What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Oldest Clone? NAME and DATE

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which is The Oldest Clone?

Please just post the strain and approximate date. if possible folks,,, like this:

UK Cheese / 1988 - 2011

While healthy debate and story-telling is always positive,, we'd sooner just form a NAME and DATE LIST all the way through this thread please ppl ,, so nah comment unless you got a name and date :canabis:

PLEASE ADD PHOTOS TO NAMES AND DATES :D

No Jokers! lol :biglaugh:

Peace n flowers ALL

Note : those stories are real important to the culture, bless that, just not on this thread :canabis:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UK Cheese / 1988 - 2011

picture.php

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone else ??? or is the Exodus Cheese (Skunk #1) still the elder ??

7253cheese.JPG

peace n flower power

G

guest8905

cali o is somewhat old.

The TW clone is also very old and tired but makes for awesome breeding imo

lots other imo....

sorry i brok the thread rules ;)

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I hope to see more on here. I have been in an argument of sorts with some clown that thinks that clones burn out or lose something over generations.

My opinion is that some people burn out on a strain or mistreat a clone. Blame the grower in this case, not the genetics.

Anyone got any Trainwreck? That is the clone that I brought to the argument.

Thank you

wisco61

I hope to see more on here. I have been in an argument of sorts with some clown that thinks that clones burn out or lose something over generations.

My opinion is that some people burn out on a strain or mistreat a clone. Blame the grower in this case, not the genetics.

Anyone got any Trainwreck? That is the clone that I brought to the argument.

Thank you

The guy 2 posts above you. I understand why you would ignore that though as it does defeat your argument.

huligun

Veteran
The guy 2 posts above you. I understand why you would ignore that though as it does defeat your argument.

Thanks for pointing that out.. I didn't ignore it. I think he posted seconds before me and I didn't see it.

I don't believe a clone can get tired. I mean it is another shoot of the same plant and clones from clones from clones are just shoots off of the original plant.

I think people tire of a strain or maybe don't grow it out right, but I believe the DNA in the plant never alters.

I believe I seen this argument before. Kind of like what came first, the chicken or egg.

Again thanks for pointing that out for me.

G

guest8905

a clone is as old as the plant in which it was taken from originally. So the cheese cut i.e. is about 24 years old. Even if you get a clone today of wome UK cheese that clones age is 24 years.

As far as clones getting tired ill retract my previous post about tw being tired. It is a great clone. It is just tired of being on the scene here in norcal i guess. But lots of people still love it and it makes for great breeding. The 'Afwreck' is one of my faves

champagne is old as well...

M12 skunk creeper

M12 skunk creeper

She's been in my lovin arms since 1992, a lady never reveals her true age ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bigbag

Veteran
- UBC Chemo - 1972/73
- Texada Timewarp - 1978
- King - 1979
- Northern Lights #1 - 1982/83
- Northern Lights #5 & 2 - 1984
- BC BigBud - 1984
- BC Hashplant - 1987
- Garlic Bud - 1987
are some other poineer clones that come to mind and r still kickin'...

huligun

Veteran
a clone is as old as the plant in which it was taken from originally. So the cheese cut i.e. is about 24 years old. Even if you get a clone today of wome UK cheese that clones age is 24 years.

As far as clones getting tired ill retract my previous post about tw being tired. It is a great clone. It is just tired of being on the scene here in norcal i guess. But lots of people still love it and it makes for great breeding. The 'Afwreck' is one of my faves

champagne is old as well...

I don't live in NorCal but I go there specifically for Trainwreck. It is a real treat where I live and everyone loves it. I think you guys are spoiled in California, so much to chose from.

Coincidentally.. Is this AFWreck the same as Afghany Trainwreck? Half an hour ago I was just given a nice bud of that he got from one of our local dispensaries. Looks and smells nothing like Trainwreck. Very compact and crystally, with a skunky kind of smell.

Sorry to distract from the main theme, please delete this post if you want.

growhi

i know first hand that a clone of a clone of a clone can burn out and get to a point that it doese not perform !!

when i first started i had a nl from sensi i kept cloneing and cloneing and after 2 years of this it got to a point were it hardly produced !!

that said it was holy abused generation after generation, for nearly a year i didnt have a mother plant i would just grow 20 cuttings, then when they had vegged a whle take 20 cuttings from the small plants , put the 20 donner cuttings in flower and put the other cuttings in grow for the next batch and so on and so on

then when i did grow a mother it was in a tent with no ventalation, sometimes the light would fail and it would have either 24/7 light or no light for a day or too , when it was used to 18/6

you only have to use the g13 example to show that clones dont last forever !!!

that got to a point were it was useless too !!!
so had to breed it to pass on the genetics

and examples when breeders like dj short 'lose' mother plants , sure its not incompatence were they have forgot to feed them and they have died or forgot to have back up clones in other places !!

its more a case of the plant just gives up and is no longer viable !!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NL #5 x Haze aka STU

SSSC circa mid-late 80's seed; sprouted early 90's - still around in 2011

dank.Frank

Stumbleweed

The Las Vegas Lemon Skunk used by DNA/Green House is supposedly from late 1970's Sacred Seeds Skunk #1 stock, dated to 1978ish. It's definitely still floating around.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mazar I Sharif Hindu Kush pre `88 : Oregon
not a pure Mazar, nor HinkuKush nor MasterKush but a true unique unadulterated breed...

This is the story of a cut I received in 1988 in the midwest USA sourced from Oregon and linked to well known musicians..
It was said 20th gen clone mother that was not indoor bred but OD and bred within its own line for years prior...Each year from this the plant was kept as a mother and not out crossed...
I met a big old guitar playin cat who smoked me out with this herb in 88...We had a short nice relation and in the end I bought 5 cuts, rooted in 4" for $5 each...
I can not express how much of a unique plant this was back then and since the loss have hunted for it since...
If you know what it is or think you know what Kush is than it would def give you a view like no other...
this is not a promotion for the Term kush...this was a true LRace selection dating back to pre-dutch PNW breeds..
I say this cause I grew it for aprox 4-5 yrs and then was nabbed with it trying to move a grow op....stupidly in `92...
Since this time Ive only had slight notice of it in other breeds such as NL's, PureKush and oddly enough BubbaKush, and not many others with OGs being the furthest from it in profile although some similarities in structure..
Its tones and effects are as unique as it gets and the only way to know it was to have grown it or sampled it when it was a underground gift of the gods..
But with a bit of luck I may have relocated this cut and in the process of testing it now...Im as skeptical as any on any breed but I'll know soon enough if its the orig cut I had...
If it is Im sure it will be as it was and all I can do is hope...
enjoy
FOE20

Attachments

• MISHK-allveg1_08-26-11.jpg
    MISHK-allveg1_08-26-11.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 12
  • MIH-DWCveg_08-26-11.jpg
    MIH-DWCveg_08-26-11.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 16
  • MIHhydroveg1_08-26-11.jpg
    MIHhydroveg1_08-26-11.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 12