What's new

First time vert: stadium,2k, blumats, K.I.S.S.

Iso

So I upgraded my room about a month ago, it was obvious after reading through this forum I needed to go bare bulb. I put my xxxl hood in storage and hung two brand spank'n new 1k ushio's.
P5030040.jpg

Monocrop: Nirvana White Rhino
This is my 3rd round with this strain, so I'm pretty familiar with it. To be honest, I'm tired of it though. I'm ready to move on to dutchgrown or maybe rez genetics.
P5030036.jpg

These clones are 3 1/2 months from being cut. They were taken from a plant 30 days into flower, after I lost my mother plant. It took about 20 days to get roots in a diy aero cloner, then another month of 24hr light to get back in veg mode.
P5030026.jpg
These things are getting out of control now, I wanted to go 12/12 earlier, but I had to get them acclimated to their new environment. I've also been trying to get the environment dialed in, before I go into flower. The main enviro problem I have is, you guessed it, Heat.
P5030032.jpg
I'm running dimmable lumateks, and have them turned down to 600 right now. If I go any higher my temps soar into the high 80's, but with them dimmed down I stay @ 80-82. I though having an 8" max fan pulling from right above the lights and blowing out the perfectly straight duct would handle it, but I't doesnt. Even with two seperate 14x16 passive intakes getting fresh 72 degree air.
P5030042.jpg
I have a new a/c on the way, but its not looking like it will be here in the next few days. So I am going to just have to do the flip running @ 600.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tagged

tagged

Great setup. Here's wishing you a happy heavy harvest

:tiphat:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Job bro, welcome to the Vert family and just GROW A LOT bro lol.

Iso

These plants have all been topped 5-6 times, and all the branches growing towards the back were chopped. When grown horizontally, she didnt stretch too much, I'm hoping they will stretch even less in this vert set up. I'm runnin out of room, and haven't even started flower yet. The trellis is going up tomorrow, and we will begin 12/12.

bobblehead

Veteran
very nice. Those plants look like they've been vegging for a minute now... You might find those boards warping more as the grow goes on. When I did a stadium I put a bucket in the middle too to help give the shelf more support. Those plants are only going to get heavier! :D

Iso

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. :smoke:

Bobblehead- yeah, I have a spare 4"x4" im going to cut down, and use for support on those boards. I didnt even really notice the warpage until I looked @ the pictures, lol. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yoblamina- the space is 7W x 7.5L x 7H, the canopy is 5W x 6L.

Iso

Can you explain how you set up the blumats on @ different levels?

P5010020.jpg
P5030049.jpg
P5040072.jpg
P5040074.jpg
P5030070.jpg

Pretty simple really, supply line comes out of rez and runs through the entire top shelf, then runs through the bottom row and back into the rez. The highest blumat sits @ 2' and the rez sits @ 54". When I first put the clones in the room, I hand watered them to saturation, then plugged in a blumat and dialed to drip about once every 5-6 seconds. Now I top the rez every 24-36hr to maintain the proper water level for what I dialed in. Make sense?

C

Chris1

Yes it does make sense. Thanks for the info, gonna try a stadium in a 5x5x7 tent.

Iso

update

update

Finally got the trellis net up... definitely "contained" things a little. Still haven't received the a/c, I don't think its even been shipped yet. I tried a few diffrent configurations with my current set up, but I cant seem to keep temps under 91, if I turn the lights up to 1k from 6.

Any ideas why I cant keep cool with this setup?

7W x 7.5L x 7 (370 cf +/-) Room
8" can fan max 675 cfm
Phresh Filter 8" x 24" 750 cfm
2x Honeywell turbo fans on low
less than 10' straght as an arrow 8" outtake duct
2x 16x14 passive intakes(no higher than 75 ambient air)
all this directly above the lights, well except the intakes, there down low...

P5050082.jpg
P5050083.jpg
P5050088.jpg
P5050093.jpg
P5050091.jpg
P5050094.jpg
P5050101.jpg
P5050105.jpg
P5050107.jpg

Wow looking great fam. I think running em at 600 til your AC gets there will be cool. What's your expected yield? Good karma n keep it sticky

Iso

Wow looking great fam. I think running em at 600 til your AC gets there will be cool. What's your expected yield? Good karma n keep it sticky

Thanks man. Both bulbs running @ 600 is still a lot of light, so I know it will be all good in the end. A/c should be here soon, from then on they will be @ 1000w ea., and they will have only been on 12/12 like 5 days @ that point.

I really don't know what to expect as far as yield... I know I got 1.75# out of 16 running with 1k horizontal, and was by no means dialed in. So I'd be happy if I got 4# out of the 25 I have going this time. We'll see...

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Sick setup you got going there, it is going to turn into a freakin' jungle soon. One tip, you will probably need to light seal the AC once it is in. I assume you are running your lights at night to avoid the heat of the day and I know my AC leaked light like a mofo. I took it apart and totally foil taped it but it still leaked light so I ended up using a water based spray paint and painted the styrofoam from the inside. Do not use regular spray paint as it will melt the styrofoam. Krylon H2O is what I used. And welcome to the vert family, we are a great bunch of blokes.

Latest posts

Latest posts