What's new

Potent Green's 1000w Medical Jungle

PotentGreen

Welcome to my Medical Jungle
Things have changed...
Quit my job (at a collective I now find VERY unattractive), and I'm full time gardening. New and better things are coming into my life. Woo hoo :dance013:
A new collective grow has been started. This collective in the making has the intentions of providing flower, clones, edibles, and other cannabis related items to those with medical recommendations in the form of a delivery service. Things are still getting put together right now. Anyways that sort of stuff won't be discussed on this thread. Let's get to the new set up.... :woohoo:

So since this is now my job... I sacrificed some more room...

picture.php

Went and dropped a little over $300 on a GrowLab 145 from a good hydro store I know around here. 4.9 x 4.9 tent - need to cut the connoisseur part of my garden out and go for production..

The tent....

picture.php

Real shiny, good... good. Bottom of tent.

picture.php

Top of tent. Rods for filter/ducting/fan support.

picture.php

1000 watt HPS in cool tube with reflector hung with pulley cords for easy raising/lowering.

picture.php

Not sure why this shot turned out so dark, maybe flash accidently turned off? Anyways, ducting to air cool light, exhausted through high point in tent..

picture.php

Small 3 speed fan to stir things up...

picture.php

And a 12 inch standing, oscillating fan. 3 speed as well. Oh yeah and almost as many plants as the tents going to be rockin...

picture.php

This tent is dope.... Because of these little windows :)

picture.php

That's all for now. I've gotta run. Lots more info soon regarding the strains in the tent and what the growing methods will be. I love my job.

PG
p.s. Check out these hydro sour bubble stems! All that undergrowth will be trimmed tonight at lights on..

picture.php

PotentGreen

The strains....

Pretty much all I've done is up scale for production. But always has to be quality.
Have 4 platinum purple (sour diesel x purple urkle) trees added in the mix. Hoping for a very dialed in, heavy (as they can take), feeding schedule, maybe even a monster yield ;)

Some more pre 98's were also thrown in, 5 more on deck in the vegg cabb.

I know I' missing stuff so please, ask questions if you find something is left out.

In the land of aeroponics....

picture.php

Things are coming slower than I thought because of this new grow up grade, but they are coming along nicely, never the less.

picture.php

All grow updates will be posted on this thread. Things are gonna get wild.
All plants past week 2 in flowering stage will get removed and fluromite will hit the tent, followed by neem or dr. doom a few days after. Getting serious :)

PG

p.s. check out this platinum tree. Big ass thing got super cropped to fit in the SUV ha! Broken kneck :(

picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Dude, Full Time Growing.... LOVE it.

I wish you much success on your new journey, stoked to see the new tent, can't wait to see what you do with it.

How's the aero going?

PotentGreen

Dude, Full Time Growing.... LOVE it.

I wish you much success on your new journey, stoked to see the new tent, can't wait to see what you do with it.

How's the aero going?

Thank you much MileHighGuy I'm so stoked about this new job. A tad nervous about the whole idea of caregiving. Gotta provide top notch bud, all dayyyyy. Thinking this tent will be able to hold me over until I move and really do what I'm trying to do.

Aero is going good, went to the hydro store today and bought 5 more EZ cloner sprayers. Need more... sprayage ;) :dance013:

Gonna upload some pics of the nancy botwin at day 54 or so...

PG

PotentGreen

Nancy Botwin Glistening :dance013:

picture.php

She grew ALL over the place haha, had to get staked up a bunch

picture.php

This shit is kinda frostyy eh ? ;)

picture.php

picture.php

PG

PotentGreen

The white russian

white widow x ak-47

picture.php
picture.php

Snipped off the stems then jarred up ;)

picture.php
picture.php

Should be some good sativa smokeeeee, mmmm, racey

PG

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Yummmy Buds.... I use those Bamboo sticks too!

I've been adding silica blast to my hydro, but I have those bamboo sticks to tape to the bucket if needed at the end.

And from the looks of it, you'll have no problem being an excellent caregiver, It's clear that you care about your plants. :)

PotentGreen

Yummmy Buds.... I use those Bamboo sticks too!

I've been adding silica blast to my hydro, but I have those bamboo sticks to tape to the bucket if needed at the end.

And from the looks of it, you'll have no problem being an excellent caregiver, It's clear that you care about your plants. :)

The buds smell yummy too ;)
Thanks for the good vibes man, I really do care about these plants. And I really do care about the health of the people, that will be smoking my products :) My same techniques will be applied even though production will be upped. Long flush times, individual care, you know.. connoisseur style ;)

PG

PotentGreen

Back to fill some things in....

So earlier I intended to discuss the strains I'm working with but didnt really touch on it much. I have three platinum purple mini trees (had 4, one got culled dut to mites) this Sour Diesel x Purple Urkle cross stretches quite a bit, as it leans towards the sour diesel lineage in terms of how it looks. Beautiful plantstructure, and the diesel bud structure too. Just gets the purple color and a very uplifting body high from the urkle. :jump:

Right at lights on, after a fluromite spray down

picture.php

The PP's take nutes moderately, gotta remember not to overdo it with the fucking AN sensi. By the way, those PP's got hit with fluromite because they were transported from another site and they had a slight mite infestation. Super rough. Treating with neem tommow before lights on (All plants past week 2 in flower get NO spraying, they are removed from tent). :moon:

The rest of the tent will be A LOT of Pre 98 bubba kush. A heavy feeding, extremely potent, 100% indica strain that holds a very special place in my heart ;) This happens to be my favorite bud. Kinda hard to get it to yield heavy (shitty since I'm going for production) but MY "patients" will be toking on the best.:dance013:

picture.php

Some flowers early on Pre 98 clones...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Group shot.... nancy botwin finishing up in bottom right corner ;)

picture.php

Lastly

Got my Vortex cooling my light. No filter yet, thats tommorow..

picture.php

Gonna go check the vegg cab out.

PG

PotentGreen

The Vegg Cab

Currently I've got a small seedling project going on. 9 Purple Twilight's that were popped awhile ago (gotta check my notes). Vegg lighting is a combo of CFL's, 400 wat MH and when they are needed, two T8 tubes.

The bigger plants in the pic are pre 98 clones on deck for the tent

picture.php

Sour Bubble Mom filling out under a CFl

picture.php

And a tray of SB clones...

picture.php

Alright everyone. Work time/smoke time

PG

PotentGreen

A little more about what's happend... and what's going on

Got time for a bowl of SB bx3 and some pictures...? :)

picture.php

So the collective I used to work for had all sorts of fucked up shit going on and was run by people (person*) who don't know SHIT about this industry. Nor do they care to learn. All about money money money. Well anyways, my buddies (and some of mine)genetics were over at the THAT collective operation. Needed to make sure those greedy bastards and their fucking nice ass set up that they put no work into, didnt get all our babies. So there was a rescue mission.... Out with that bullshit, in with the new collective. And our babies are coming right along with us. Anyways, check out some of these monster platinum purples..

picture.php

picture.php

Haha, big plants eh? Check out the pre 98 army...

picture.php

picture.php

Three SUV's full of plants were rescued and our currently being flipped in a few set ups throughout all of us who are kinda working together to achieve the same things.

Aeroponics

All EZ cloner sprayers.
All good...might need some pvc pipe extensions to get more coverage..

picture.php

Smoking time.

PG

PotentGreen

Bored...?

Here's some more information on my grow...

I transplant rooted clones into small containers with Happy Frog soil. I like happy frog because its not hot at all and allows me control what's going into my plants more precisely, and it also doesnt give any leaf burn to younger clones or more sativa dominant plants that like less nutes.
When I firsted started growing I would transplant directly into pots with FFOF and paid for my mistakes soon after. Burnt leaf tips, nasty leaf curl, all the fucked up stuff. Flush, flush flush! --> Use Happy Frog now... :)
I've noticed that even my heavy feeding indicas (pre 98 bubba comes to mind) enjoy the happy frog a little more than the FFOF at an early age. As long as I introduce them to their grow nutes on time :)

My simple transplant from Happy Frog to FFOF...

picture.php

When a vegging plant in a small happy frog container needs transplant, I can tell from numerous things. Often the heavy feeders will start screaming for nutes (as if the've sucked the Happy Frog dry), while others' vertical growth will slow-letting me know the roots are filling that small container up REAL fast.

picture.php

Mmmm I like me some super white roots.

picture.php

picture.php

Sprinkle a lil of THAT!

picture.php

picture.php

I like to let me ladies get a little thirsty before a transplant. So the the new environment is EXTRA chronic for them :)

Smaller pre 98 clones that hit the bloom room got topped to increase yield hopefully?

picture.php

Sorry if no one cared about all that. What can I say, I'm very stoned, and.. well fuck, this is my thread lol :dance013:

PG

silver hawaiian

Veteran
PG

Interesting to hear your experience (and satisfaction) with the Happy Frog. I got a bag to start my veggies this year, and ended up putting some rooted cuttings in it too (mixed with ProMix), ..

Everything that I put in the FFHF (aside from the veggies) freaked right the heck out. Took me a couple weeks to put two-and-two together, but when I did, I took 'em out of the FFHF mix, got off as much of the medium off the roots as I could, and put 'em into a mix of FFOF/EWC/ProMix, .. And since then, everything's been MUCH better.

Maybe I got a lousy bag...?

(And FWIW, I was chatting with it about the guy at the store, and he had a similar experience, .. Weird)

But, as they say, if it ain't broke.. ;)

Jam on man :dance013:

PotentGreen

PG

Interesting to hear your experience (and satisfaction) with the Happy Frog. I got a bag to start my veggies this year, and ended up putting some rooted cuttings in it too (mixed with ProMix), ..

Everything that I put in the FFHF (aside from the veggies) freaked right the heck out. Took me a couple weeks to put two-and-two together, but when I did, I took 'em out of the FFHF mix, got off as much of the medium off the roots as I could, and put 'em into a mix of FFOF/EWC/ProMix, .. And since then, everything's been MUCH better.

Maybe I got a lousy bag...?

(And FWIW, I was chatting with it about the guy at the store, and he had a similar experience, .. Weird)

But, as they say, if it ain't broke.. ;)

Jam on man :dance013:

Different strokes for different folks i guess.
Yeah I dont claim Happy Frog to be the best, it just works real well for me :) Drunk right now but woould love to talk soil with ya another time.

PG

PotentGreen

Some personal smoke.... and an experiment

4 Sour Bubble bx3 clones sit under at 400 w hps on day 33 of 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

Check out the back left plant, and the front right. BEAST stems. These plants are directly underairstone ;)

picture.php

picture.php

Some bud shots.... (day 33)

picture.php

picture.php

That's it for now. Be back later folks

PG :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts