What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept.

bobblehead

Veteran
Hey BBD, are you running an orgranic drip system? I don't have any issues with drippers getting clogged since I've been using drip clean, it's worth the extra $$$ IMO. I think the problem your having is deffo got to do with your drippers, by the sounds of their design, they are built to get blocked. I use a fast flow dripper and set the pressure with a home made inline tap on the main feed line just above the pump, here's a pic...

And the drippers that I use.

Get your thread up when ya can, I'd love to see what your working with.

Hey bobble, I'm with you 100% on the run to waste, it's the only way I grow in coco. Some people think that it's a wast of nutes but it really is worth it for the end result plus you don't have to worry about spreading disease and destroying your whole crop.

On the NFT, it really isn't needed but when I thought up the idea I realised that's exactly what would happen when the roots grew through the guard and into the guttering, you'd have an NFT effect. It's more of a bonus rather than a necessity. I think I'll go with the 80/20 coco/perlite because it's what I know best.

Bobble when I seen your pots I though wow that is perfect for what I'm working out, I even said it in your thread lol.

Ok I'm pretty sure this is what I'm gonna go with for my next grow, I'll go price hunting tomorrow and see what I come up with.

Cheers
HGO

Now I understand... For some reason i thought that you were talking about having constant NFT, and that's where I thought the coco wouldn't be good. Yes, the roots do grow down into the collection tray, or in your case, gutter. I find the fine white roots growing out of the bottom to be an indicator of healthy plants that have appropriate moisture levels. Sometimes the roots will grow right out the sides too.

Basket stakes are definitely the way to go. Drippers suck balls.

D

DHF

Hadta come show respect for your sticky Bro......Been out of pocket and doin other things but glad you made this happen.....

If there was any wayta cover everything that`s not green in reflectix like Bobbles does , you`ll not regret it...even behind the plants so every lumen that gets past the plants gets bounced right back at em.....

I see big things happenin once dialed Bro , but I`ll say this......Way back when during the concept thread I told yas that plants in the corner would increase yield by there being more plant numbers , cuz there was controversy at the time but......

Lumens in Heath`s rack rooms did fall off in the corners and the smaller colas/plantlets were evident but.......more plants increase yield regardless of their size come harvey......

I love your simplistic "dunk and drain" feed process...but.....Top fed basket stakes will make yas happy...Bobbles will show yas.....

Proof positive with these type setups that sky`s the limit with budsicles and increased plant numbers will bring home da bacon.....

Good luck.....DHF....:ying:........

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Hadta come show respect for your sticky Bro......Been out of pocket and doin other things but glad you made this happen.....

Gracias!

If there was any wayta cover everything that`s not green in reflectix like Bobbles does , you`ll not regret it...even behind the plants so every lumen that gets past the plants gets bounced right back at em.....
Except for the actual table itself (which is white) everything IS covered in reflectix. Ceiling, walls and doors. The plants on the top tier are surrounded as you describe. I just ran out of reflectix and money. As soon as I have the extra cash lying around, I'm going to get another roll of reflectix to cover the table itself.

I love your simplistic "dunk and drain" feed process...but.....Top fed basket stakes will make yas happy...Bobbles will show yas.....
Yeah. I am starting to see the light in that regard. Once there is a little money to play with I will probably upgrade in some way. I'm really digging on HGO's rockwool/coco gutter idea, too.

Update with pics will be tomorrow, ya'll.

Just finished watering. Tomorrow is all pictures.

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I think my bud is quite a bit frostier in my new setup. Every time I accidentally brush against ANY plant now, I get a sticky arm. Anytime I remove a fan leaf, I get sticky fingers. I'm used to getting all gooey at harvest, but that's still almost 4 weeks away! And they definitely stink more.

L

LouDog420

I'm a tall mutha fucka with lots of hair, so don't stand behind me, I like to head bang at the disco-theque! :moon:

No worries though, C. Rabbit, I saved ya a seat, now hit this joint homie
smoke%20out.gif

LMAO cheers all. I'm feelin' a bit toasty this mornin' :wave:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
*** UPDATE WITH PICS (WEEK 6 OF FLOWER!) ***

*** UPDATE WITH PICS (WEEK 6 OF FLOWER!) ***

WEEK VI
Return of the Disco Ball

picture.php

^^^ Full Cab Shot ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Full Cab Shot #2 ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Disco Fever ^^^

picture.php

^^^ View to Left from Center ^^^

picture.php

^^^ View to Right from Center ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Like Icarus, She Strayed To Close to the Sun ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Close Up From Left Facing Right. Icarus in Background ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Ladies Night ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Dark Side of the Moon ^^^

picture.php

^^^ View From Middle ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Bottom, Bottom, Top, Top ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Bottom, Bottom ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Bottom Left Close Up ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Bottom Right Close Up ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Top, Top ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Top Left Close Up ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Top Right Close Up^^^

picture.php

^^^ Empty MT2510 with 12 oz. Cans for Scale ^^^

picture.php

^^^ View From the Bottom ^^^

picture.php

^^^ View From the Top ^^^

Notes:

• "Icarus" got a little too close to one of the bulbs without being noticed for a day. She now resides in the middle of the cab and will not be allowed to stray too near the sun again.
  • By bypassing the rings I was able to attach the disco ball in a way that it hung an inch or so higher than before, which allowed me to put it back into the cab for these shots.
  • As I was typing this update I got my new heat mat for my clones in the mail!

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
This is looking way cool. Just incredible.

I'm looking at the arrangement of your treepots using an inverted treepot spacer, and the spacing of the pots within your flood trough itself. It appears that you could fit more root mass into your setup with a larger treepot, and keep the same plant spacing.

D

DHF

Sorry Bro...saw the reflectix in the back but didn`t realize it was a cab type thingy and I couldn`t see it from the other side.....

Hopin things fill out and swell till harvey and bottom line numbers are at least 1 gpw and then some....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:......