What's new

Daily Events at the Cup

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
This is Payaso, your roving reporter at the Cup taking notes...

I had a blast today with my new best friend Eddy Lepp. We hit it off last year when he got Zoe to paint goddesses for his booth at that "other" cup... he came back to town just to be with us for the Grower's Cup, and has been emceeing for the last few days and helping organize things from the background... he's done an amazing job keeping up the morale of the crew here, and encouraging everyone to do their absolute best... because he knows like you do, that this cup isn't about making money... it's about glorifying, not vilifying, our favourite plant Cannabis.

I'll go on and on about Eddy Lepp tomorrow after hearing him speak then, but today was really special...

Today we had Dr. Art Lecesse speak to the crowd for almost an hour about "The Myth of Marijuana Madness." The captivated audience was glued to every word about our societal perceptions, and misperceptions, about a lot of things, including cannabis.

Sam Skunk Man gave an informative speech about pests and diseases of the cannabis plant.

Sjoerd and Piet from the Cannabis College came onstage and gave an impromptu presentation about the College, and answered questions from some serious growers in the crowd... I think I spied BOG over there at the same table as ???? and !!!! WoW. This is fun...

Henk, owner of Dutch Passion Seed Company in the Netherlands gave a talk about his vision for the future with regards to genetics and seed breeding. His breeders are working on yet more strains to add to his existing catalog of 60 varieties. Awesome indeed!

The Reggae band was great playing from around 5 pm onwards, but at 4:20 pm we had Eddy Lepp come on stage and rouse the crowds with giveaways of t-shirts, lighters and most importantly, WEED! Yes the most fun part of this event has been shgaring the WEED we have been blessed with. I want to let you know, that a lot of people donated some wonderful stuff for the judging, and the public to enjoy.

The spirit of what is happening there every day is what I live for, the Cannabis Community, the love we share for the plant, and the peace we can create.

I'll try not to be too stoned to give an update tomorrow as well...

Peace to all, and to all a good night,
Payaso/Chris

U

Uncle Hughie

Yes!

Yes!

At least someones enjoying themselves ....sounds great..Eddy lepp ..i would like too meet indeed...im glad chris you see this as what its all about!...

im trying to picture you smokin all that weed and taking anything else in lol
Have a Blast u guys ,,
Thanks for the updates..
Peace!

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Oh, that explains it...

Oh, that explains it...

Eddy is in the Amsterdam, that's why when I called his place near Clear Lake they said he'd be gone for a week. I never put two and two together, D'oh!:eek:

PALM

Awesome stuff. Eddy Lepp and his Jungle of trees!! A master of the fina art! Wish I could be there, next year for sure!!!

Sour Cheers!

Payaso

Veteran
man was I Stoned!!!

man was I Stoned!!!

But now I am awake again, as you see I lost the power to type logically for several daze... and somehow ended up in London... how did I get here?

Anyway, I am here and trying to get together not only another issue, but a publicity and marketing tour of the states... so we can carry on the cause. We started something beautiful at the Grower's Cup, and I want to keep it rolling forever... with a life of it's own.

I plan to visit with Eddy Lepp and interview him further, as well as go see distributors in the evil empire.

Thanks to all who came to AMsterdam for the Cup, or took the time to attend. We all appreciate your support and hope to see you there next year for even more fun and smoking!!!

Dang Smokey, how many times DID you pass out, and what does your lovely wife have to say about all this!!!????

Peace,
Chris/payaso

Payaso

Veteran
Daily Events

Daily Events

Sorry Guys, I did not have a camera!!! Believe it or not!!!

So I am posting some of the pix that people have given me...

Memories are good, we had a great time, and next year I'll not only have a camera, but a better show for everyone!!!

Peace,
Payaso/Chris

PS - here's where we work and create our magazine...

Combo URL: Thumbnail + Link to Full Size.

Click for Larger Image

Payaso

Veteran
Posters for the Cup

Posters for the Cup

Here my friend from the south of Holland shows off the posters we made for the cup...

Payaso

3gerardembraces420cup-med.jpg

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
Here is some of the food the attending public was asked to sample and then give a vote from 1-10.

:p
1366cake16909.jpg

1366cake16910.jpg

1366cake6907.jpg

1366cake6908.jpg

1366choco_joint6902.jpg

I really like the chocojoint, they were excellent and were my top pick.