Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > BUDDER MAKING MADE PUBLIC

Thread Title Search    
Click for more info about Red Beard Extractors
 BUDDER MAKING MADE PUBLIC Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2006, 07:03 AM   #31

Here's a quick explanation (it's basically dried REALLY GOOD honey oil)

It takes BUDS to make budder of this quality with ISO, tops preferably, of a super-crystally strain (ones with lots of terpenes seem to do it well)

rinse #1
the product, frozen buds, previously pulled apart to individual nugs (each about marble size), are put into a 4 cup pyrex measuring cup (2/3 full), and frozen iso is poured into it (enough to cover the buds, stirred , and drained immediately into said sieve/filter setup (holding back the bud while letting alcohol drain)
rinse#2
again fill the measuring cup with (fresh) frozen iso over the same batch of buds, this time crunching a little bit of the bud, and again drain
rinse #3
again fill the measuring cup with (fresh) frozen iso over the same batch of buds, this time crunching them fairly well, and again drain

remember, keep your rinses seperate (i have 3 or 4 stations set up with sieves/filter ready so I don't have to wait or slow down, at the end you can decide @ what point the rinses are impotent, or have color, or taste bad, allowing you to maximize not just yield, but potency. (some of us custom tailor our rinses, #1 & #3 together, etc., as they all produce adifferent high.

this is what I consider 3 rinses.

Remember, this can easily produce a dark, poor tasting product, the process MUST be done extremely fast, all 3 rinses in 15- 30 seconds.

The key i found in success was allowing normally dry buds out for several days in a dry, warm environment, until they are light colored, and puff into dust when squeezed.
It should be that dry, get rid of as much of the chlorophyl before hand, and the extreme rinsing has that much less of a chance to pull it out.
this is also why everything is frozen, the iso has less of a chance to soak into the plant material, the coldness and dryness and the broken up state of the buds all help in allowing as much crystal to be washed off the plant as possible.
I found #1 rinse isn't as good as when U add #2 and sometimes #3 to it. there is something to that, as well as increased yield.

typical yield off 28 g. of excellent bud - 3.5 - 4 g. of budder, although I've seen up to 5 g. on some peoples weed (where are U now) Although most strains give less than 3, and plenty of so called killer strains won't even "budder up'. By this I mean the final step, when it dries into paste from a liquid state, and the color changes to very light, even white some strains, the crystal is so pure. adding the second rinse to 1 really helps. typically I would get 1.5 g. off #1, about the same off #2, and less than 1/2 of that off #3 (1/2 - 3/4 g.)

butane yields more, up to 50% more in some cases.

Last edited by tug; 02-19-2006 at 07:11 AM..

Old 02-12-2006, 07:08 AM   #32

pics

Last edited by tug; 02-12-2006 at 07:14 AM..

Old 02-12-2006, 07:10 AM   #33

more pics

Old 02-12-2006, 07:17 AM   #34

after you have nice thick honey oil, heat and stir is the trick, 140 degrees F., if your buds were good enough, you might have something like this......

Last edited by tug; 02-12-2006 at 07:22 AM..

Old 02-12-2006, 07:20 AM   #35

FROM STASH TO HASH IN A FLASH

Old 02-12-2006, 08:36 AM   #36

rad writeup , great shot's

Old 02-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #37

thanks again for making this info public for everyone tug

some of my friends are blown away by the quality smell and texture i get usin this method

ive got this pic still from my first budder attempt which went well ... i used reg shit 80$/14g = approx 2.5 - 3 g oil

Old 02-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #38
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tug

typical yield off 28 g. of excellent bud - 3.5 - 4 g. of budder, although I've seen up to 5 g. on some peoples weed (where are U now) Although most strains give less than 3, and plenty of so called killer strains won't even "budder up'. By this I mean the final step, when it dries into paste from a liquid state, and the color changes to very light, even white some strains, the crystal is so pure. adding the second rinse to 1 really helps. typically I would get 1.5 g. off #1, about the same off #2, and less than 1/2 of that off #3 (1/2 - 3/4 g.)

so what if some "killer" strains wont budder up? doesnt make them any less killer does it now.... seems you imply that its not really killer cuz it doesnt make budder , which seems kinda silly.... budder elitist, if you ask me..

Old 02-12-2006, 01:24 PM   #39
Dr.Ganja
trichome lover and a fine cooker too!!!

Dr.Ganja is on a distinguished road
well tug thanks very much for the teaching!!!
one question, what do you think it's better bho or iso?
thanks to the BUDDER GURU!!!

JAH BLESS!!
Dr.Ganja jest offline   Quote

Old 02-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #40

start with bho, then re-dissolve in iso, if you want to use iso.

Old 02-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verite
Nothing wrong with the post, just your method of evasiveness when it comes to answering questions about it. If your going to bother all capping a post titled "Budder making made public" and use the same methods of not answering the questions about how it gets to the " budder up " stage then sorry if I ended your long dramatic pause. Hell even in the Reeferman thread you still didnt answer the question and someone else did. Why title a post with the word "budder" in it if all you are going to do is explain to people how to make oil?

http://www.reefermanseeds.com/forums...ead.php?t=3367
if i remember right, the threadstarter did the exact same thing in overgrow. he made the thread, then a sentence for the 1st post, and didn't explain anything about what his thread was about. i wanted to smack him in the face for being stupid, and i want to do the same for how he managed this thread...c'mon man

Old 02-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #42
vend
coco-clan

vend has a spectacular aura aboutvend has a spectacular aura aboutvend has a spectacular aura about
issent budder just whiped oil?

COCO CO-OP l
vend jest offline   Quote

Old 02-12-2006, 07:00 PM   #43
headees

headees is a glorious beacon of lightheadees is a glorious beacon of lightheadees is a glorious beacon of lightheadees is a glorious beacon of lightheadees is a glorious beacon of lightheadees is a glorious beacon of light
Ive heard ISO leaves an undesirable taste in the oil that cannot be removed with any amount of purging, so wouldnt washing your BHO with ISO "taint" the final product? Also would a hot water purge while extracting the BHO have any noticable beneficial effects if you did do a ISO wash as well?
headees jest offline   Quote

Old 02-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #44

Just seeing if there was enough interest to spend the time.
This isn't the only forum I'm on, and there's only so many hours in the day.....

I think that's false, perhaps the person who told you that was using something else that they thought was the iso contaminating their oil.
I use Iso, no taste of iso if you evaporate it all.

Budder elitist......
I actually notice that if the oil isn't top notch quality (but close), there is a bit of not-so-nice taste and harshness, this is where 'buddering up' becomes important as that taste can be almost nullified by achieving a 'budder' state.This was more important when I was using a hot-knife, before I had my vape. A vape takes away that harshness, and some of the taste.
If it's killer, like the stuff you make HMK, I'll smoke it as glass and smile......
(hope that gets HMK's mood off of 'irritated')
Notice how easily the G-13 came back for you? Same with the watty for me, some other strains are even better.

And yes, budder IS just dry bho, qwiso, but getting that state means having control over your cooking, and knowing what to look for!

The yield is dependant on several factors, butane generally yields more than iso, but you have less control over how far you cook it as it boils off at room temperature.

Listen
Everyone knows someone, or has something better, or doesn't like the way I post, or has some other sort of issue.

I started the 'budder' posts in the first place to give this info away after seeing the backlash against budder from what the BK has been releasing.

For all those that care, yes, there is only a minute difference between making oil, and what I'm illustrating here as 'budder making', but that difference is essential!!!!!!
Budder is an emulsion, do you make cream, or merangue in your kitchen? Most people don't, and if you don't know how to do it properly, it's not that easy.

For all those that complain over my attempt to help, thinking this is about ego, or attention (Verite - U reading this?), FUCK OFF.
I'm behind a computer for f@*# sake, there's no glory or attention, I could care less what you think.
This thread is for people with a good attitude who want to learn and chat, maybe make some new friends.
I don't think you'll have to worry about that last part.

Anyone who thinks budder isn't all that, or is easy to make, come up with something that looks like THIS every time, not once in a while, or dark stuff that tastes bad.
This is pure resin, no contaminant, and it tastes like the strain did......

Real 'budder' is creamy, not dry, flaky, oily, or hard. It has the texture of margarine, or...... butter.

Last edited by tug; 02-12-2006 at 11:08 PM..

Old 02-12-2006, 10:29 PM   #45
Dr.Ganja
trichome lover and a fine cooker too!!!

Dr.Ganja is on a distinguished road
is it hard to find iso???
thanks!!

JAH BLESS!!
Dr.Ganja jest offline   Quote