What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This is the DIY Areo Cloner I made this Morning

Hey, here are pictures of my DIY areo cloner I put together this morning. Everything went pretty well. Saved me a heap of money not having to pay for one of those 499 dollar jobbies at the hydro store. Over all the tools and everything cost about $100. Pump was 19.95, Tub was 6.99, piping was about $25, the neoprene collars and pots I had to get at the only ripoff hydro-store that had them. The collars were $1 each and pots where .24 each. Tools, hacksaw was 15.99, and hole cutter was 8.95 and glue was 12.99.

Holds 24 clones.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:artist:

hippydan

Looks good man, I'd love to have one of these put together, however I just don't have the space to be running clones as it is. I'm sure it'll treat you good.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
hippy, how much space you got? A Bubbler is quite similar in operation and can be made much smaller. Mines about 9x12x5 inches. They can be even smaller, I just worked with a tub lying around the house. There are other methods that make my 9x12 look gigantic.

CLONERS- a collection of various methods

Nice work CD :wave:

hippydan

@FreezerBoy: I understand that cloners can be made very small, I just don't have the space to grow out more plants. Currently have a DR60 grow tent, measures approx. 2'x2'x5'. Eventually I'd love to upgrade to a larger tent for flowering, and convert my DR60 into a mother/veg tent, but right now it's not an option :(.

edit: I suppose I could use a small cloner for sexing plants, as I am going to be starting from seed when they arrive but I was hoping for at least one male anyway so I could have a crack at small-scale pollination.

Cloner in Action

Cloner in Action

Here are some pictures of the DIY cloner in action. Have some work to do to stop the dripping but other then that worked like a charm. Roots in 7 days, this is after 21 days in the cloner.

Clones looking healthy after 21 days in the cloner.

picture.php

Nice Root Growth, plain water (PH's) and some Superthrive

picture.php

picture.php

Preplanting in Rockwool

picture.php

Ready to go

picture.php