Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique Vendors > HortiLab Seeds > Souramnesia - HortiLab

Thread Title Search    
Click for Hydro Grow LEDs!
 Souramnesia - HortiLab Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #31
gaiusmarius
Supadupamod

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
to be honest i'm a bit behind schedule, due to the new lines not cloning well. i have been really lucky with cloning the last 3 times, but last batch i got loads of losses. so now i don't think i even have 1 of each cloned. so i will probably just flower the seed plants, taking another batch of clones off each one and hopping for the best. flowering space is empty so i'll fill half the space with the clones that made it and the other half with the seed plants including the SA.

i wonder if the plants stems were still too hollow to clone? because the few AfghanDiesel i cloned have all rooted normally with the exact same treatment. i'm hopping now they are more mature they will clone better. if not then i couldn't have kept them anyway so it won't matter, lol.

i did tell you it would be a while before i get to the flowering, but we are getting there, one way or another....
gaiusmarius jest offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #32
HortiLab

HortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant future
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiusmarius View Post

i did tell you it would be a while before i get to the flowering, but we are getting there, one way or another....

2011 9th Legends of Hashish Dinner Hashish Cup 3rd Place - StarBlood
2011 24th Hightimes Cannabis Cup: Seed Company Indica Cup 2nd Place - StarBud
2010 23rd Hightimes Cannabis Cup: Seed Company Hash Cup 1st Place - StarBud Meltz
2010 23rd Hightimes Cannabis Cup: Sativa Cup 3rd Place - Sour Power
2010 Spannabis Champions Cup: Indoor Bio Cup 2nd Place - StarBud
2009 22nd Hightimes Cannabis Cup: Indica Cup 1st Place - StarBud
2009 IC Mag 420 Cup: Breeder Indica Cup 1st Place - StarBud
2008 IC Mag 420 Cup: Hash Cup 1st Place - Bubble Bobble
2008 IC Mag 420 Cup: Breeder Indica Cup 2nd Place - Cheese

HortiLab jest offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #33
gaiusmarius
Supadupamod

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
well it seems some 3 phenos of SA made roots after all, the 2 that didnt root look like they are male anyway. i did take another batch of clones from each SA seed mum and will put the SA seedmums in flowering in the next day or 2. pics coming soon...
Old 08-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #34
gaiusmarius
Supadupamod

update

man i don't know what the hell is wrong, but i never had so much trouble cloning as i am with these 3 new strains im testing. at least some 3 souramnesia clones made it first go, but at the same time my older genetics are all rooting normally. i'm at a bit of a loss to be honest. anyway here some shots of the survivors...

the three plants on the bottom right side of this pic are 2 phenos of sour amnesia

so in the end i had to use the mums to fill up the rest of the flowering space, not to lose any more time.

the twins, souramnesia 1 and 7

so its the last day of veg in these pics, took them a couple of days ago so we are on day 2 of 12/12 now. won't be too long now and we'll see some bud for all this waiting. i think i will try one last time to make clones from some lower branches of these in a week or so. maybe once the weather cools down again a bit.

peace out
Old 08-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #35
~Shhh~
JETS

~Shhh~ has disabled reputation
I have good strike rates when taking clones 10 - 14 days into bloom, not quite sure why but I usually have higher % of success when doing this.

What else you got on the tray then GM? May have to get the whip out on that unruly girl there... a lil tie down maybe in order lol

peace
~Shhh~ jest offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:14 AM   #36
gaiusmarius
Supadupamod

the plants with no tag are all my afghan diesel, i made these clones as an afterthought while making the Sour amnesia, cheese s1 and happy bro bx clones. i made some thing like 50 clones plus those afghan diesel as extras just in case kinda thing. the 2 plants with orange tags the furthest away are the 2 cheese phenos that did root without rotting and in the middle with orange tag is the one and only happy bro that made it.

i think i will take another batch of clones 12 days in to 12/12 like your saying, have also noticed such clones rooting faster. and it would be a shame not to be able to run any of them again if i find keepers to my liking. but what can i do, if i have to make 5 clones for every 1 survivor, it is too much hassle. but i'm still hoping for the best. if i can't keep them, i will have space to start the killer queen redux i recently got gifted by DG.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #37
HortiLab

HortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant futureHortiLab has a brilliant future
Sorry to hear about your cloning trouble gaius~.

Hope you find a nice keeper & are able to keep her...if not...I am sure the KQ will be a blast, too...this strain has always interested me since the cannabisworld / Vic High days.

2010 23rd Hightimes Cannabis Cup: Seed Company Hash Cup 1st Place - StarBud Meltz

Old 09-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #38
gaiusmarius
Supadupamod

greetz again Horti,

well things have been moving along, i have a feeling i worked out the cloning trouble, but only time will tell for sure. i noticed those rw cubes i used were much denser and harder then what i normally use. trying some simple water cloning now as a last resort to try keep hold of the genetics.

in the end im down to 2 females,1 was one of the plants that grew out of that twin seed. of the few clones that survived 2 were a male pheno lol.

further more, i discovered some pests, after not checking on them for about a week. so added to the fact that im flowering the moms that were never ment to be flowerd it was all a bit ups and downs.

this one was small due to the male twin in the same pot taking all the space and light. as soon as i chopped the male, she started to prosper.

here we have pheno 5 in clone form.

i still have 5 seeds, so at some point i'll grow them again, specially if my space is finished and ready.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #39
~Shhh~
JETS

~Shhh~ has disabled reputation
Up n downs of cloning aye gm! Glad you got some a couple girls to try out.

I haven't done a good run of clones in a while as been trawling through a few seeds and getting clones from mates.

I'm planning on trying out some peat pucks and a bubble cloner to see which one I prefer... Used to do rw cubes myself, had a dense batch too! Not grodan ones, they just came with white plastic around em without a logo. Had bad luck in them too bro...

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out as bobbleheads one's look straight bomb!

~S
~Shhh~ jest offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #41
HortiLab

Greetings gaius~,

Good to hear that you left your cloning troubles behind. Curious how those remaining "Sour Amnesia" girls are preforming in your coco setup?

Happy growing!

Old 10-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #42
gaiusmarius
Supadupamod

update:

like i said 2 of the clones that survived of SA were males in the end lol. but still i have 2 females from the 5 seeds, so that's about right. one pheno is looking to make monster buds, while the other pheno is going a bit faster. smell on them is incredibly good. i so can't wait to puff some of this. i'm growing some cheese s1's in the same space, and you can still smell the SA clearly.

slow fat pheno no7

faster pheno no5

clone of fast pheno no 5 that made it through my cloning nightmares only to be attacked by thrips......sigh...

slow pheno no 7

fast pheno 5 xmum
Old 10-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #43
gaiusmarius
Supadupamod

ps: i have a copy of pheno 5 in veg that also managed to survive the cloning problem. now i'm just hopping the slow pheno clone i took during flowering will also survive. that one looks like a wonderful yielder.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #44
HortiLab

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StRa View Post
Really nice flowers mate!
Word! Happy to hear that you like the "Sour Amnesia" smell gaius~!

Old 10-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #45
gaiusmarius
Supadupamod

finally you looked, lol. actually i need to take some more pics, they are developing very well, even with all the hitches and problems along the way, they are now packing on bud like there is no tomorrow.

i have SA pheno 5 saved in veg, now i just waiting for the pheno 7 to root. i'm really thinking a space packed with those 2 phenos alone would be real cool. time will tell, but i'd like to see them run in a bit more space.....this thread might be going for a while yet.