What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana Blue mystic low odor? is it true?

Akira_dk3

how is the smell? Not so much infomation about this strain?

Would be awesome if it was low odor!

Potency?

And so on :-D

thanks!

- AKIRA

N

Nashashuk

My friend did a 5plants grow, no carbon filter, and you could not idientify the smell from outside the tent *in late flowering*
il give a 3on10 for odor

N

Nashashuk

potency imo is above average, but its still my point of view
il be putting 9 of them in the soil next week il keep you updated

Akira_dk3

Okay sounds very nice! I don't really care about potency just want some low odor! :-D

Also ready got some Sour bubble to knock me out :)

Frosy

Some have said that low odor is associated with low potency- have you found that to be true?

N

Nashashuk

humm i dont think Odor and potency are related, i remember when i was younger having some Unknown strain, smelling like a skunk pissed in the bag lol

witch i guess was a *Skunk Strain*

blue mystic has some killer phenos that can be found
I preferred the indica dominant altho the sativa leaning pheno was good too
smell was low compared to some of the other Nirvana white strains
resin content was high tho, good hash material

smell wasn't an issue with that strain..Nirvana's Northern lights X big bud was also low odor in my experience..most of these dutch hybrids are new school fruity easy to grow low odor strains that stay short and flower quick..soo you sound all good yeah good luck man

I lost a killer BM pheno she was indica dominant and stinky right up there with some of my kushes I found 2 keepers in a pack of 10

I did 5 last year and they were mediocre and went much longer than the breeder pack said. I could of just been unlucky but don't expect a high level of keepers.

B

BlackEagle

ive grown 3 packs of blue mystic .20 females 10 males .19 had low odour 1 had a medium smell.no stinkers

bigAl25

Veteran
My blue mystic this run were low odor. The strawberry bubba kush and snow white smelled stronger. I am now drying one plant and letting the other go another week or more. I am getting some coloration on the leaves. I took the first one at 11 weeks or so. I will comment on the smoke after a proper cure. I can tell you that the buds were smaller than the snow white, but heavier and sticky. You can see the photos on the nirvana seeds fan thread.

Superstone

Grew a pack in '06 and it wasn't low odor at all.If I remember correctly there were 4 phenos from 5 females.2 of them were tall,lanky sativa types with no major secondaries.The top colas reminded me of lilac blooms. Yield was ok .tasted a little like blueberries. The second pheno was the indica one .It never got over 16" tall.This is the one with the most blueberry expression in odor and taste! Yield was better than the sativa types.The third type was the stretch indica.Tasted like blueberries butgrew like the sativa types.The fourth one reminded me of Zippo lighter fluid.It was by far the biggest yielder and the smelliest of the bunch.I found BM to be a potent strain with an indica buzz.

B

BlackEagle

how was the smoke?

hey bro ,,,
im not good in describing

but i can say one thing

bm was the sweetes strain ihad, it tastes like detxrogen dextrog is in my language fruktose ...it tastes so sweed .if some1 give me that strain i on the street ...would say its stretched with dextrose .......the smoke is so surreeal .....its so sweeet .....my bluem wasnt blue but f,, off the colour ... its a good strain .i would describe my smoke as a mid grade smoke.its milde ,but its a good daytime and daytime and bedtime some so its a hermaphrodite smoke .it is good for every time to smoke .

ps i was a heavy smoker ,now im not but this id my desinate
for this strain.

i can recomed it for both .heavy and sometimes smokers...if you dont smoke too much ..no paranoia ...you have my word world !

thix is just my xp ...everyone is different

(ps sorry for my english ..im still learning and i love zhos world language )

seeyouaunty

Some have said that low odor is associated with low potency- have you found that to be true?

Not in my case. Years ago i had a plant from bagseed that needed no smell control at all, and thats with 18 plants and 2 x 600W lights. Easily the strongest herb i've ever grown, stronger than Jack Herer, LUI, Blockhead, etc. And no smell. It autoflowered into oblivion years ago :(

Love to know what strain it was.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Blue Mystic from many years ago was a 7 or 8 weeker and a very fruity sweet smell. There were different phenos, only one was very blueberry leaning the rest just sweet & fruity with maybe some slight skunkiness. All were pretty low odor, great stone low paranoia. BM is a good'un! :good:

dopestyle

Have grown Blue Mystic about 5 times now & every time they have stunk my whle flat/block out! Maybe there are some non smelly phenos but all of mine (grown over a period of 5 years) have absolutely reeked. My current BM's I topped at three weeks and are growing well although the bud formations are not pretty (more like grapefruit shaped clumps) Smell is very fruity, had to buy a carbon filter the other day to control the smell..Both mine are very Indica although have very Sativa-like leaves. The stone every time has been strong yet enjoyable, very relaxing/smiley washes over you nicely, no racing heart or paranoia, I love this strain for the money they are great. Here they are at approx 7 weeks:

http://www.cannabisgrowguide.net/2012/02/edsthreads-blue-mystic-grow-journal.html

Latest posts

Latest posts