Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique Vendors > The Wizards of Oz > Rainbow Dreaming

Thread Title Search    
Advertise on ICMag - Click for more info
 Rainbow Dreaming Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
scoobie

Rainbow Dreaming

Gday mates !!
Has anyone heard of this Aussie strain ???? Rainbow Dreaming, If so , what can you tell us about it ????? Supposed to be Mega !!( arent they all )

Old 03-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
Donald Mallard

Donald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivor
I have a feeling it was the one that won the nimbin cup when i was there ...
My memory sux sometimes though ,, maybe bushy can chime in , he will likely know ...
Donald Mallard jest offline   Quote

Old 05-08-2011, 04:01 AM   #3
bushweed

bushweed is a survivorbushweed is a survivorbushweed is a survivorbushweed is a survivorbushweed is a survivorbushweed is a survivorbushweed is a survivorbushweed is a survivorbushweed is a survivorbushweed is a survivorbushweed is a survivor
Found a picture of Rainbow Dreaming in my travels - bred by a Nimbin Cannabis Plate winner - Gary Von Billen...
bushweed jest offline   Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
scoobie

Now theres a pretty Girl !!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
Guest 26753

Here is a comment from the breeder, Garry Von Billen

High friends, my name is Garry and I want to tell you about a strain I developed in the hills
near Nimbin Australia.
I was lucky to buy some Jack Flash (Jack Herer Crossed with Haze x Superskunk) in 2002 on the street in Nimbin . I grew and pollinated the buds with a strain I have been growing for 25 years called
Carrot (Sativa that was smoked in Sydney in the late 70s) and the result was the Rainbow Dreaming ( R.D.) strain. I was impressed and so were my friends. They would ask me where I got the hash from.
I entered it into the Australian Cannabis cup held in Nimbin at Mardigrass time 2003.
The judges loved it and it won hands down, it was entered again in the 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007
Cups and won each year except for a second place in 2006.
The taste is very reminiscent of J.H. with a very uplifting high from the Carrot and the smoothness is 9 and a half out of ten. The stone lasts for hours and doesn’t result in a headache like some other strong strains.
Growing this strain is a long term project and the plants are veracious feeders. They grow to 4m and quite bushy. My friends all call them Christmas trees on roids. The stem attached to each leaf has a vibrant purple streak on top and the leaves are medium to light green.
If you can’t get a yield of 3 pounds from on of these girls then your growing methods should be adjusted. Three of my friends / acquaintances used the buds in their last weeks with Cancer and their families said it was the best way to go, just so peaceful.
Keep up the good fight for Pot law reform.

Hemp Hemp Hooray.
. …Garry Von Billen

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
Guest 26753

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
Donald Mallard

Donald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking Moose View Post
Here is a comment from the breeder, Garry Von Billen

High friends, my name is Garry and I want to tell you about a strain I developed in the hills
near Nimbin Australia.
I was lucky to buy some Jack Flash (Jack Herer Crossed with Haze x Superskunk) in 2002 on the street in Nimbin . I grew and pollinated the buds with a strain I have been growing for 25 years called
Carrot (Sativa that was smoked in Sydney in the late 70s) and the result was the Rainbow Dreaming ( R.D.) strain. I was impressed and so were my friends. They would ask me where I got the hash from.
I entered it into the Australian Cannabis cup held in Nimbin at Mardigrass time 2003.
The judges loved it and it won hands down, it was entered again in the 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007
Cups and won each year except for a second place in 2006.
The taste is very reminiscent of J.H. with a very uplifting high from the Carrot and the smoothness is 9 and a half out of ten. The stone lasts for hours and doesn’t result in a headache like some other strong strains.
Growing this strain is a long term project and the plants are veracious feeders. They grow to 4m and quite bushy. My friends all call them Christmas trees on roids. The stem attached to each leaf has a vibrant purple streak on top and the leaves are medium to light green.
If you can’t get a yield of 3 pounds from on of these girls then your growing methods should be adjusted. Three of my friends / acquaintances used the buds in their last weeks with Cancer and their families said it was the best way to go, just so peaceful.
Keep up the good fight for Pot law reform.

Hemp Hemp Hooray.
. …Garry Von Billen
nice one garry , sounds like lovely erbs ,
im sure i have a shot of that first cup winner somewhere ,
quite a large cola it was ..
Donald Mallard jest offline   Quote