Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Growers Forums > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats!

Thread Title Search    
Click for great deals at Seedbay
 HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats! Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #46
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond repute
bud shot from last night. today marks 5 weeks in flower.

brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

HEADY BLUNTS IS CALIFORNIA PROP 215 AND SB 420 COMPLIANT

. c a n n a b i s . s a v e d . m y . l i f e .
heady blunts jest offline   Quote

Old 06-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #47
guest 77721

mmmm I can smell them from here!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:57 AM   #48
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond repute
haha right? actually my filter is starting to struggle with the stank.

i did a sweet redesign i'm excited to build. it puts the filter inside the cab and has the fan pulling rather than pushing (more efficient i've been told). between that and removing the 90* bend i think i'm gonna get a significant improvement in my cab's running temperature.

plus it should be more stealth.

brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

Old 06-26-2011, 06:50 AM   #49
ImaginaryFriend
Fuck Entropy.

ImaginaryFriend is a glorious beacon of lightImaginaryFriend is a glorious beacon of lightImaginaryFriend is a glorious beacon of lightImaginaryFriend is a glorious beacon of lightImaginaryFriend is a glorious beacon of lightImaginaryFriend is a glorious beacon of light
It's a good design...

Pulling vs. pushing is a pretty complex dynamic, with lots of factors. If you want more air to moved from one place to another (and the 'other' place's volume is relatively unrestricted), pulling will generally move the most air. If you have a purpose in moving air--i.e. removing heat, scrubbing--turbulence and air to surface contact time start to be relevant, and there become circumstances when pushing is more effective then pulling.

Specifically, there is a hood company that recommends pushing air to remove the most heat. I should probably have a link attached to such a claim... or a degree in fluid mechanics... but I have nothing to offer.

(Pulling through a carbon filter allows easy access to the dust prefilter... pushing can create a challenging dynamic in where and how to place the prefilter.)
ImaginaryFriend jest offline   Quote

Old 06-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #50
heady blunts
prescription blunts

i installed a small 6" blowing across the floor around the bottom of the cool tube and it reduced my canopy temps by 5-10 degrees! woohoo!

brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

Old 06-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #51
Braddah Smokes

Braddah Smokes is on a distinguished road
Awesome thread my man, can't wait to see what you pull out of there!

Old 06-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #52
heady blunts
prescription blunts

so i had a few days of crazy heat here and it was badly timed with my laziness in which i had stopped my lavender FPE regimen.

DUMB.

had a little mite buffet on two of my lowest branches (the ones in the front of the cab strapped to the floor).

so since then i've gotten in two neem applications and three lavender (over about a week and a half). seems to have halted them, but these branches had the little bodies all over them so i cleared them out for peace of mind.

i won't be strapping things to the floor or gettin lazy on my pest control anymore.
brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

Old 06-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #53
heady blunts
prescription blunts

did a little midday photo shoot 5.5 weeks today

brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #54
self
ready for whatever

self is a splendid one to beholdself is a splendid one to beholdself is a splendid one to beholdself is a splendid one to beholdself is a splendid one to beholdself is a splendid one to behold
Damn!
looks awesome heady.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:20 AM   #55
heady blunts
prescription blunts

brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

Old 07-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #56
heady blunts
prescription blunts

tomorrow will be 6 weeks!

brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #57
guest 77721

They look great. Your space is sure filled up.

Have you been trimming off any fan leaves to get some air and light into the jungle?

Old 07-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #58
heady blunts
prescription blunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgreenry View Post
They look great. Your space is sure filled up.

Have you been trimming off any fan leaves to get some air and light into the jungle?
thanks!

no i haven't really been defoliating this round. last time i did a lot of training and pruning, so i wanted to try a wild run for comparison. i'll get some larf but i've got bubble bags for the trim plus i love the jungle-ness of it
brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

Old 07-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #59
guest 77721

This grow, I selectively pruned off fans that were blocking light to other buds or interfering with the next plant. It made a big difference in bud growth. I'm going to prune on the next grow for sure.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:32 AM   #60
heady blunts
prescription blunts

6 weeks and post #60

alright red, you called me out. i did some much needed grooming, removing unused leaves from the back/bottom of the plant.

also my blue dream got a couple scorched nugs cause it grew into the light sometime today and spent some hours touching the glass on my cooltube. oops

so i figured it was about time to use those last 4" of space i had. gave em all a little shove back (away from the lamp).

i love my closet!

brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant