What's new

White Widow & Kosen Rufu - UK Outdoors 2011

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hi All,

I have been away from these forums for some time but i'm back doing what i love best.

I used to do Micro Grows using a 70w Hps and kept bonsi Mothers and the occational plant on the Balcony of my flat.

a lot has change for me since i was last here.

Brought a house, had two loverly Kids & got my advanced certificate with the RHS (somthing i was thinking about doing when i was last here).

The new house has a big garden but needs a lot of works, but that will be another thread.

This year i will be growing only a few plants outdoors which will be.

Kosen Rufu (Petrolia Headstash x Cripple Creek x Vietnam Black) gifted to me by Friendly Friend.

White Widow These are selfed seeds i made from a cloan originaly from Femaleseeds.nl

nothing to show yet as they are only babys.. but heres some pics of what they look like.

Kosen Rufu (grown on balcony 2008)

White Widow (grown under 70w Hps 2006)

will update with this years progress when things start getting bigger.

Eggy

Last edited:
Easy m8, congrats on all the changes.

Good luck with the plants, I`m gonna be putting a few ladies here and there very soon so will enjoy your thread.

take it easy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Morning Folks,

Thanks for the replys everyone!

IWannaTokeNBone: Kosen Rufu was made by a old time friend from the US on ICMag i'm not sure he's here anymore though. Does really well outside in the UK tends to have two Phenos the one i'm hoping for is the one that goes a little purple when the weather gets colder in September.

Here some pix:

Seedlings

Kosen Rufu close up

White Widow close up

The others are some Bagseed i saved years ago.. I cant remember what it was but i must of had a reason at the time to save them.. think they could be either a Cheese type skunk or Haze.. time will tell, I've never grown Bagseed before so quite excited to what they will come out like.

as my seeds are 6-7 years old i've had some germination problems hence the age difference between plants.. trying to get another Kosen Rufu to take of so i can have two of each. I had 5 White Widows but have just gone with the strongest two.

Thanks again all of stopping by, I hope that we have more nice weather to get things moving.

Eggy

Last edited:

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Nice start eggy.
The kosen rufu sounds interesting and the ww is a good producer. Had some fms ww outdoors last year that outperformed everything else. Although there was a bit of pm at the end due to wet conditions but overall a nice od strain. Ill be watching....

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hey dude thanks for stopping by. what's the p in pm... I'm guessing something mold? I was a bit worried about the ww as she took 10 weeks indoors so i'm looking end of oct. The kf in the pix was begining of oct but even that had a bit of mold on the bud that over hung the balcony was a wet autumn in 2008 if I remember correctly. Ever heard of putting asprin in the water? Fingers crossed we have am indian summer this year.. Surly we deserve one after last summer?

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
PM= Powdery Mildew
I had to pull her about a week early as a result but most of the pm was on the leaves and not the buds themselves. Never tried the aspirin myself but i did give them one good milk bath last year to kill some of the pm spores. Diluted milk at a rate of 1/10 sprayed on the plant. Seemed to keep the pm under control.

Big Eggy

Veteran
I had problems with grey mold on the buds exposed to the wet weather so hopfully a mix of this asprin water & milk spray might help.

At the time i was growing lambs lettice in a tray and that was affected by Powdery Mildew but it didn't seem to jump to the MJ.

Anyhow here's a quick update, not a lot happening. Bit of tip burn on the oldest Kosen Rufu and the cotyledon are yellowing a bit.. Could be that we'v had some cold nights (2deg C) and windy days.

Seedlings - 03/05/11

Kosen Rufu - 03/05/11

White Widow - 03/05/11

Bagseed - 03/05/11

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Well a weeks gone by so here's a quick update.

I should have probably mentioned at the start im at 52° North.

when i started this grow i aways planned to have 2 of each strain at this stange which was easy for the WW & KR as there were clearly stronger seedling out of the plants i had. However the bagseed was a little more difficult they were very uniform and healthy looking.

But over the last few days one of them has offered herself up for the slaughter due to a deformed stem.

Bagseed Runt - 10/05/11

Here's the rest

Kosen Rufu - 10/05/11

White Widow - 10/05/11

Bagseed - 10/05/11

and that's about it.. i'm still not happy with the colour of the plants but putting this down to the cheap compost i'm using. When i pot them on in a couple of weeks i'm going to buy some better stuff and will add a good dose of Fish/Blood/Bone.

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
hey Kips0n,

Thanks for stopping by.. they will be potted on into 7Litre pots (50% compost 50% Topsoil with added sand and some fish/blood/bone) over the next few weeks size depending. i'll they will stay in them untill they show sex then they will be going into 40litre bags to flower.

The site is just some waste ground in my garden south facing (Lucky me) so they get full sun from about 8am to 8pm.

I only plan on flowering 2 or three of them.. and may have to cull some of them early depending how my Mrs get on with them.

If thats the case i might run a poll on which ones should stay and which to go.

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
A quick updat:

yesterday i decided to cut the plant numbers down again to three plants, a little earlier than planned [an olive branch to my Mrs].

So i've kept the two Widows as they seemed the best out of the six and i know they are females, and the oldest Kosen Rufu. The Bagseed wont be going forwards as the root development was a little weak comapred to the other plants.

All three keepers have been potted on into 10litre pots with what i hope will be an improved budget soil mix which consisted of:

Mix
30 Litres - Wilkinson Veg Gorwbag (bit of sawdust in this???)
10 Litres - John Innes No. 2
10 Litres - Focus Payless Garden Soil
10 Litres - Focas Payless Multi Purp
2 cups (aprox 140g) - Fish/Blood/Bone
plus each pot had 3 handfuls of Vermiculite.

picture.php

I omitted the sand this time as i John Innes was fairly sandy and i'm going on holiday in June and dont want them to be too free draining. but i will be adding sand and washed grit for the final bags.

Will update with pics tomorrow to keep in tune with my weekly shots.

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Okay a quick weekly update on the plants..

They are much happier in the new soil mix and i can see the colour coming back into the leaves after only two days so i'm very happy with that.

as mentioned above i'm down to just one Kosen Rufu and two White Widows.

Kosen Rufu - 17/05/11

White Widow (A) - 17/05/11

White Widow (B) - 17/05/11

and that's about it until next week.:wave:

Eggy

Hoots

Love the look of your 2008 photo of the Kosen Rufu.

Looking forward to seeing them grow, have a good one!

Big Eggy

Veteran
Thanks hoots, Didn't really put much love into that grow (2008) but still produced some nice smoke.. grew some out in 2009 which would have been better but we moved house in September of that year so it had to be chopped before finished (still smoked it though lol). Last year i grew four out but had a big row about the plants and ripped them in a fit of rage (they were in the ground and were getting very big so fair fair). This year i hope to keep things nice and tight.

Although i'm worried that if we have a wet september/october i'm gonna be screwed as i dont have any cover for them and the Widow is gonna need till end of October at least, So if anyone can enlighten me on any good sprays or how this Milk / asprin thing works it'd be much apricated.

Following your grow too.. really intrested what you can achive all the way up there.

Micronewb thanks for stopping by! i think your the first of the guys i chat to here.. Hope your plants are doing well? Edgey's done a top job with them.

Eggy

E

edgey

i've been popping in and out of this one but looks like i'm here to stay lol :)

nice growing so far , shame you can't grow all of them out but three's better than none at all .

sub'd

edgey

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hey Edgey.. Yeah I count myself lucky with 3 lady indoors is a Nazi. Should have probably kept the two KR's as I know they'll finish by the first week of Oct but I was worried i'd get males as i've been way to lucky in over the past few years.. Law of averages says I was due dudes. If the one i've got is male thats cool as I will cross it to the ww and replenish my aging seed stash. I think were gonna have a hot autumn this year after the last few crapy summers.
I'm gonna go auto's next year I think and maybe a few in the field behind the garden.

rocket high

Veteran
Looking swell eggy

your lucky to have fields at the back of your garden that could be a good potential grow spot for the future if the wife keeps on your back about doing them in the garden.

man i think you should keep the "pimp hand strong" and grow whatever amount you feel is safe or don't tell her and hide some out of her way ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts