What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

non soluble Kelp meal in Coco?

3gunpete

You should be able to use it with no problem in coco as a amend. just like in soil, but youll need to ad something with micro-life in it like EW compost or liquid fortified with micro-life. It needs the micro-beasties to break it down into something yur plant can absorb.

Evnening CocoSativa.. I was wondering what type of enzyme you are referring to. I'm considering running a coco/perlite mix with bone meal and blood meal added, but was told that coco cannot break down the meals. I was thinking that adding worm casting would do that, but I'm not sure as I'm very new to this. I was also told that if I added worm castings to treat it as soil and not hydro... Not sure what that means or if it's correct.

Also, my favorite Sativa is Jack Herer.

CoCoSativas

Evnening CocoSativa.. I was wondering what type of enzyme you are referring to. I'm considering running a coco/perlite mix with bone meal and blood meal added, but was told that coco cannot break down the meals. I was thinking that adding worm casting would do that, but I'm not sure as I'm very new to this. I was also told that if I added worm castings to treat it as soil and not hydro... Not sure what that means or if it's correct.

Also, my favorite Sativa is Jack Herer.

Hi there sorry about the slow reply.

Canna zym and sensizym break down organic material if that's what you are into. Coco itself can't break down organics but you can add enzymes, bacteria and other stuff to break down organics and feed the plant. I really like us in enzymes in my 1 gal coco pots, I use the 1 gals to control plant size, but they get root bound so the zym breaks down some of the dead stuff and relaxes coco.

I used to only do soil organics and the soil was spent at the end of a grow it was barren after. I used lots of bennificial shit to break down everything I put in. I did organic coco for the first year and it was ok, then tried using general organics. Bottles are much easier in coco.

So now I do coco hydroponics. I use cannas base food I started with gh flora still have 2/3 of a gal of all 3 it was ok and great to learn hydro food but lackluster. So I got the canna food and went with locally available adds to mimic their program and it works really well. Its so much easier using bottles then amendments and I won't likely go back it's a myth organics is so much better. I did it for years and my coco hydro is just as good and the yield is twice the organic soil or organic coco.

The easiest way to add kelp and what I'm doing is using Technaflora thrive alive.

Pm me if you want to talk about what I do and why I do it.

Oh and if anyone says the enzyme won't break down kelp meal well I have dropped bits of it in the zym and zola it's gone the next day. I don't bother with non soluble anymore though because the thrive alive is so sweet...

If you are dead set on organics I can tell you what I did and why and whatever. Yeah worm castings contain bacteria and that's the cheapest way to add it to break organics down. I used castings for many reasons but no never treat coco like dirt. Ha that's wack I wouldn't ever do that. I mean honestly I'd you have to do coco organics buy some biocanna or use teas that's what I'd do if I did it again. That said I'll only change from canna coco ab set if I move to their cogr system.

I highly advise looking at all your coco options

Latest posts

Latest posts