What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW 2 room build out Perpetual design and Build.

stussy22

Hey guys haven't even finish my first grow in my tent in my UC set up, and I already have plans to go bigger.

The build out will consist of two rooms. A 8'x7'8"x8' veg room. It will have a 4x4 tray DTW w/ a 50 gallon rez. Looking to grab a 4' 8 bulb T5 light to provide light for the tray and mothers around the edges. Do you think this will be enough light? For cooling the room will have a small 3,000 btu window AC unit to keep temp and humidity in spec. It Will also have a small humidifier to keep room where it needs to be.

For the flower room it will be roughly 12'x8'x8' space. I Plan to have a 4x8 tray running CoCo in a DTW set up. Looking to have 2000 watts of light in this room. With (2) 8" Mangum XXXL hoods cooled straight from OSA (Out Side Air) in the evening where temps reach 40s-60s year round. It will also have its own 8,000 btu AC unit to keep temp and humidity in spec. Going to be running a Marley tankless water heater for Co2 generation. (As seen in Ravi's set up) This will add a good amount of Co2 to the sealed room. As well as having very little heat transferred into the room vs a Co2 Burner.

Below are some pictures of where the veg room will be built. I picked up the lumber and door today and plan frame the walls out by tomorrow if not this weekend. I am going to be using R13 insulation in the walls and for the ceiling. Inside the room I will be using 1/2 Mold resistant dry wall. Commonly used in bathrooms where the humidity reaches high levels.

Alright enough talking here is what it looks like.

stu :joint:

stussy22

Very nice stu! I'll be watching and taking notes.

Thanks for stopping by GT. I have been banging away the better part of the day in there. Taking a break from some lunch then will finish up the framing. Hoping to run electrical outlets, insulate and put up dry wall tm. I am still on the hunt for a small 3,000 btu AC that has an auto restart and a dehumidify setting. Well back at it.

Skunk Kid

sounds like its going to be nice i got a 10 x 10 room with 2000 watts so im going to keep my eye on this one!

Comcast can suck it. I typed out a reply last night, clicked submit, and the page never loaded.. After fucking with the modem and router for an hour, I shut down and went to sleep without saving my reply.

Glad to see you doing a buildout Stu! As with GT, I'll be taking notes for the future.

What's happening to the UCC setup? Does it need a good home? ::raises hand::

K

krest

Room specs sound good but can I ask why you are moving away from RDWC and going coco?

stussy22

sounds like its going to be nice i got a 10 x 10 room with 2000 watts so im going to keep my eye on this one!

Thanks for stopping by skunk. What set up are you running in your 10x10 ? Any questions feel free to ask.

Comcast can suck it. I typed out a reply last night, clicked submit, and the page never loaded.. After fucking with the modem and router for an hour, I shut down and went to sleep without saving my reply.

Glad to see you doing a buildout Stu! As with GT, I'll be taking notes for the future.

What's happening to the UCC setup? Does it need a good home? ::raises hand::

That has happen to me before. Except I ment to close the open tab that I was on. command + w and accidentally pressed command + q (close program).

Take all the notes you like. Any questions feel free to ask. I am doing everything to code or as close as possible.

As far on the UC goes. I have already promised it to a good friend of mine. We will see if he has a change of heart. Doubt it though :D

Room specs sound good but can I ask why you are moving away from RDWC and going coco?

This is my first run in a hydro set up let alone in the UC. With that being said.

My only complaint on the UC is that to do a nice clean 100% flush (or close to it) you have to pop the lids and use a shop vac to suck out that last 2-3 gallons because the water level is not high enough to flow through the pvc pipes to the inline pump. That on top of not having enough room in the tent to work. And my knees are shot and kills me every time I have to get in there. Don't get me wrong the UC is a great system. It just isn't the one for me.

I also what to venture and try different mediums and setups. Who ever just bought one car and drove it the rest of their life? :D

Good luck in your Set up & Future grows ! :)

Cannatopia thanks for the kind words and good vibes. Hoping to blow things up.

stussy22

Well banged around yesterday for the better part of the day. Have all the framing up. Followed everything to code the best I could. Insulated 2 walls and the ceiling with R13. Just need to do the other 2 and start with the dry wall. I have 2 outlets in here at the moment. I need to go over how many circuits I will need in this room. Hoping finish insulated and drywall today. We'll see how things go.

K

krest

I also what to venture and try different mediums and setups. Who ever just bought one car and drove it the rest of their life? :D

Exactly Stu! It took me 4 systems to find the one that I like... I love coco... the smells and tastes are so much better. looks like you got it all under control man, can't wait to see your rooms in action.

stussy22

Exactly Stu! It took me 4 systems to find the one that I like... I love coco... the smells and tastes are so much better. looks like you got it all under control man, can't wait to see your rooms in action.

Thanks krest you know what I'm talking about. What made you venture away from CoCo ? Took a peak at your current grow and it looks NICE!

Working on getting pictures up on todays work.

stussy22

Well got 99% of the dry wall done. Just need to do a little detail work. Going to tape and mud the wall today. The dry wall is a purple color it has a felt like finish that is mold and water resistant.

OSA (out side air) vent coming in for fresh air. Thinking of putting a 6" fan that will suck air through a carbon filter and push it out of the room into the common space in the garage. Doing this Fresh air will be coming in through the vent.

The inside of the door with 2 outlets. The upper one will be for the fluorescent lighting. Between the upper and lower one will be the Window ac unit. Likely 6 feet off the ground. And the bottom out let will be for the AC unit its self.

Well back to it going back to finish up.

stussy22

Well got a first coat of mud on everything. Don't think I am going to do another. These room is pretty damn close to being a 100% sealed.

Ordered a 6000 btu AC unit along with a Sentinel EVC-2. Both should be here wednesday ready to install.

Framed the hole for the AC unit to go in. Just need to drop it in and secure it and I'm good to go.

Was thinking of using reflectix like HS did in his room. Or I can use that panda film too. Or white paint as a last ditch. I would rather have something more reflective in there like hte relfectix. What do you guys think ?

Hole for AC

again all comments welcomed

Yah`mon

Looking good dude! I love construction! Looks to be good quality work too! :good:

I'm starting construction on a similar sized room.. 80-100sq ft.

Is 2kw enough for that area? I was planning on running 4kw 8'' magnumxxxl's in there... is that to much?

Yah`mon :tiphat:

stussy22

Looking good dude! I love construction! Looks to be good quality work too! :good:

I'm starting construction on a similar sized room.. 80-100sq ft.

Is 2kw enough for that area? I was planning on running 4kw 8'' magnumxxxl's in there... is that to much?

Yah`mon :tiphat:

Hey Yah`mon thanks for stopping by. Ya same here love building almost as much as I love growing. And I would Like to think my work is pretty good but can always use improvement.

The other room I will be building after this will be 8'x12' which is right up your ally. A good rule of thumb is 1,000 will cover a 4'x4' area. That being said I'm going to be running 2kw of light over a 4'x8' tray. I also want to have some room to walk around the whole tray and be able to get to each and every plant.

2-3 kw light should be good in that area. What type of grow are you looking to do? And do you have any plans in your head or on paper?
hope this helps.

Stu - I think you sized it right for access around the tray. For sure. Maybe even bigger, but then you lose outside-of-room space and increase cooling/air demand. I can't wait to see this sucker in action!

Regarding the walls, I'd paint it white. I do not see the benefit of panda film over white paint. Sand your mud really good and spray away!

Q bout that framing for the AC...Shouldn't you have done it before the sheetrock? I've never done 'rock, but I've read a -ton- about it and watched a few houses be done, I thought all framing was done before the sheetrock was hung. Otherwise how do you tie it into the vertical studs? IDK, you have more experience than I do for sure, so you likely did it right.

stussy22

Stu - I think you sized it right for access around the tray. For sure. Maybe even bigger, but then you lose outside-of-room space and increase cooling/air demand. I can't wait to see this sucker in action!

Regarding the walls, I'd paint it white. I do not see the benefit of panda film over white paint. Sand your mud really good and spray away!

Q bout that framing for the AC...Shouldn't you have done it before the sheetrock? I've never done 'rock, but I've read a -ton- about it and watched a few houses be done, I thought all framing was done before the sheetrock was hung. Otherwise how do you tie it into the vertical studs? IDK, you have more experience than I do for sure, so you likely did it right.

Which room are you talking about losing space? confused.

To late already through up the reflectix :D couldn't hold off and got hooked up at the home depot.

The framing could have been done before or after. Yes you must secure it to at stud or two. The more the better. I took pic showing you how I attached it check the post below. I'm not the greatest or the best working with sheet rock. But I hate cutting it and dealing with it before it is hung. IDK but once it is hung it stays in place and for me is easier to work with. just my :2cents:

stussy22

Well ended up going with reflectix as you can see. Inspired by none other than HydroSun! Waiting to get the AC unit it before I throw up that last piece. Again sorry for the shitty pictures still working with a cell phone camera.

RomulusUSA see the (2) 3 1/4 in screw on the bottom 2x4. As well as a (1) 3/8, 5" lag bolt into the next stud. It is strong as bricks. Also see next picture so you can tell where studs are.

You cans see to the left of the level the screw hole that has been patched there is one stud there. I have 2 screws on the bottom of the frame as well as two screws on the top. As well as the other stud to the right of the frame has the 5" lag bolt. Hope this helps.

R

RedRain

hey stussy,

looking pretty slick

i just finished re-building my room as well, but I went the poly route. that reflectix looks interesting

what are u running in here?? lvpk??