What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fulvic acid side-by-side comparison

album.php
Hi all. I was going to do this comparison anyway, so decided I might as well post it for the good of the masses. I'm using Bio Ag Ful-Power (fulvic acid) applied anytime the plant receives nutrients(when not receiving nutes they get RO water). These are clones from the same Sensi Northern Lights mother. Normally, I SOG them, but these accidentally began to flower on me so they've ended up much bushier than usual. Anyway, here's the info:

Light: 600w HPS with Adjust-a-Wing reflector
Medium: 2gal grow bags filled with 2:1 mix of peat/perlite. No lime added
Space: 4ft x 4ft x 6.5ft generic grow tent
Temps: Day- 75 to 85*F. Night- 65 to 75*F
Humidity: varies between 50-70%
Genetics: clones from a Sensi Northern Light mother
Nutes: custom nutes,fed dtw, with elemental N-P-K-Ca-Mg of 160-50-300-180-50(typically fed at 80-90% strength)
Five of the plants will also receive 20ml/gal of BioAg Ful-Power every time they receive nutes.
Initial Size: All plants were 12 -13.5in tall when flowering was initiated. Six of the ladies were flowered on May 2. Two other on May 5 and one on May 8. Shorter plants are positioned in the middle, as well as on books, to create an even canopy.

The plants in these pictures were introduced to flowering on May 2. The close up is of the largest(middle) to show perspective. These are receiving the fulvic acid.

Attachments

• FULVICCAP.jpg
    FULVICCAP.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 156 3009
    156 3009
    76.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 52FULCAP.jpg
    52FULCAP.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 52FULMIDCAP.jpg
    52FULMIDCAP.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 12
The first two pictures are of plants that began flowering on May 2. They are not receiving fulvic acid. Again, close up is of largest plant(middle).

In the third picture, the left plant went into flowering on May 8, the other two on May 5. The right plant is the only one in that picture not receiving fulvic acid. Close up is of largest(middle) plant of this group.

Attachments

• 52NOCAP.jpg
    52NOCAP.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 52NOMIDCAP.jpg
    52NOMIDCAP.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 58F55F55NCAP.jpg
    58F55F55NCAP.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 16
  • MIXMIDCAP.jpg
    MIXMIDCAP.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 17

popta

Wow you're helpful thanks.:tiphat:

This couldn't have told you anything even if the OP had finished the story man.

Take two clones and grow them using the exact same program and one could still yield twice as much as it's neighbor. They're plants, not adding machines. There's a good amount of chaos and natural variation involved in their growth.

Because of that it's not possible to learn anything by growing two plants side by side and feeding a magic potion to just one of them. Say one ended up bigger than the other, cool. Was it because of the potion or because that one was going to the bigger one even if you fed them everything the same? You have absolutely no way of knowing.

To really know if an additive helps, hurts, or does nothing you need to run lots of plants to average out the natural variation between individuals. For example a room split into two sides with >50 plants per side. Use your potion on one side only and run a cycle. That side yielded more? Cool, run a second cycle but switch which side gets the potion. Now the other side yielded more? This is the only point where I'd believe the results were telling me something about the potion rather than variations in the plants and environment.