What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flowers for Algernon

Old Soul

Veteran
Its been a while since I did a grow diary or even posted any pics for that matter so I decided to start this to show what is going thru the flower room this year. A couple things have changed. I was running 600 watts and hand watering but have now switched to a 1k watts and have the plants on a 4x4 tray, watering 3 times a day using maxibloom at 1 tsp per gal.

The following are pics of Green Crack, taken at 50 days, and LVPK, taken down at 58 days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The pics arent the best quality, I am a little out of practice with the camera. As you can see I also have a white fly problem that I am trying to get under control. I will be shutting down in the summer for a couple months and plan on eradicating them for good then. Its been very difficult to get rid of them completely as my system is perpetual.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Nice title! ;) I haven't read that book since I was a kid, but I used to LOVE it! Thanks for the memory...

Oh yeah, your plants look great, even with the whitefly problem. You should give azamax a try, I keep hearing great things about that stuff, especially for perpetual gardens, because it is systemic.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Looking good bro. I hate those whiteflies. Finally got rid of mine. Def wouldn't recommend the method used to do it tho, hehe

Old Soul

Veteran
hush-I loved that book too, and wanted a catchy title, glad you liked it. I will have to check out that azamax stuff, thanks for the info.

resinryder-thanks for stopping by bro. I hate these flies too, and they multiply very quickly. ok, I gotta know, how did you eradicate them?

ddrew

Veteran
I see a lot of flower pics, but not a single one of Algernon!
I want my money back!;)

ddrew

Veteran
Here he is
Go Flowers!
Go Algernon!

Nice plant, green crack has been at the top of my want list for a long time.

Attachments

• FFA.jpg
    FFA.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 8

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
i had made a thread like this under an old user id but in reference to how pot seemed to unlock an intellectual potential beyond some neurological disorders i have

pot seems to have "awakened" me much like charlie was awakened in that book

happy gardening

Old Soul

Veteran
Let's just say they had a seizure and leave it at that. lol

LOL, so if I throw a strobe light in there for a bit do you think that I can trigger their seizures?

Weird-thanks for stopping by. Cannabis is such a beautiful and complex plant.

JW-thanks bro, its nice to have some time to share what I have going on with the rest of you. easy and I are trying to set some time aside to get up that way the end of March so I will keep you posted.

Old Soul

Veteran
jw-I would like to be up there for 420 again. We will see what the cash situation is then.

jacob-definitely one of the better books that school forced me to read. I think he would really enjoy these flowers also. thanks for stoppin by.

cf-it will be my pleasure bro. got some of that mango haze curing as well, cant wait to break her out.

I have a chem d and a stardawg that will be at 70 days on tuesday so I will have more pics then. The stardawg is one of the greasiest plants I have ever grown. she has such an intoxicating aroma if you get some on your fingers you just cant help but to keep sniffing them. lol

hazy

Veteran
I was afraid those specks all over your girls were whiteflies. I got them real bad on a grow from before my icmag days and they killed my yield. You did pretty good in spite of them, just a shame how many of them critters are going to go up in smoke fire up your bowl.
Stardawg sounds yummy.

Just noticed you have chem d. So how do you rate it next to chem4?

Old Soul

Veteran
hazy-hey bro, long time. I have been battling with these stupid flies for a bit now. They like some plants better than others. For the most part they just trash the leaves and stay away from the buds. there has only been one plant so far where I found them on the buds themselves so that is a good thing at least. It probably has been hurting my yield though, as they really stress the plants out. I cant wait to get rid of them and see how much better things can be.

I am only on my second run with the chem d, its gonna get chopped on tuesday at 70 days. the first one I ran only made it to 58 days because of stress/hermies. I have enjoyed growing both, but I think so far I still prefer the 4. I just really dig the lemon fuel smell that the 4 has.

Grizz

Veteran
hazy-hey bro, long time. I have been battling with these stupid flies for a bit now. They like some plants better than others. For the most part they just trash the leaves and stay away from the buds. there has only been one plant so far where I found them on the buds themselves so that is a good thing at least. It probably has been hurting my yield though, as they really stress the plants out. I cant wait to get rid of them and see how much better things can be.

I am only on my second run with the chem d, its gonna get chopped on tuesday at 70 days. the first one I ran only made it to 58 days because of stress/hermies. I have enjoyed growing both, but I think so far I still prefer the 4. I just really dig the lemon fuel smell that the 4 has.

thats what i hate the most about the 4, that citrus smell, give me the funk of the chem d anyday

Old Soul

Veteran
thats what i hate the most about the 4, that citrus smell, give me the funk of the chem d anyday

lol, you like anything with a good funk on it joesy. the more I grow the 4 the more I smell the chem, with the lemon/citrus being an aftertone. she grows on ya so to speak. hehe

whadeezlarg-hey bro. yea, this stardawg is killer. she has definitely jumped into my top 5. thanks for stopping by.

Gonna chop down a chem d and a stardawg tomorrow, will post pics then.