Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > The Library > OG/ Cannabisworld Refugees > Finally some news - RC is out on bail

Thread Title Search
Finally some news - RC is out on bail Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2006, 10:30 AM #1

Finally some news - RC is out on bail

RC has been released

I've heard from our contact that RC has been released
I should have a statement for you soon but I can confirm for now that the servers
were turned off by RC so theres no IP log's
recent report's on Cannabis Culture that RC had fled are totally wrong

for now thats all I have

OP

Old 02-10-2006, 12:15 AM #2

The DEA is not involved, only the RCMP. The charges relate to RC's seed business alone and the servers regarding CW/OG are thus far not siezed.

it has been further confirmed by two other people that know RC and are OG members that
they have spoken to him, I'm waiting for info to post that will hopefully clear up this matter

but for now I think we need to kill the speculation as it helps no one

OP

Old 02-10-2006, 12:44 AM #3

To clarify the charges. "Seeds" are considered part of the marijuana plant under Canadian law (Schedule II of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act)

If you get caught importing or exporting either the buds themselves or significant quantities of seeds, it's considered importing / exporting marijuana, which is exactly what RC has been charged with."

Old 02-10-2006, 01:09 AM #4

as far as we know and from what RC has said the OG and CW servers havn't been touched
and this has mostly been confirmed by various sources during the week inc myself
who have been monitoring the servers and checking them frequently
as far as we can see the servers are still where they were just turned off and RC confirmed he did this before the bust

Old 02-11-2006, 02:41 AM #5

please folks theres enough speculation going on, leave that to mark & co
There is no sell out,their was no data base of customers,theres been no interrogation
I'll have news in very soon but its late here and I'll not get the info till tomorrow
so hang in there, RC has sold no one out and there is no evidence of any investigations

this info was passed to me after I sent the wikipedia link to someone close to the situation
I was told I could post this info to put minds at rest

OP

Old 02-11-2006, 06:01 PM #6

just some news on the above, I've confirmed it first hand

here's what I've been told to pass on
as far as we know the servers are safe and theres moves being made to secure them in the meantime
Anyone that feels they could be in any danger take what actions you feel fit
Overgrow always advised people not to post personal info even in PM's
but were hoping to recover it intact, but this may take some time
but like I said if you feel you have issues please deal with them in the appropriate way

OP

Old 02-11-2006, 08:37 PM #7

some news on the legal position

this is what I was told by a canadian lawyer about the charges
Quote:
since he has a court date, there's some paperwork at least in his hands.
The cops give you a court date before they file anything at all.

Here's how the charging process works, might clear some things up.

1. I get charged last night with murdering Mark Emery by gouging out his eyes with a rusty spoon.

2. This morning they release me from the scene, with a "promise to appear" or a "Summons to a defendant" to appear in court at a certain date (more than a month away usually) and to show up at the station for fingerprints and photographs before that at some point.

3. Someone from the police station takes all the charges laid over the last week or so and swears out "An Information" on each one, which is the document (the "official" charge) that follows you around court. The Information says " on such such and such a day, I killed Narc Emery under this section of the Code....etc. etc. "

4. Someone from the police liasion office takes that pile of Informations down to the court and before a judge or Justice of the Peace, "swears" the informations. Meaning they swear that the allegations are real, and the police wish to procede with the charges etc.

5. the judge or JP signs or stamps it and it then makes its way into the court system and it is added to the docket for the next court appearance.

So, now the only doc is that 4-page "Information" that describes the charges. That's it.

Now, this is assuming they've even done that so far. I've seen them take up to a month even to bother swearing the infos. There is a section of the Criminal Code that says the information must be sworn "as soon as practicable" and that's about a month or so.
and on the charges its self
Quote:
It's bird seed. Even a few kilos of bud won't get you in the paper in Canada.

It'll be interesting to see how they do it. It's not illegal unless it's viable seed and over a certain THC percentage, which means they have to grow it out to prove the charge.

Otherwise it's a fine under the Industrial Hemp Act (Hemp growing without a license)
please folks we are on top of this and posting what we can when we can
and all the speculation and bullshit are detracting from the real issues

OP

Old 02-12-2006, 11:34 PM #8

latest update

RC isn't allowed to use the internet as a bail condition
and any statement made on his behalf could breach his bail
he has to speak to his lawyers to clarify what he can say
but so far this is nothing other than a seed bust for importing/exporting seeds
this is a local RCMP matter and no other charges have been made and no DEA involvement has been mentioned

OP

Old 02-26-2006, 12:57 AM #9

further Update from RC

he has confirmed to me his arrest number that I can easily check on Monday
he also gave HT the same info and told them to post it so that will end a lot of the bullshit
when I told him about all the conspiricy theory's he laughed and said well let them ramble on
it will all come out and we'll see who was right
and in regard to POM's claims to own Overgrow he thought that was really funny
as far as we know the servers are still safe dispite recent actions by idiots
but this will need to be confirmed later when we can have them checked
but for now its the same message be safe not sorry

I can say he sounded good and his kids were playing in the backgroung and he says
there taking his mind off of this, and keeping him occupied
he also said he has a fight on his hands but hopes of a good outcome and looking to the future

the call has put my mind a lot more at ease
and I hope that the message is that we will get the data back and OG will rise again
hopefully intact and we can see where we go from there

OP