What's new

My Shwag Seed Experiment

ProfGerbik

just messing around to show people shwag can be good if grown properly, also was testing to see the success rate for females of everyday shwag bag seeds. 4/4 new record for females and its looking good.

think i might stick to shwag seeds they are worth more than the smoke itself and give good female rate. 4 weeks in flowering.

P1010499.jpg

P1010496.jpg

P1010513.jpg

P1010515.jpg

P1010507.jpg

P1010506.jpg

P1010505.jpg

P1010512.jpg

P1010501.jpg

P1010503.jpg

P1010502.jpg

P1010494.jpg

P1010504.jpg

P1010516.jpg

Last edited:
While I have experience with good results resulting from schwag / middies seeds, you just can't beat good genetics. Still, you have a good effort going thus far, and I hope you find a keeper.

Growing bagseed is fun because it's a total mystery. You don't know it's heritage or it's flowering time, but anything that you love will turn out well.
Here are some budshots of the popcorn I've been picking up looks like here.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I've been thinking of sending the seed to ICmag for freebies. What do you think?

HobbyGrower

I totally dig what you're doing with the schwagseed. I MUST try it for myself. Maybe after this next widowrella run.

ProfGerbik

so close to harvest time, i started flushing just yesterday.

sadly i had an electrical outage because someone set fire to my building... so my plants got pretty stressed and because my pump wasnt pushing water, the leaves took a beating from the nutes not being properly circulated. buds are just fine though, the damage was only minimal.

its recovered already and i stopped all the problems from the outage so ill keep you guys posted soon, should have some really dank photos up.

ProfGerbik

Not an expert, those look mighty green full of N and nowhere near ready

im also not an expert but i know my nitrogen is fine, im only using the recommended lucas formula throughout, just 8ml of flora nova bloom per gallon and used 5ml per gallon while they were smaller, oddly flora nova grow comes with more nitrogen and most would use that to veg.

also i dont know if you read the actual thread or just looked at the pictures but those pictures were taken 4 weeks into flowering, stated above. so yes you're right about them not being ready. i in no way planned to harvest them when i had posted these pictures as with most of the lower posts, ive been posting how im still waiting just starting the flush. wont be until the end of the month or possibly just a tid bit later, since im flushing them slowly.

i also know most would assume because of my droopy leaves near the buds, that its automatically a nitrogen issue, ive grown several different strains using all the same nutrients, its just this strain, unknown since its shwag seeds but i know that much, im just getting into showing what im growing to the online community, so im sorry if me not having pictures of my previous grows makes you doubt my knowledge towards it not much i can do about that.

ill be honest i was quite paranoid about all this and usually just kept a mind to read and never become a member or of any forums related to such things for that matter, but came to a point where i could care less, sick of the laws against marijuana period.

not saying that this unknown strain i have is this, but to give you an example of strains that grow differently, look into a strain called sterling haze, it grows with the same characteristics. cheers.

ProfGerbik

@1cheesebuds, thanks mate cant wait to show them, im really excited because this is some mighty frosty shwag i have now heh, no one would ever know it was if i hadnt said it.

has a very dense lemon smell to it, should be something new for me.

checked out your grows, good stuff! keep the love coming.

ProfGerbik

well finally the experiment is over. i harvested last night, here are those photos i been promising. she has grown a lot since the last pictures.

keep in mind had electrical fire in building, electricity was out for maybe a hour and my pump stopped circulating so the leaves got a little burn from the nutes, other than that all else was fine, she recovered in about 2 days so it was no big deal really. just saying cause i know how people are.

best shwag ive ever seen. smells like rainbows dont really know how to describe it other than that.

P1010078-1.jpg

P1010066.jpg

P1010063.jpg

P1010073.jpg

P1010072.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

P1010084.jpg

P1010086.jpg

now to just let them dry and a good ol cure.

G

googolsack

Looks good. I always used to grow random bagseeds 12 to 13 years ago, and probably 95% of them turned out female. And most of the seeds that i found were single seeds that popped out of a bud. I thought that maybe why they were nearly always female was because they were feminised seeds,.... the bud being pollinated by itself, by a rogue flower?

DeoXy

Awesome work prof. gerbik, I always knew bagseed had potential, if it came from some impatient farmer in bufu mexico... it prob. had a lot longer to go, sprayed down with some water(mold) compressed into bricks and smuggled our way... only for you to spend 10 mins deseeding and breaking it down... coffing out a lung and getting more high on the lack of oxygen... atleast you did something proper with the seeds ;).. looks frosty and very sativa'ish.. props bud!

Hows the finished smoke? Planning a cure for the F of it.. since you went thru all of this in experiment?

ProfGerbik

Awesome work prof. gerbik, I always knew bagseed had potential, if it came from some impatient farmer in bufu mexico... it prob. had a lot longer to go, sprayed down with some water(mold) compressed into bricks and smuggled our way... only for you to spend 10 mins deseeding and breaking it down... coffing out a lung and getting more high on the lack of oxygen... atleast you did something proper with the seeds ;).. looks frosty and very sativa'ish.. props bud!

Hows the finished smoke? Planning a cure for the F of it.. since you went thru all of this in experiment?

yea they are drying out now, just cut. so it will be maybe 3 weeks or so until i actually try it out, i always cure for at least 2 weeks and let dry for maybe 3-5 days depending on how it feels.

ugh i wish it was water they compressed it with >.> i remember when i was a kid my friend (not really friend i should say stupid kid) bought a pound of shwag... it looked like it was doused in some chemical to get it to hold together like that literally it was so compact and had a luster that looked like it had just been finished with wood polisher, was horrible and sure tasted like it looked.. like shit. ill never forget that lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts