What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is This Apollo 11 Genius? Identification thread

I

Iron_Lion

I read some where that Apollo 11 genius has zig zag nodes.
So would that mean this is A11 Genius?
I had this pop up in some A11 F3's I made, and it looks much different than all of the other A11's I've had.

picture.php

tokinblackguy

From what I gather, the crazy angular branching is one indication of Genius or should I say Genius like characteristic. I never grew the clone but I did some of Rez's G4 some years back and had a ridiculous branching pheno like you describe. The branching becomes more apparent and pronounced in the clones. My pheno was lemon zest instant eyebrow sweat inducing but pleasurable and focused at the same time. Hints of citrus and orange also came through on popcorn sized fairly dense nuggets when trained in a scrog.

Good luck with these, you have one of my all-time fav's in your possession.

S

Señor Chang

I've heard that the angular branching is an indicator of Genius too.
Would that mean that A13 (P75xGenius) potentially could have angular branching?

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Heres a REZ A11 G4,i grew out.
sorry i cant help with the zigzag node trait of the Ginius pheno.i only popped 3 seeds..

Solidopc

I'm not convinced that is genius. I had the same questions when i was growing A11. But mind were all like yours, which looks just like the alternating nodes you get on any cannabis plant when it reaches maturity.

I've seen pictures that show the zig zag pattern of the genius, and it really stands out as different, whereas yours looks normal. Not to piss on your parade, i never found a genius pheno either, but the smoke was still good.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, I have read alot into genuis pheno description, and have some text info saved..

but off the bat, I would say no.

I have seen alot more zig-zag branching then this pheno you show. and I hear another classic trait is you have to have support or it will fall over. another is is branches out like no one's business, along with the zig and zags in the side shoots

to me, if you want a genius pheno ( never smoked the genius pheno ) but have read enough to come tot he conclusion is you want a light clear headed "genuis" feeling plant with no anxiety, it's all in flo. I have some apollo F2's, but every time I go to pop them, I'm like, no way will they ever compete with a DJ plant, and a plant like flo

I hear one of the biggest downfalls of apollo is tolerance , so with this aspect also, flo wins. I just can never seeing this plant be able to keep up with flo, remember I have never smoked apollo 11... this is off the info of nights gathering info as I was wanting what apollo 11 described like, but then after all the thought put into it, I was like.. I already have that and more.

but back to your question, I might not be able to answer it, but grow it out and see how she smokes against your other apollos. but for keeper status that it's a really genius leaning pheno, my vote is no. also take into consideration what plants you breed with to get these F3, as it doesn't sound like you picked zig zag phenos to breed with... what you ultimately end up with is a variant..

Ulysses

I'd say take some clones.

The man is on his f3 generation, he has seen a few Apollo phenos- just my guess...

It's all gonna be in the smoke effect. Hope you'll continue to make seeds with her!

I

Iron_Lion

I'm not convinced that is genius. I had the same questions when i was growing A11. But mind were all like yours, which looks just like the alternating nodes you get on any cannabis plant when it reaches maturity.

I've seen pictures that show the zig zag pattern of the genius, and it really stands out as different, whereas yours looks normal. Not to piss on your parade, i never found a genius pheno either, but the smoke was still good.

You're not pissing on my parade, all input is good input.

Im not saying it is or it isn't, that pic is shitty and I need to take another one, or come back with more pics when it is further in to flower. It's only on day 4 12/12 and its pretty abused right now but its bouncing back. I'll get a better pic if I can, the plant looks like it has scoliosis, I'll even get a pic of the more common pheno type I have found as I have one of those going right now too.

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
The apollo 11 genius pheno does display early alternating branching. In my experience with a11g she started alternating branches nearly from sprout. Most strains will begin showing zig zag branching after maturity but i have never seen one do it as early as a11g. Not sure if this is an apollo 11 trait or a genius trait though.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a lean to the Genius side, but that's about all you can say at this point.

My A11 f2's all have the zigzag, some more pronounced than others, but there's just as much C-99 in there too. (dead-on pineapple in early flowering)

:2cents:

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is the only pic I could find in my albums of Genius in veg. There were a lot of shoots pinched off the plant already at this point.
It can become much more unmanageable than this. See how the sideshoots fall once they are long enough. Structure is one aspect of finding it from seed, the head is the most important if Genius is what you are looking for.
picture.php

RM

I

Iron_Lion

Here's a few more pics I took of my other A11 plant which also shows the same zig zag branches.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

a little more sensitive than other plants in the room
picture.php

PPP

oo I missed these new pics, they look like my genius zig zag branches few years ago but I lost my photos.
remember that my genius did early zig zag.

but how we know what is really genius, if that zig zag is common later generation..?