What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept.

whodare

Veteran
that is gunna be so sick filled with half oz colas...

awesome work...

hows it feel being a homeowner now, i had to mow the grass the other day it sucked lol.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no lawn but have to cut down a redwood tree now and then.....Anti this looks like a total kick azz design...it's going to be fun watching this run!

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
hell yeh! love the vid..the disco shit cracked me up. it's a trip to see a 3-d motion view of something after seeing so many pics and designs...

dude you really seem like one of those people that put 110% into everything they do...

:respect:

:lurk:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
greenmatter said:
green stuff !!!!!! COOL!!!!!! ..........but the plants before the disco ball? c'mon man, where are your priorities? ....... stoners

I'll get that disco ball hung ASAP, sir. Sorry to disappoint. :)

whodare said:
that is gunna be so sick filled with half oz colas...

awesome work...

hows it feel being a homeowner now, i had to mow the grass the other day it sucked lol.

It's hot as hell lately. I've been trying to mow in the evening, right before the sun goes down just to avoid as much of it as possible. Mowed during the day once and I was dripping in sweat after 5 minutes.

But I don't have to hear the people in the apartment above me stomping around anymore or worry that the aromas from my place are going into theirs, so I'll take that trade off.

megayields said:
I have no lawn but have to cut down a redwood tree now and then.....Anti this looks like a total kick azz design...it's going to be fun watching this run!

Cut down a redwood? What do you use, one of these?

298566494_7c0f2d3fd7_o.jpg

StealthDragon said:
hell yeh! love the vid..the disco shit cracked me up. it's a trip to see a 3-d motion view of something after seeing so many pics and designs...

dude you really seem like one of those people that put 110% into everything they do...

Well, I'm a cheap bastard. So I try to do everything 110% right the first time so that I won't have to keep re-doing it. :) I mean, I DON'T do everything 110% right, but I try.

Thanks for the encouragement!

~Shhh~ said:
That track was funny dude nice choice of tune... Build looks great now all you need now is to switch up the selection to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKH7BHzq_VM

And it's on!

Great work bruh

The song I used is by one of my favorite rappers. He's from south africa. Nowadays he calls himself "Ninja" and his group is called Die Antwoord (which is Afrikans for "The Answer.")

But once I get the disco ball hung, I think your suggestion will be perfect for a future video. :) Stay tuned, true believers!

...and thanks for your support.

forkup

Great build I'm glad to see this kicking off. What's the vertical offset between levels in inches... around 16? Also have you considered a light mover a la Marlo? Even with only a small amount of vertical movement it would help a lot with getting light into otherwise shady areas and I'd expect the yield increase to be well worth the effort at minimal expense.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Great build I'm glad to see this kicking off. What's the vertical offset between levels in inches... around 16?

You're pretty close. From the top of the bottom tier to the top of the upper tier is exactly 15".

Also have you considered a light mover a la Marlo? Even with only a small amount of vertical movement it would help a lot with getting light into otherwise shady areas and I'd expect the yield increase to be well worth the effort at minimal expense.

Yes. I am completely tapped on cash at this point, so adding a light mover will have to wait until next round at the earliest. But I do like Marlo's vertical light mover and I think it would be an excellent addition to this idea.

(FYI - I built my room with Marlo's room dimensions as a guide.)

311devon

Bro, I just read the whole thread. Killer design and execution. Def gonna follow along. If you're still looking for a easy way to cut square holes in plywood, ive got ya an answer. Make a pattern and use a router with a guided flush trim bit to copy your pattern over and over. If it were me, i would make my pattern with a gang of square holes so you can cut multiple holes with one clamping. You seem pretty handy ,if ya dont know what im talking about let me know and i will elaborate.

L

laylow

Been following this from the start.. have to say im very impressed with the build quality....

looking forward to seeing it full of plants... do you have an estimate on yield? whats that AK Budcicle weigh dry?

nice... very nice.... :pimp3:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Been following this from the start.. have to say im very impressed with the build quality....

looking forward to seeing it full of plants... do you have an estimate on yield? whats that AK Budcicle weigh dry?

Hey Laylow. Thanks for swinging by, homie.

My last round (in same containers I'll be using for this grow) yielded ~14g per plant. (This was horizontally under 252w of CFL bulbs.)

Plants were started on 12/12 as soon as they showed roots at an average height of 2" tall.

Those plants were grown in peat/sphagnum/perlite with flora-nova bloom in tap water as the ONLY nutes. Watered once every other day.

If I can achieve a similar yield per plant in this new setup, we're looking at ~35 oz. for the whole cab. (1/2oz per plant, 70 plants.)

Of course, this round will be in coco with added silica under 800w of light getting fed twice a day.

It's possible I will yield MORE this way. :)

My moms have at least doubled since I took the video on day one. I'm going to take clones this week. Just trying to make sure I can get 100 or so clones so that I can get 70 viable clones in case some don't root.

Temps in cab (got battery for thermometer) are hovering around 87 degrees with lights on, closer to 70 with lights off.

Luckily for me, I built this thing right beneath one of the central air ducts for my living room. Before we flip to 12/12 I'll cut into that duct and add an extra A/C vent into the room which should hopefully bring temp differential down to a more acceptable level.

After the first harvest when I'm not so strapped, I will probably add a dehumidifier and perhaps a dedicated portable A/C to the room.

If anybody's interested in seeing the growth of the moms I'll post it. I've just been waiting until something more exciting was available. (i.e. 70 clones in coco getting their groove on under the disco ball.)

labtec

Awesomeness at its finest. Good work Anti. That would be sweet if you rigged up a light mover in there. Also, the ability to duct in some conditioned air is going to make this grow even more epic.

L

laylow

nice just dont rush your mums for cuts make sure you have the amount available that are going to be healthy no point having it 85% full or 100% full with inferior cuts... i learnt this the hard way...

Nice buds from Cfl's btw... just goes to show what optimum environments can produce... cfl's grows are easier to control just got to make sure you get this one dialled and 14g a plant should be no hardship....

love the sound of the water only setup!!!

:pimp3:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
nice just dont rush your mums for cuts make sure you have the amount available that are going to be healthy no point having it 85% full or 100% full with inferior cuts... i learnt this the hard way...

I've been counting clone-able zones as I water. But you're totally right. I'm just anxious to see this thing happening. Better to wait an extra week or two if necessary.

Maina

Veteran
I love it ! I got 6 400 watters kicking around this could be fun Im thinking 32 plants 2 decks 20 plants on first one and 12 plants on next one =32 and 1 400 watter and I already have 4 AK-47 mothers and a big cloner :thank you:
You did alot of work puting this grow togeather with alot of help from the pro,s to nice job:tiphat:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
picture.php

Left Side Close-Up
picture.php

Right Side Close-Up
picture.php

The pictures above were from August 2nd. I include them in this post for easy comparison with these pics, taken at lights on this morning (18 days later):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I had a couple of late-rooting clones so I decided to just throw them in with the rest. The two smaller plants have been in there for maybe a week. It's interesting to me to see the difference between the plants that had ~2 weeks under ~100w of CFL and the plants that went straight from rooting under ~50w of CFL into the cab.

I know this will not be the exciting update that everybody has been waiting for, but I had to clear some pictures off the camera today, so I decided to take a couple of new shots just to keep everybody (and myself) updated.

Latest posts

Latest posts