What's new

Sea Green by Beneficial Biologics- sample

love2gro

Anyone ever use this stuff called Sea Green by Beneficial biologics? Seems like good stuff. You can get a free sample on there site too.. Just click the link at the top menu.

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Bump- this stuff is great, for those of us who have tired of making things ourselves. Very concentrated so the cost ends up being about $.15 to treat a gallon of water.

peace-

Dig

F

Funion

Wrote them twice. Never heard anything from them. Writing this off.

S

SeaMaiden

Bump- this stuff is great, for those of us who have tired of making things ourselves. Very concentrated so the cost ends up being about $.15 to treat a gallon of water.

peace-

Dig

Discuss? Never heard of it, but you know me and how I love the sea.

T

TribalSeeds

I dont care whats in it! Didnt you see the side by side?! Fucking amazing.

I didnt want to wait for them to get back to me about the free sample so I just ordered as much as I could before the secret gets out.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't care if it killed your Grandma. It got rid of those bugs and my plants grew like crazy.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
http://www.beneficialbiologics.com/ is their website. Primordial Solutions is the company name.

I might have to give it a shot. I've got two buddies who've tried it and they are ranting and ravin about it lately.

There is some interesting stuff found within the SlideShare thing on the left side of their website.

T

Toes.

What is it?
Sea Green

Sea Green is a proprietary poly-cultured cofermentaion extract with humic acids, biosurfactants, and various organic food sources to support diverse soil biology and nutrient uptake.

proprietary is such a fancy word.

Is there beneficial bacteria in Sea Green? I've heard rumors...

Well... to this question we ask you to take a look for yourself under a microscope. You may need to dilute the stuff ten times to even allow light to pass through FYI.

I don't own a microscope... now what do I do?

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
proprietary poly-cultured cofermentaion extract with humic acids, biosurfactants, and various organic food sources

So, it's their recipe, with lots of stuff brewed together, containing things you'll find in earthworm castings, aloe and plants that probably grow in your backyard.

Wheeee

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Here's a description about their True Blooms product:
The reason True Blooms will help guard against mildews and mold is because of all the groups of bacteria it contains. Once those are sprayed on the plant, they colonize and take up all the space so mold and mildews cannot 'set-up' shop so to speak, because there is no space for them. Also, a little leaf drooping may occur immediately after initial spray but that will go away and the leaves will eventually be pointing up at the sky with happiness! Yay!
Sounds like some pretty magical bacteria indeed!

MSRP - $440.00 per gallon

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
proprietary is such a fancy word.

I don't own a microscope... now what do I do?

Don't worry about it. The guys who have jumped into this game are selling you information they seem to have yet to learn themselves. e.g. In this video the wiggling and squiggling described appears to be Brownian motion, something which fools many microscopy novices. It is a factor of the movement of water molecules which make it appear that 'pieces of organic matter' are moving or vibrating. They say 'look at all that activity!' Actually they are just being moved by water molecules. Believe me; I was fooled at first 15 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muTxPXoAOjE&feature=em-share_video_user

As I recall they use one field of view to declare this is a fungal dominant tea.

Do you really think this shows the expertise required to culture diverse bacterial species? At least they do not blather the usual stuff about mysterious powers of microbes.

To establish that I am observing motile bacteria/archaea, I look for directional movement. To establish that I am observing non-motile bacteria/archaea, I look for structural formations such as chains or sausage links or very distinct rods or long strand bacillus or actinobacteria.

I've said it before but if you are seeking a microbial soup to inoculate your soil with, then just seek out the product with a clear label with the species and spore/culture count listed and choose the cheapest one with the highest count. There are a few labs in the US & Canada which are pumping out these soil bacterial and fungal spores for various companies to mix into their 'proprietory' concoctions and slap on their label.

If I wanted to purchase such a product, I'd look to the companies which provide for professional land scapers & lawn care companies.

love2gro

The Sea-Green is great stuff. it is a salt mitigator and is not 100% organic. from them:

It is actually formulated almost completely of OMRI certified organic materials and is mostly food grade even. It is not registered as an "organic" product. There are a few things in it that are not considered organic. If you are using it on a certified farm it will be flagged. The "non organic" substances in it will be utilized by the soil microbes as food and will not cause toxicity.

The problem with "inorganic" farming is that the elements (Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Sulfur, etc...) introduced to the soil are unbalanced and the plants don't take up the elements in the same ratios in which they are being put into the soil. These excesses cause the soil foodweb (bacteria, fungi, nematodes, etc...) to become disturbed and creatures then die. Their absence then causes more excesses and allows pathogens to move in.

Try as people might, creating an NPK and minerals that are balanced is impossible as each plant is different and each soil foodweb is different... invariably there will be excesses that reach toxic levels. It is only by supporting the soil biology that this ideal balance can be obtained. Adding the right biology or supporting the existing healthy soil biology allows for the elements mineral salts to get taken out of their salt form and turned into amino acids, enzymes, etc... which are organic compounds again.

Sea Green is made to improve the soil and to be a true "fertilizer" as it makes the soil more fertile.

Thanks,

Seth

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can see that this dialogue may be meaningful to some, however to me it is mostly empty words with not a lot of foundational substance but as I always say, if it floats your boat....

S

SeaMaiden

At least they're saying straight up you can't use it as part of a certified organic program.