [hood] >>>> [fan] >>>>> Exhaust

sub dermal

yes, pulling is recommended...

as rives said, pulling into your scrubber, going through the hood and then exhausting is how i've done it when working with a setup like yours. i've heard that not pulling hot air (fr'instance don't pull from your hood to through your scrubber) is recommended also, just things that you may hear a lot.

you can just buy a flange from home depot. before many tents used sleeves, they just used flanges made of thicker material than what you'd find at a home improvement store.
drill some holes in the flanges' 'plate' part, and attach it to your tent with nut+bolt/washers.

i guess it depends how diy and inexpensive you aim for, you can fashion a flange from many things for different costs...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
possible.
i know that fan has the suck to do it, nearly will suck your walls in. joke.
the speed controller will help that though.
good luck.

i think im gonna run it like this:

Grow-Lab-145L-with-Vent-Kit-interior-1024x682.jpg

any thoughts on that...good or bad???

G

Guest 88950

looks good.

i have my fan attached to my filter and pushing air through my hoods / cool tubes b/c i didnt want to pull hot air through the fan. not sure if it matters but its the way i set it up.

I

Iron_Lion

6" flanges from Home Depot look for start collars or duct couplers.

Start collar
Ductboard%20Collar.jpg

duct coupler
duct-coupler---image.jpg