Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > can thc be absorbed through your skin?

Thread Title Search    
Visit the Weed Seed Shop for Great Genetics!
 can thc be absorbed through your skin? Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
Graham Purwatt

can thc be absorbed through your skin?

not sure if this is the right place for this question but i need to know.i have to take a urinalysis once a month and i'm wondering about handling buds and getting sticky in the growroom.should i be wearing gloves? or is it nothing to worry about? thank you for any help

Old 03-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
Bullfrog44
Banned

Bullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivorBullfrog44 is a survivor
Yes. THC can be absorbed through your skin. I have no idea if that would cause a failed drug test. I would just wear the gloves.

Here in Cali they sell topical creams with THC in it for muscle soreness.
Bullfrog44 is offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
decarboxylator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog44 View Post
Yes. THC can be absorbed through your skin. I have no idea if that would cause a failed drug test. I would just wear the gloves.

Here in Cali they sell topical creams with THC in it for muscle soreness.
and they work well. especially on thin skin parts of your body, heh.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
Graham Purwatt

thanks

Old 03-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
pezmasterelite

pezmasterelite has a spectacular aura aboutpezmasterelite has a spectacular aura about
I find it easier to collect finger hash when I trim with gloves on, also I do not like washing my hands with weird chemicals(alcohol, etc...), or super hot water and dish soap to get rid of the stickiness.

Also safer is always better.
pezmasterelite is offline   Quote

Old 03-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
SOTF420
Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Breeder, Med Patient, & 420% Sweet Tooth Fanatic!

SOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivor
It's absorbed far easier by eating or smoking but yes it can be absorbed slowly through skin, haven't you ever got a buzz after smearing your arms in trichomes reaching in the canopy at harvest time? I made the mistake of going in a hot shower afterwards and that really got the THC pumping through my pores!

S.O.T.F.S FORUM HERE

SWEET TOOTH #4 - IBL PROJECT ORGANIC *LED* GROW!

Please join the ~SWEET TOOTH SOCIETY~ on ICMag! 323 Members STRONG & GROWING!

Prop. 215 fully compliant legal medical Cannabis user, proud to live in California!

I SUFFER FROM A MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER WITH ILLUSIONS & FANTASY OF EVENTS THAT NEVER TOOK PLACE AND I MAKE UP THESE STORIES TO ENTERTAIN MYSELF, SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME OFFICER! I NEED MY SWEET GREEN MEDICATION. WHY BOTHER A PEACEFUL MEDICAL USER ANYWAYS? THANKS & KEEP IT GRAPEFRUITY!

The Pen is far mightier than the Sword!

Spread your knowledge of Cannabis to all!

Sweet Tooth, will sure cure whatever ails ya!

SOTF420 is offline   Quote

Old 03-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
tr1ck_

tr1ck_ is a glorious beacon of lighttr1ck_ is a glorious beacon of lighttr1ck_ is a glorious beacon of lighttr1ck_ is a glorious beacon of lighttr1ck_ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTF420 View Post
I made the mistake of going in a hot shower afterwards and that really got the THC pumping through my pores!
The only thing that confuses me, is why was this a mistake?
tr1ck_ is offline   Quote

Old 03-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
Graham Purwatt

i started using gloves,just hope i don't fail my drug test next week.haven't smoked since the 25 of febuary but i have been handling resinous plants all the way up to last week

Old 03-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
AmeriSkunk

AmeriSkunk will become famous soon enoughAmeriSkunk will become famous soon enough
SOTF420, your being sarcastic right? Its not possible to get high off of thc through your skin without an alcohol or other chemical buffer, those topical creams are already creams, just spiked and re-labeled for obvious reasons.so the absorbtion is there, they just add thc. Without alcohol or another type of buffer from what I know its not possible and I've rubbed up on hundreds of colas and never got a buzz from that. I think that sweet toof got you on one mayne, lol

Mar. Emery spent a lot of money wasted a couple oz's of bud and had Jody rub him down all over you feel me? But he cut bho with some other type of oil, probably just baby oil, he swore he never got high. And its Marc Emery, why would he lie and he's crazy enough to try something like that. Imagine how long it would take a crap load of bho to wear off your body, your entire body, lmfao. I'm sure he regretted that after he did it, it would have been awesome if it would get you steadily slightly high for a week or so...
AmeriSkunk is offline   Quote

Old 03-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
funkfingers
I expose people to magic. My fangs are dripping with Tiger blood. I am an F-18

funkfingers has much to be proud offunkfingers has much to be proud offunkfingers has much to be proud offunkfingers has much to be proud offunkfingers has much to be proud offunkfingers has much to be proud offunkfingers has much to be proud offunkfingers has much to be proud offunkfingers has much to be proud offunkfingers has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Purwatt View Post
i started using gloves,just hope i don't fail my drug test next week.haven't smoked since the 25 of febuary but i have been handling resinous plants all the way up to last week

you'll be fine, I was taking court ordered drug tests and handling herb all day. I passed just fine.. Wear gloves when you trim if it makes you feel better.. I'm pretty sure there has to be a fat or alcohol along with the thc in order for you to absorb it via your pores..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #11
AmeriSkunk

AmeriSkunk will become famous soon enoughAmeriSkunk will become famous soon enough
@Graham, if you want an insurance policy you can get this stuff at(probably) your local head shop. That's where I get it when I need it. Its called "One Drop" you take the pill 3hrs before your test drink lots of water, flush you urinary tract by pissing often, you will know when your piss is good to go because instead of being clear like it will be from the water drinking, it will go back to yellow, a very realistic yellow. I have passed over 10 felony probation drug tests, yeah I know its dumb as fuck to have smoked when the next step is prison but it happened. Anyway if you really want some man and you can't find it at your local shop ill give you the number to the place I get mine, I'm sure they will send it to you. The female that works there is very educated and knows her shit, go by what I said if you buy this because the box says something different but that is what she told me to do and it worked every time. Btw, I think you will fail if your a regular smoker, that's not enough time man, believe me, Its happened to me. I've been on probation most of my adult life, all for weed, nothing unsavory, lol

Old 03-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #12
Graham Purwatt

i appreciate it ameriskunk,i passed 9 like that the last time i was on probation and failed the tenth which resulted in prison time so no smoking this time around.trying to be as safe as possible though i wish all day i could smoke

Old 03-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
AmeriSkunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriSkunk View Post
I've been on probation most of my adult life, all for weed
I feel I should clarify that i am only 25 years old, havent been in trouble in 3yrs though and I take added precautions and set boundaries to ensure that i dont end up in prison.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #14
MMJcali

MMJcali is a name known to allMMJcali is a name known to allMMJcali is a name known to allMMJcali is a name known to allMMJcali is a name known to allMMJcali is a name known to all
yea the only way to really get high off of a topical cream is to use a cream base that is designed to penetrate the skin. There is a type of cream used a lot in scientific research, a FOAF used to mix it with mescaline and hit the sky big time. Its been so long since he did that that he's forgotten what exactly its called....
MMJcali is offline   Quote

Old 03-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #15
guest2012y
Living with the soil

guest2012y has a reputation beyond reputeguest2012y has a reputation beyond reputeguest2012y has a reputation beyond reputeguest2012y has a reputation beyond reputeguest2012y has a reputation beyond reputeguest2012y has a reputation beyond reputeguest2012y has a reputation beyond reputeguest2012y has a reputation beyond reputeguest2012y has a reputation beyond reputeguest2012y has a reputation beyond reputeguest2012y has a reputation beyond repute
Recently trimmed 7 lbs. and had to take a test a week later...... I passed the test.
My fingers were beyond caked and I was worried for a second.

Topsoil in the soil mix
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=153542

Provider for cardholders organic medicine and organic medicated edibles..."we're primed and we're ready to go toe to toe with disease"
guest2012y is offline   Quote