What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Creator" Of Kush

Status
Not open for further replies.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
yeah, we all know Kyle takes other people's genetics and makes $ and a name for himself with them... shit I never heard the strawberry cough called KKSC till overgrow. obviously that subcool quote is pretty old cause Kyle Came through detroit on his way out west and dropped the cough here in like '97-'98ish. Dutch Passion didn't buy it from Kyle until like '05, but it was still referred to as KKSC on overgrow before that. i guess just to pump up the Kushman name and High Times brand.

Last edited:

try comb

yeah, we all know Kyle takes other people's genetics and makes $ and a name for himself with him... shit I never heard the strawberry cough called KKSC till overgrow. obviously that subcool quote is pretty old cause Kyle Came through detroit on his way out west and dropped the cough here in like '97-'98ish. Dutch Passion didn't buy it from Kyle until like '05, but it was still referred to as KKSC on overgrow before that. i guess just to pump up the Kushman name and High Times brand.

truth.

:artist:

try comb

ive smoked a bit of scough and sourd and tmb has smoke the best of both with me. the best to the ones that hate u.

BongRipkenJR.

exactly. the key is finding out where that original herb came from before he copped it on dead tour from JJ.

Exactly!

???

This guys is saying that his kush pollinated bubba & Purple indica to create bubba & purple indica. I will comment more on this later.

Thing I don't get is, I've grown chem,og,bubba and they don't seem related to me. All three are really different plants.

He said he started bubba kush, but he lost it. Thats when a "kanuck" used a master kush to make it and tried to compete with his og down in la. So I think the Pre98 bubba is what he is talking about when he talks about the impostor.

BongRipkenJR.

Bravo. The 2nd winner :yes:
He claims that the real "bubba" isnt around anymore. A lot of OG's do have hermie tendencies. I couldn't tell you how many bags of different OG Kushes I have gotten seeds in. Chemdawg and diesel also tend to have hermaphroditic tendencies. He even claims the original strains hermied.

BongRipkenJR.

Ok, I was asked not to divulge any of this info I was given being as an interview should be coming out in High Times very soon. Also a book is being released.

After the back and forth emails I had with this guy, I will tell you that this dude is legit. There were certain things that were said that kind of blew my mind.

I can tell you that he doesn't really know the true lineage of the bag seed he had. That seems like it will be a mystery for now so my quest still isn't over. But the king/queen line seems like it could be a big possibility.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Note: in patois ,, a "king-queen plant" is a hermaphrodite... the ones dem throw away.

L

Laugan Gaucher

at the beginnig I made cannabis from tomatoe and tobacco...( I've really heard this one day ! ) lot of breedings...and lot of bullshitt too.

and kush is really average behind the temple of Haze and asian sativa...

The story of the $500 ounce always bothered me. I mean, nowadays you might see top quality going for that, but in inflation adjusted '91 dollars that would be the equivalent of around $800. I just haven't heard of anyone paying that much for a bag.

DWkush

Ok, I was asked not to divulge any of this info I was given being as an interview should be coming out in High Times very soon. Also a book is being released.

After the back and forth emails I had with this guy, I will tell you that this dude is legit. There were certain things that were said that kind of blew my mind.

I can tell you that he doesn't really know the true lineage of the bag seed he had. That seems like it will be a mystery for now so my quest still isn't over. But the king/queen line seems like it could be a big possibility.

That guy is full of shit! I was on the phone with sticky fingaz from onyx and he has never heard of "matt". Sticky and B real were smoking kush together way before 96. He is going to call B real today or tomorrow.

Before you try to legitimize this fraud any more please re-read his story of bubba:
I am Bubba. I started the Bubba and named it after me and my friends...my bubbas...This was in Gainesville Florida which is where my partners older brother coined the name Kush in 1990. The bubba kush started in 96 after a hermi accident which my kush pollinated my Bubba and my Purple Indica. That gave birth to the Bubba Kush and the Purple Kush or PI.

Kush pollinated Bubba & purple indica to create bubba and purple indica? LOL complete bullshit!

canned abyss1

Veteran
The story of the $500 ounce always bothered me. I mean, nowadays you might see top quality going for that, but in inflation adjusted '91 dollars that would be the equivalent of around $800. I just haven't heard of anyone paying that much for a bag.

It definitely wasn't unheard of to see top quality going for $400 to $500 an ounce in '91. That's the funny thing, as inflation has gone up the cost of top quality herb has actually gone down. In '89 an ounce of "kind bud" as we called it back then was right in line with an ounce of gold right around $400 give or take. Now the price of gold is over $1000 an ounce and top quality herb is still around $300 to $400 an ounce

BongRipkenJR.

I remember just in 2007 some pounds of top Urkel selling for over 4k

Back then were actually rare elite strains and everybody didnt have them so that top notch indoor would sell for a lot. I have heard of some super expensive pounds and ounces being sold.

Matt gave me a lot of detailed info that is pretty damn believable. We will all see soon when/if the interview comes out. Supposedly it is very soon though.

About sticky fingaz. Back then weed was illegal. You could go to prison for it. People weren't naming names. That could be why Mr. Fingaz never heard of him. I just wouldnt go on to talk smack on this dude since this became a thinly veiled dislike thread.

I am going to wait for the interview because I am sure there are a few things he isn't telling me. If that interview never comes out I will post the emails.

bobman

Yea there is something about 500 at a dead show that has always seemed weird every time i have read that story. Not so much the price but the hole price and a dead show combo.

BongRipkenJR.

Yea there is something about 500 at a dead show that has always seemed weird every time i have read that story. Not so much the price but the hole price and a dead show combo.

In 2007 I had some super, ultra danky Green Ribbon. It was super danky! I went to Rock The Bells(a huge outdoor hip hop festival) in San Fransisco and as soon as I opened the bag of the 2 zips I brought I started slanging it like hotcakes. People didnt care what price they paid. It was a new strain that hadn't been around at the time and it fetched top dollar! More than what most norcal clubs were charging back then. I fully believe the $500/oz.

bobman

In 2007 I had some super, ultra danky Green Ribbon. It was super danky! I went to Rock The Bells(a huge outdoor hip hop festival) in San Fransisco and as soon as I opened the bag of the 2 zips I brought I started slanging it like hotcakes. People didnt care what price they paid. It was a new strain that hadn't been around at the time and it fetched top dollar! More than what most norcal clubs were charging back then. I fully believe the $500/oz.

A 91 dead concert is a little different than a 2007 hip hop festival. Is it plausible but something just makes me think that number has been inflated to show just how good the weed was. I guess it is a captive audience though.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It definitely wasn't unheard of to see top quality going for $400 to $500 an ounce in '91. That's the funny thing, as inflation has gone up the cost of top quality herb has actually gone down. In '89 an ounce of "kind bud" as we called it back then was right in line with an ounce of gold right around $400 give or take. Now the price of gold is over $1000 an ounce and top quality herb is still around $300 to $400 an ounce

jives w/ my experience, it wasn't too unusual to see backpat rats with 100 dollar quarters, no cuts on any quantity. it wasn't exactly the norm, but it wasn't infrequent, either.

500 doesn't seem too much of a stretch by my memory, at least. it wasn't so much captive audience as seller's market if you had dank - townies by the droves came out for that 1 bag they'd talk about while they smoked schwag for a year waiting on the next tour stop - if you ran the gauntlet to get the stuff on lot/tour, there really wasn't much reason to give any kind of price cut when you could sell small bags at high price with a quickness.

not saying all deals were like that, just it was common enough to make 500 not seem as goofy as it might otherwise.

REZDOG

Veteran
Let's try this,again.
(Sigh!)
SFV OG Kush Nug:
:)

attachment.php

:thank you:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran

i agree...i've been saying that for a while... 20yrs ago $500 bucks... i have my doubts...

and i would guess that whomever they copped it from had more then the 2 ozs chemdog bought, so they sold oz's/lbs to others which also contained seeds, so the shit is probably being grown/sold elsewhere under other name (s)...:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.