So I am running my same system as last round
with one modification. I bought 6 more 5 gallon buckets and drilled a bunch of 1/2" holes in the bottoms of them. I then cut some squares of screen from a roll of screen door material (plastic/nylon). The squares are about 4" bigger than the bottom of the buckets, bigger would actually be better to a point. I then placed the screens on top of the original buckets that have the drain fittings. I took the new buckets with holes drilled in them and pushed them into the original buckets so now the screen material is between the buckets and in theory will stop the roots from clogging the drains. If it works well I will make a tutorial.
On to the grow so far. On February 5th I started germinating 10 seeds a friend made and wanted me to test out. I used the moon calendar to decide when to start germinating and I got 10 of 10 sprouted and all are still going strong.
I used a simple germinating method for the first time and I think I am going to keep using it. I placed seeds directly into moistened Grodan cubes in a glass baking dish and placed it on a heating pad on low in my dark grow room. I added water a couple times when they would start drying out and all of them popped up without any damn shells on them. I have killed more than one seedling trying to get the shell off of it. This was no muss no fuss but I will have to see how other seeds do with this method.
I also have two clones from the Mosca Cinderella99 BX-1 I grew last round. I took clones on November 20th and they were put into a pan of tap water with an air stone and given nothing but tap water until February 12 when they went into the buckets.
So the four best looking seedlings went into buckets and I did not have the heart to kill off the other six so I stuck them in solo cups in dirt. I am honestly not sure what I will do with them at this point. I used the last of the soil I had and I don't have room to run 12 plants. I have thought about just up potting to 1 gallon Smart Pots and see what they do. Whatever I end up doing with the dirt ones it will be lazy and cheap.
One of the C99 clones is doing really well but the other one not so much. Leaves are crinkly and are yellowing in middle. I have been through the sick plant thread several times but I do not see anything in there that looks like it. I am thinking it is from low humidity and the crinkly clone is getting hit by the fan more than the other one. But it is looking much better today than yesterday.
I am using only Maxibloom, Silica Blast, SM-90, pH Up and tap water.
There are pics up to this point in my album
but nothing too exciting.
Pics from today