What's new

DaPurps grows ICE & Skunkman Freebies

DaPurps

Greetings.

I am making this thread to showcase the FMS Ice and Skunkman Mixed Freebies. I have one Ice plant in 5gallons of soil and 1 Skunkman in 1gallon of soil both in their 3rd week of flower. I have a second Skunkman female still veg'in in 2.5gallons of soil atm which I am debating on flipping next Saturday.

I grow in a closet area about 3.5fx4f using a 1000w bulb.

Here are some pics to get up to date.

picture.php

3/21/11 I put her into the 5gallon
picture.php

Around the time of flipping 12/12
picture.php

End of week 1
picture.php

End of week 2
picture.php

In the top right corner is the Skunkman female in flower, better pics of her with next weeks update.
picture.php

This is the Skunkman female in veg, might flip her next Saturday if room opens up.
picture.php

picture.php

I have 2 other Ice seedlings going that are about a week old, that are sceduled for the next round.

Any questions, flames, or comments welcome :ying:

Picture updates of plants in flower will happen every Saturday, I will update this log until I am done growing Female Seeds Ice.

DaPurps

I am not using a scrubber yet. I cool my closet with a 24in boxfan exhaust and oscillating fans on the plants.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
...this ice gonna be huge homie, i'm also interess to watching sam the skunkman..sound good..pull out a chair n'pop corn fo su!!!

Oshay

Very nice work , I'll be sticking around to see how these turn out being grown by someone with experience, I've also got three sam skunkman's in there 2nd week of flower now plus two dame blanche's. Check my album for picks. It's my first ever grow so they stretched way to much due to lack of knowledge on my part but we live and learn.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for doing this. I as others have a pack of freebies and would like to know what to expect if I plant them. The flowering Skunkman plant looks very nice btw.

DaPurps

Very nice work , I'll be sticking around to see how these turn out being grown by someone with experience, I've also got three sam skunkman's in there 2nd week of flower now plus two dame blanche's. Check my album for picks. It's my first ever grow so they stretched way to much due to lack of knowledge on my part but we live and learn.

Sweet, I haven't seen anyone else flowering them yet unless I have overlooked them. I will check out your thread.

Serioussmoke, the closet is in my bedroom, I leave the door open during lights on and temps stay below 85. When I get an inline fan to exhaust the SuperSun2 hood, temps will drop further. I also have not turned on the AC yet.

Thanks for dropping by everyone !

I see what your saying with the closet opening I have been leaving my closet open and that in itself keeps the room with the rest of the house. how do you deal with odor?

DaPurps

I don't. Luckily it's not a worry for me atm. I plan to add one in time for peace of mind.

This plant started throwing nanners, I just noticed today. I'm going to pull it out and chop it. Of all the bagseed I have ever run, this is the first to throw nanners.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is two Fem Ice seedlings

picture.php

Pic update of Flower plants tomo.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey dapurps i see in your buds coming out few nanners so when you see this only now coming or from many days? and what you can do ?
i have my white widow in flower and 2 week before coming downside few banana and i spray with water all plants because i scare for hermy pollination, now looks good and no coming more but i find in her both of seed downside in the lower buds but just a few seed..in the other plants after check meticolous i don't find nanners banana or seed ..
in this white widow i think i get hermy flower cause this..

DaPurps

First day of Week 4:

This Skunkman Female has been held back in veg to gain size, tonight will be night 1 for her.

picture.php

Here is the other Skunkman after 3weeks:

picture.php

picture.php

FMS ICE:

picture.php

The 3 plants together, with 1 bagseed in there finishing up:

picture.php

Killerweed. About those nanners. I had just noticed them that day, and I have already chopped that plant to avoid any problems. I had never seen or experienced them before in all of my grows so I do not know the cause.

Oshay

oh and i must say your skunkman is looking killer mate, mines in there third week and yours look so much fuller than mine, Do you think its cos i had alot of pre flower stretch?

DaPurps

What are nanners?

It is the plant trying to pollinate itself and go hermi. Ontop of a few of the buds were these little things that look just like banannas, there is a close-up pic showing them above.

My skunkman's have been LST'ed since early in life and I think that is what give me the fuller plants. I stop all LST once flowering starts and let them go on their own, but during veg I train a little everyday to shape them.

Thanks for droppin by !

Sorry if I already asked this. but a few more question. What size are the plants your tossing into flower? when is a good time that is... Also didn't know about nanners before this thank you for showing me. how early do you LST? do you havea picture of a plant youhave jsut started on LST? I wanna do it but still am a little unclear what needs to be done.

Oshay

Oh ok yeah im familiar with the banannas but didnt even think "nannas" would have been short for banannas, my bad.

Well what ever your doing it's working well mate, Will be hanging around to see this one out.

Peace and Good Vibe's

Oshay

DaPurps

Sorry if I already asked this. but a few more question. What size are the plants your tossing into flower? when is a good time that is... Also didn't know about nanners before this thank you for showing me. how early do you LST? do you havea picture of a plant youhave jsut started on LST? I wanna do it but still am a little unclear what needs to be done.

Previously I have been flowering small plants, but "IF" I ever get popped by the man, I'd like to keep numbers down. So, this round they are going into flower about this size, this is the Skunkman#2 that will start flower tonight at lights off.

2.5gallon Trashcan.
picture.php

picture.php

You can see I cut off branches ahead of flower that I know will not make it to the top. I make the plant my bitch and get what I want, her stem laying ON the soil to get more tops. Most of the stress is done in VEG, all the LST, main prunning, topped. The only stress in flower will come after 2 weeks in, I do a little lower popcorn pulling.

THIS is the current ICE plant we are watching the day I started LST on it, you can see it's size at that time.

picture.php

To get started in the LST, just bend her top over so it is pointing down. I pull it down farther every few days and move the tie up a few nodes as it grows.

DaPurps

Here is a Day 21 of ICE pic without the HPS

picture.php

See ya'll with more pics next week. :) She should start packing on some weight now, she is already frost as all get out ! Even the big fans have frost already.

D

dramamine

Nice plants! Wonder what the Skunkman brought you....just never know, huh? Good growing to you...peace

Latest posts

Latest posts