Thread Title Search    
Click to Upgrade your account
 the high from edibles Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 04:06 AM   #16
Barn Owl

Barn Owl has a spectacular aura aboutBarn Owl has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanlives View Post
i have made lots of edibles. all of them have for me had very sedative effects. at the worst i get really stoned and fall asleep. i used a mexican sativa i have been working with for 9 years and made butter. 6 oz per lb butter. this shit is hippie crack.first run is 3 oz butter to bannana bread mix. this shit is keeping me up till 3 am and thoe old lady thinks i am back on the coke or meth. all i can say is wow. i have never had any up effects from edibles. HAVE YOU?
I actually like hybrids for this reason. A strain that is too up can really go on for a while. A racy sativa can really make you feel bad if you are the type that gets very self critical and paranoid. The up surge of the sativa is very good, but the indica effect grounds things pretty well. I just made Green Crack edibles which I found very pleasent. Very up without the paranoia.
Barn Owl jest offline   Quote

Old 04-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #17
MissGreenDreamz
Banned

MissGreenDreamz has much to be proud ofMissGreenDreamz has much to be proud ofMissGreenDreamz has much to be proud ofMissGreenDreamz has much to be proud ofMissGreenDreamz has much to be proud ofMissGreenDreamz has much to be proud ofMissGreenDreamz has much to be proud ofMissGreenDreamz has much to be proud of
We call that a "Hippie Speedball" here in the NW. Normally a bong rip chased with espresso is par for the couse amidst foggy mornings on the puget sound, and this version here looks damn good The best part of waking up... is budder in your cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by In~Plain~Site View Post
Morning

MissGreenDreamz jest offline   Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:53 AM   #18
inreplyavalon
breathe deep

inreplyavalon is a survivorinreplyavalon is a survivorinreplyavalon is a survivorinreplyavalon is a survivorinreplyavalon is a survivorinreplyavalon is a survivorinreplyavalon is a survivorinreplyavalon is a survivorinreplyavalon is a survivorinreplyavalon is a survivorinreplyavalon is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGreenDreamz View Post
We call that a "Hippie Speedball" here in the NW. Normally a bong rip chased with espresso is par for the couse amidst foggy mornings on the puget sound, and this version here looks damn good The best part of waking up... is budder in your cup?
Thats familiar! Here in Norcal we call Yerba Mate and bong rips, hippie speedballs. Ancient practices spanning states...

I made some Olive Oil infusion today for a friend, wanted to sample it and give him an idea of its potency. I used 5-6 ounces of bud/popcorn for the 51 ounce, 1.5 liter bottle. It was some Hazy Jones that had been vacuum sealed for about a year.

I wanted to start small because i dont eat a ton of edibles and have a respectful caution when entering that wavelength. I usually make and eat butter or things i make with the butter. Yes i do sometimes just throw marble sized bites of butter to melt in my mouth, but only straight out of the freezer. YUM.
Though my friend is a chef and wanted it in oil form. So I started with a measured Teaspoon of the oil straight into the mouth. Unlike the butter i make, this tool a good 1.5+ hours to kick in. I was surprised cause the butter sometimes hits me in less than .5 hours. So i am in the garden feeling good, when all of a sudden the lights intensify, the fans get louder, and i realize that simply by turning on some music, i may be transported somewhere. So i follow my instinct and next thing i know my concentration and awareness is no longer spread thin but instead focused like a laser beam. Brought me right to my present moment, and for the next five-six hours, whether i was talking to someone, or going through my daily tasks, i was doing it with an awareness and completeness that just felt so good and healthy.
Blessed be the sacred herb in all its forms, and lessons that it bestow upon us.
inreplyavalon jest offline   Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #19
lil skunk baby

lil skunk baby is just really nicelil skunk baby is just really nicelil skunk baby is just really nicelil skunk baby is just really nicelil skunk baby is just really nice
O.k. i REALIZE THIS THREAD IS 3 WEEKS OLD BUT I thought someone might see this and give me some advice. My best gf is looking for a "sleep aid "that will knock her out. She wants to wean herself off zanax. I suggested she start smoking mj as she reduces the amount of zanax until she reaches the point where she is just using the mj only. In her situation, smoking is not an option. I suggested she put a little in a gelatin capsule. I have only ingested it once in my life and that was eating a brownie. I cant remember how much was used, it was so long ago ,but I slept like a baby.
She on the other hand has never smoked but about twice her whole life. Needless to say , she hasnt built up tolerance. With her personality, it could be a disaster if she gets paranoid or anxiety. Can anyone tell me how much she should try? Half a size 00 gel cap? or 2 or 3?
lil skunk baby jest offline   Quote

Old 05-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #20
greenmatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by In~Plain~Site View Post
Morning

now that is the breakfast of champions ...... don't forget to eat your weedies .......... fuck bruce jenner

Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #21
teemu shalanie

teemu shalanie has a brilliant futureteemu shalanie has a brilliant futureteemu shalanie has a brilliant futureteemu shalanie has a brilliant futureteemu shalanie has a brilliant futureteemu shalanie has a brilliant futureteemu shalanie has a brilliant futureteemu shalanie has a brilliant futureteemu shalanie has a brilliant futureteemu shalanie has a brilliant futureteemu shalanie has a brilliant future
I eat cannabis almost every night my buddy makes me vegan edibles from coconut oil, I usually eat 2 cookies per night to help with pain/help sleep, for a non-cannabis user I would try a half to full cookie max depending on body weight.not sure on the gel-cap thing......but edibles are mos def strains specific as someone mentioned.......
TS
teemu shalanie jest offline   Quote

Old 05-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #22
auto guerilla

how long does the average high last cus last time i made browny's it lasted like 6 hours... seems like a long time lol

Old 05-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #23
In~Plain~Site

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGreenDreamz View Post
Awesome! Love the hippie-speedball moniker

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmatter View Post
now that is the breakfast of champions ...... don't forget to eat your weedies .......... fuck bruce jenner
Indeed, best way I know of to kick-off the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil skunk baby View Post
O.k. i REALIZE THIS THREAD IS 3 WEEKS OLD BUT I thought someone might see this and give me some advice. My best gf is looking for a "sleep aid "that will knock her out. She wants to wean herself off zanax. I suggested she start smoking mj as she reduces the amount of zanax until she reaches the point where she is just using the mj only. In her situation, smoking is not an option. I suggested she put a little in a gelatin capsule. I have only ingested it once in my life and that was eating a brownie. I cant remember how much was used, it was so long ago ,but I slept like a baby.
She on the other hand has never smoked but about twice her whole life. Needless to say , she hasnt built up tolerance. With her personality, it could be a disaster if she gets paranoid or anxiety. Can anyone tell me how much she should try? Half a size 00 gel cap? or 2 or 3?

No experience with the gelcaps, but the edibles would definitely help with sleep.
Finding your dose is kind of the fun of it

She'll flush that poison down the head when she tries the edibles

Old 05-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #24
lil skunk baby

lil skunk baby is just really nicelil skunk baby is just really nicelil skunk baby is just really nicelil skunk baby is just really nicelil skunk baby is just really nice
How long does it take edibles to "kick in"

Old 05-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #25
paladin420
FACILITATOR

paladin420 is a survivorpaladin420 is a survivorpaladin420 is a survivorpaladin420 is a survivorpaladin420 is a survivorpaladin420 is a survivorpaladin420 is a survivorpaladin420 is a survivorpaladin420 is a survivorpaladin420 is a survivorpaladin420 is a survivor
Quote:
How long does it take edibles to "kick in"
Anywhere from .5 to 1.5 of an hour. If you kno they are potent meds DO NOT EAT MORE!!! WAIT FOR IT!! Trust me on that one.
Search hash capsules a gal has a nice thread.
paladin420 jest offline   Quote

Old 05-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #26
meduser180056

meduser180056 has a spectacular aura aboutmeduser180056 has a spectacular aura aboutmeduser180056 has a spectacular aura about
good luck to her getting off xanax withdrawing from xanax is no joke. No cold turkey wean her off xanax slowly. the pot should help as the
xanax doses get smaller.
meduser180056 jest offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #27
Lil 'o Me
Farm hand

Lil 'o Me has a reputation beyond reputeLil 'o Me has a reputation beyond reputeLil 'o Me has a reputation beyond reputeLil 'o Me has a reputation beyond reputeLil 'o Me has a reputation beyond reputeLil 'o Me has a reputation beyond reputeLil 'o Me has a reputation beyond reputeLil 'o Me has a reputation beyond reputeLil 'o Me has a reputation beyond reputeLil 'o Me has a reputation beyond reputeLil 'o Me has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto guerilla View Post
how long does the average high last cus last time i made browny's it lasted like 6 hours... seems like a long time lol
Yea, depending on how much you consume, and how your body reacts to the dosage, it can last even 8-12 hours. I had a friend of a buddy I gave some cookies to, over indulge and he was still high the next day.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #28
IncredibowlBoss
New enough to try it, experienced enough to pull it off...

IncredibowlBoss is just really niceIncredibowlBoss is just really niceIncredibowlBoss is just really niceIncredibowlBoss is just really niceIncredibowlBoss is just really nice
I threw together this chart - it may help people who are trying to find their dose eating cannabis.

Bear in mind that, the bands are thick because tolerance can vary even for an individual based on the amount of food in the stomach, time of day, etc.

Also, the chart's in miligrams of THC - which might not be so practical without lab reports and-or labeled edibles (wish everyone else had that available too) - I've seen some formulas for rough calculations based on the quality of your bud and the amount you cook with, but I don't know if I trust any of them enough to repeat them.

So, that said, if you can use it, please do!

Old 05-13-2011, 04:25 AM   #29
lil skunk baby

that's an awesome chart! o.k. she weighs 115 lbs.(beginner no tolerance) how many mg will fill a size 00 gelatin capsule?

Old 05-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #30
IncredibowlBoss
New enough to try it, experienced enough to pull it off...

IncredibowlBoss is just really niceIncredibowlBoss is just really niceIncredibowlBoss is just really niceIncredibowlBoss is just really niceIncredibowlBoss is just really nice
Quote:
that's an awesome chart! o.k. she weighs 115 lbs.(beginner no tolerance) how many mg will fill a size 00 gelatin capsule?
You could get at least 500 mg to fit, but its all dependent on your starting material and how you do your extraction. Your most reliable dosing will be to prepare a tincture or hash oil and then use that in your recipes, rather than just making weed butter.

If you make your oil properly, you should be at ROUGHLY 60-70% THC by weight (if you do a great job, it'll be up in the 75-80% range). You want to hit her with a dose like 20mgs (presuming she wants to stay asleep all night, at 115 lbs, she probably has a fast metabolism, so you gotta dose a little high).

So, we want 20 mgs at 65%; our formula is:

20=(.65*x)
(20/.65)=x
x= ~30.75mgs of hash oil/dose

Remember, 1 gram is 1000 miligrams, so we're talking .03 grams of oil/dose.

The good news is, presuming you get a relatively poor ratio of 1:10 on oil to bud, you're looking at 10 doses/eighth of bud you start with.

At $5/night, that shit's cheaper that Ambien without insurance

Now, to move toward the speculative side of things (speculative only because you probably don't have lab reports on your bud, so we're just guessing), you probably don't have the most ideal cannabinoid ratio for sleep in your oil straight-away. All our calculations here have been based on mgs of THC which, if administered in a pure form without other cannabinoids, will probably keep her awake all night.

The good news is that CBD (the most soporific cannabinoid) is a product of decarboxylation, which occurs when you heat THC. This is why edibles tend to have more of a sleepy effect: you've converted the herb's abundant THC-acid into THC, and then the THC into CBD, in the process of baking/cooking/preparing butter by applying a low heat for a long period of time (ie 220 F for 30-45 minutes).

Any edibles you want to use for sleep purposes should be prepared with this in mind: you want to decarboxylate through slow heating in order to turn your max percentage of THC into CBD. Temperatures between 215-230 F seem to be most ideal for this process.

1 members found this post helpful.