What's new

Could you help me identify these preflowers please?

Eol

Edit: there's newer pictures at the bottom of the thread, of what I definitely think are male preflowers - thanks

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone could help me identify these preflowers please? The plants are alternating nodes, and currently have about 7-8 nodes.

Plant 1 - I think is a boy

picture.php

picture.php

Plant 2 - I think is a girl

picture.php

picture.php

Plant 3 - I also think is a girl

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

If you can't make them out properly and need more pics, let me know!

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
not so clear cut yet, you need to keep watching them a bit longer before you'll be able to tell for sure. but so far it looks like you said, first one male, then female, but can't see the pistil hairs on the fem yet.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
little bit early and no clean shot for see what is but keep watching soon they turn out better...keep on keepinmg up!!!

Eol

Thanks for the help guys, I'll give it a few more days and take some better pics (will get an actual camera as oppose to just using my phone). At least there's agreement that there is at least one female though, thank god!

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
On second inspection I think you are right about 2 also, though I'm not 100% sure. I am 100% sure with the 1 and 3.

Pine

GanjaPharma

i also think #1 looks like a wee coconut on a stick...male.

watch the rest (i suspect female) for the tiny pistils to emerge

Ripshot

#1 male
#2 female
#3 male

analyisis is not 100%... yet. good pics so far. give us more pics try and zoom in on suspected preflowers and internodes

T

tumbleweed

i think so too
1 male
2 female
3male(could still be a female those things growing could be new grow shoots and the plants sex is yet to come)
ive seen that happen a couple times with shoots growing out where sex parts should be

Eol

Thanks for all the help so far guys. The 1st plant is definitely a male as I've found a few more balls on a stick on it. I'm still not sure about the last two though, here are some pics:

Plant 2 - having trouble distinguishing preflowers from new growth, but hopefully there are some decent pictures here

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Plant 3 - thought this was a female, but I'm pretty sure these pics show balls =(

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also found these near the bottom of the 3rd plant and there are very similar ones on the 2nd plant, are they the male crab claw preflower being shown?

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks guys!

Eol

Here are the similar structures to above, on the second plant. They're like at the very base, third node pretty much

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

If I touch them, a little white thing falls out - I'm assuming that's the underdeveloped pollen sac and thus they are males =(

Thanks a lot

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I honestly don't see anything in any of the pics that is conclusive enough to say one way or the other.

In one picture it looks kinda like a male but a different view looks more female.

I damn sure wouldn't chop any of em yet. Give em another couple days and keep an eye on em cause they look like they are pretty close to telling you.

Eol

thanks stress_test

The pictures I have been posting are from far to far up the plant I think, like 6-8th node. The last pictures I've posted above, are actually from the fourth node and are clearly displaying balls I think =( - out of my pack of ten sour diesels, 4 males, 1 I killed, 1 I runted and 2 duds, got one potentially viable seed left - not good odds =(

Cheers for the help anyway guys