What's new

what coco do you guys use ?

C

cheesey

ive allways used canna coco but my last pick up the shop didnt have any so i had to get some plant magic coco . i realy didnt want to buy it and put money in uk420 guys pockets but it was the only coco in the shop .

plant magic coco is alot finer than canna coco no lumps at all or unground husk . tbh it looks very good .

after 2 weeks of repotting my plants looking strange yellowing and brown leafs . im feeding with regen a root and canna A/B ph 5.8 ec 1.2/1.4 flashing just like i have done with all my coco grows .
i gave them a feed 2 days ago with some epsoms to see if that will help .

cpl of photos

dgr

cheesey,
Why does your coco look dry? Take a liter of coco, put it in 1.5 liters of water, shake it up and measure the EC. Subtract your water's EC. Is it high?

If those stripes on you leaves are accurate and not an artifact from your camera, I'd suggest some Calmag. Then again, that brown spot could be a phosphorous deficiency.

Are your brown tips since the transplant? I would consider dropping the EC, increasing light or watering more often to keep the substrate from spiking the EC.

BTW, I know it's a PITA to fill out the form in the dispensary. But, you really haven't provided much to go on. At least nutrient regime, watering frequency, RO or tap, pH, where on the plant would help you. For example, if you're watering with high TDS tap water, the calcium could lock out your magnesium. That'd call for epsom salts, NOT Calmag.

Best of luck. I'm gone for a while so hopefully you'll have your solution when I get back.

dgr

oh yeah, Canna or Botanicare here. It's what I can get. I've also used reptile brick coco. Rinse and pretreat. I usually get pale stripes on my leaves at first but they go away. Calmag for the first two weeks seems to have solved it for me.

STUPPA

I had the same problem there was no canna available so had to buy biobizz coco instead, not to keen on it because it comes with some nutes added already, to me that just makes things more complicated.

I dont know if plant magic is the same you might want to check .

Also used galuku coco which grow"well" sell it is alot coarser than canna or biobizz , might dry a bit too quickly in later flowering if used on its own .

C

cheesey

I had the same problem there was no canna available so had to buy biobizz coco instead, not to keen on it because it comes with some nutes added already, to me that just makes things more complicated.

I dont know if plant magic is the same you might want to check .

Also used galuku coco which grow"well" sell it is alot coarser than canna or biobizz , might dry a bit too quickly in later flowering if used on its own .

it dont say much about it

Coco Coir 50 LitresNO heat treatment is carried out on this Coir allowing the
characteristics to remain intact just as it should be. The naturally occurring fungus, Trichoderma, remains evident and is beneficial to your fruiting crops.

This Coir undergoes a special buffering and rinsing process that ensures that the medium is fine-tuned to give outstanding performance in terms of plant vigour, high yields and super healthy plants. This works by making the medium more responsive to our Coco nutrients, leading to better predictability and a faster developing crop.

Transportation of this product to our packing plant in the UK
carries an impressively low carbon footprint.

Using Plant Magic Plus Coco nutrients along with this growing medium will ensure that your crop benefits from the best quality products and gives reassurance to the grower.

think i will bin the rest of the coco and order a bag of canna .

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
i went back to canna after some really bad coco bricks no matter how much i flush the ec goes off the bluelab truncheon scale

bushwakka

this is my first coir grow,its canna coir and using canna nutes,amazed by growth and healthiest plants i've ever grown,i think i'm going to have to raise the light a bit though coz 6 out of 8 are the bushiest i've ever seen and i can se problems with the buds shading each other later though maybe the stretch may sort that,thinking of scrogging them if i'm not toolate to start.
but to answer canna proffessional coco coir

Cana for stability, nicely ground (no trash or husk), and ease of use. I'd say cana is like Copenhagen while some other coco brands are like old school chewing tobacco (real stringy and chunky).

Have had no issue using it straight out the bag with a lil pre-charge first water.

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
Cana for stability, nicely ground (no trash or husk), and ease of use. I'd say cana is like Copenhagen while some other coco brands are like old school chewing tobacco (real stringy and chunky).

Have had no issue using it straight out the bag with a lil pre-charge first water.

:thinking:

I recently got some bricks called mega brick that are pre-treated and are just like you said...very fine and no chunks. The only thing is, I am sick of the brick method and was looking into the canna bags of coco.
What do you mean when you say "pre-charge first water"???

:wave:

:joint:

Buddler

Veteran
:thinking:

I recently got some bricks called mega brick that are pre-treated and are just like you said...very fine and no chunks. The only thing is, I am sick of the brick method and was looking into the canna bags of coco.
What do you mean when you say "pre-charge first water"???

:wave:

:joint:
Pre charge with calmag and mild nutes to satisfy coco needs first and then plants can eat...Plants best ten bucks three cubes gotta hydrate and flush first..ease of use outta bag cant beat canna or bio bizz :thank you: Buddler

loyalty7

get a good coco brand, botanicare,b cuzz, sunshine, etc....
flush with cal-mag, there goes your pre-charged coco, coco is more a less coco, i'm doing croutons nowadays, and there really thriving, best that ive had, looks like the extra air is killing it.

greenatik

did you flush the coco prior to using it?

if its plain coco I would definitely flush it with 5.8 water till water runs clear no matter what brand

peace

Im currently using the GH red mixed bricks, and they seem ok. I have to have everything shipped so I prefer bricks over bagged. I have previously used Crop Circles (profit disks) and those work really well, but the chunks are too large to clone in.

C

cheesey

well my kq clones are fully rooted in 15cm pots of plant magic coco close to root bound , but i can only water every 3 to 4 days unlike canna after 24h the pots would be bone dry .
plant magic coco holds the water far to long . thank god i havnt got root rot from it . 90ltrs of the plant magic coco has been tipped on my garden and 2 bags of canna coco ordered .

Latest posts

Latest posts